2012 College Football Week 9

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was really impressed by Byu today. They will be a force for several years with that super talented frosh qb they have.

Can we get some applause for Mr. Heisman Collin Klein. He ran for almost 100 yards again and has accounted for 18 touchdowns
in his last 4 games! Wow that is what you call getting it done. Put that man on a Wheaties Cereal Box!

Does anyone know when Burkhead will be back. Nebraska is just a totally different team without him. He is so talented and so fast! I
still hope the Huskers can beat the Wolverines behind a big day by Martinez.

Riddlewire

Master
Can we get some applause for Mr. Heisman Collin Klein. He ran for almost 100 yards again and has accounted for 18 touchdowns
in his last 4 games! Wow that is what you call getting it done. Put that man on a Wheaties Cereal Box!

We all want to see Klein win the Heisman.
I just want to point out that Jordan Lynch has also scored 18 touchdowns in his last 4 games. If I'm not mistaken, he's now leading the nation in total touchdowns and he's second in rushing yardage. He accounts for 76% of NIU's offense and he has a 17:3 TD to INT ratio. If he were playing in a major conference, Lynch would be tied with Klein right now for the Heisman lead.

Highlander

Mentor
At the half against Auburn:

Manziel:
15/21 230 yds 2TD 0INT, 8c 65 yards 1TD

Swope:
5 rec, 110 yds, 2TD

Two players Chizik would never have even considered recruiting for Auburn. Like the coach at Idaho, the same will happen to Chizik, although with Chizik he supposedly had "blue chip" recruits and one of the top recruiting classes in the nation. So, (rhetorically) what gives?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Pleasantly surprised by how white Kansas State is. If Notre Dame doesn't lose the midget black quarterback/turnover machine, I will cheer for Kansas State to win the championship. And, of course, Klein should win the Heisman unless his skin color gets in the way...

northwinds

Mentor
Pleasantly surprised by how white Kansas State is. If Notre Dame doesn't lose the midget black quarterback/turnover machine, I will cheer for Kansas State to win the championship. And, of course, Klein should win the Heisman unless his skin color gets in the way...

Yep, Colin Klein is the obvious Heisman front runner....which has the commentators and DWFs searching all over for some other "contender". Mushberger tonight really building up the mulattao Notre Dame LB....seriously, when was the last time a LB won the Heisman. It reminds of Gerharts year where suddenly BSPN started promoting Suh out of nowhere which took the Heisman away from Toby. I also heard talk of the Ohio State QB tonight. My goodness, Klein has scored 18 TDs in the last 4 games....went into Geno Smiff's house and put on a show... should be the QB on the #2 team in the nation this week.....this should not be a close vote....but they are trying to take it away form Klein

Highlander

Mentor
Michigan (black) receivers have hands of stone...can't catch a thing. Maybe Hoke should think of bringing in that ("not very fast") White slot receiver that got them 90+ yards receiving last week so they have at least someone that can at least catch a damn pass.

Riddlewire

Master
Ray Holley having a great game for La Tech.
10 carries for 133 yards and a touchdown.

Unfortunately, moron caste whore Sonny Dykès is giving the majority of the carries (19 so far) to overrated negro Kenneth Dixon, who has managed an astonishing 3.4ypc.

Highlander

Mentor
More "hands of stone" from the OU and ND black receivers on each of their last drives when needing to convert very important 3rd downs.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Its obvious that Nebraska's offense isn't the same without Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah was inefficient most of the game with 2.1 ypc. Even though the score was close the defense was holding Michigan in check, well that and the horrible play of Michigan's offense. He broke off nice runs when the game was pretty much won by Nebraska, I guess you can say he sealed the game with the td but the offense just didn't run the same.Ameer Abdullah averaged a "respectable" 4.2 ypc while Burkhead averaged "only 4.8" last year. Martinez looked like he was off, the lack of the running game in the first 3 quarters might have been the reason.

Hopefully Martinez can become a great passer next year and be in the Heisman race, he already is the 18th player to have 5,000 passing yards and 2,000 rushing yardFor this year I hope Burkhead can come back and have some great games being the focal point of the offense.Ameer Abdullah just isn't cutting this year, maybe next year. If Rex can't play, I wonder if he can get a medical redshirt and play next year, that would be a potent offense. The rules state that a player can get one if he played 30 percent, which would be like 3.6 games, I wonder if they count in quarters and minutes because there are a quite few games where he only played 1 or 2 quarters, I haven't calculated it yet but it might be over the 3.6 mark but if its not by much they might do it.

referendum

Mentor
Just wondering, how white is Kansas State. I thought their depth chart had about 5 white starters on offense and one on defense. Are they playing many more than that during recent games?

dwid

Hall of Famer
Just wondering, how white is Kansas State. I thought their depth chart had about 5 white starters on offense and one on defense. Are they playing many more than that during recent games?

I was wondering the same thing, there were times when I thought I saw several Whites on defense, but one of hte plays they did a close up on a guy that looked White and from the looks of his face he was not White.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Zach Zenner had his second straight sub-par performance today. He was held under 100 yards for the first time this season in SDSU's 41-28 victory over Youngstown State. Zach tallied 87 yards on 17 carries with 1 touchdown. Either SDSU's coach has "tweaked" the offense for better overall effectiveness, or Zach might be nursing a lingering injury.

i don't think either of those scenarios are what took place, RW. in my opinion, Youngstown State sold out to stop the run (which sort of worked, although Zenner still averaged over 5 yards-per-carry and scored) and were gambling that SDSU's erratic quarterback Austin Sumner couldn't make them pay ... the box score appears to back up my perspective, but fortunately for the Jackrabbits, that strategy (while limiting Zenner's numbers) didn't pan out.

entering the game, SDSU had averaged barely more than 150 passing yards-per-game, and Sumner had only thrown for 5 touchdowns to 12 interceptions. in this game, Sumner threw for 5 touchdowns (doubling his season total to that point) and 351 yards with only 1 interception.

a team that, i think, did change their game plan to limit their White running back is Georgia Tech. their starting b-back, sophomore Zach Laskey, was coming off a game where he ran for over 100 yards on just 17 carries and caught a pass for 11 more yards. against BYU, though, he only got to touch the ball 3 times including a 4th-and-1 carry which he converted. he didn't appear to be injured, as he was on the field intermittently throughout the game in a blocking role. since Georgia tech began running the option, i can't think of another b-back who has received fewer touches than Laskey, who "coincidentally" is the White player to have played the position.

in the SEC, the only two White wide receivers who saw snaps on offense were completely unstoppable: the rarely-utilized Tennessee Vol speedster Zach Rogers and slot machine sprinter Ryan Swope at Texas A&M.

zachrogerscelebrates.jpg

Zach Rogers demonstrates where he should be on the depth chart

Rogers is so under-used that he should ask to be traded. LOL. anyway, he caught 6 passes for 107 yards and 3 touchdowns: from 8 yards, from 37 yards, and from 22 yards. you can see video of the scoring plays by clicking here: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=323012579

the Vols still lost, though.

similarly, Ryan Swope was a dominant force in the passing attack, albeit in a winning effort. Swope caught 6 passes for 140 yards and 2 touchdowns (from 16 and 19 yards, respectively) with a long catch of 50 yards. the Auburn secondary had no answer for him.

ryanswopeuntouchable.jpg

Ryan Swope was untouchable for the "real" talents of Auburn

another dynamic White athlete was also a juggernaut in the A&M-Auburn contest: Aggie freshman dual-threat qb, Johnny "Football" Manziel. the frosh passed for 260 yards and 2 touchdowns with no interceptions and ran 9 times for 90 yards and 3 more scores.

if a freshman can be considered for the Heisman, then Johnny Football should be in the conversation, because he has taken the SEC by storm.

you can see highlights of A&M's White blitzkrieg by clicking here: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=323010002

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in the ACC (anti-caucasian coalition?), the bare handful of White players who get a chance to touch the ball played well.

in the loss to Clemson, Wake Forest's most dangerous offensive player Michael Campanaro had a solid, if unspectacular, game. Campanaro had 6 catches for 52 yards and 2 carries for 12 yards. surprisingly, "fullback" Tommy Bohanon (who coaches say runs routes like a wide receiver) actually had a few balls thrown toward him. the result? 3 catches for 29 yards and 2 touchdowns. one wonders why he isn't utilized more ...

tommybohanon.jpg

Tommy Bohanon (top) celebrates a rare scoring opportunity

in Boston College's win over Maryland, wide receiver Alex Amidon continued his complete dominance over opposing affletic secondaries. Amidon totaled 9 catches for 137 yards. true freshman defensive back-turned-tailback David Dudeck caught one pass, but it went 20 yards for a touchdown. wideout Bobby Swigert was held to one catch for 5 yards.

it's a shame that Boston College's two line units aren't consistently more effective, because they can sure throw the ball around (they just can't run or stop the run on a regular basis).

in nearly all-black Duke's blowout defeat to nearly all-black Florida State, White wideout Conner Vernon had an unusually small stat line: 3 catches for just 12 yards.

dwid

Hall of Famer
in the ACC (anti-caucasian coalition?), the bare handful of White players who get a chance to touch the ball played well.

It should be noted that this black conference is not even close to being the 2nd best conference or even 3rd, yet in 2011 they had the 2nd most players drafted in 2011, haven't looked at the 2012 numbers. Yeah "the best players always play"

Highlander

Mentor
in nearly all-black Duke's blowout defeat to nearly all-black Florida State, White wideout Conner Vernon had an unusually small stat line: 3 catches for just 12 yards.
True Freshman Max McCaffery (and hopefully heir apparent to Conner) had 2 catches for 31 yards.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
I remember watching Ryan Swope here in Texas as a high schooler. He had some Sam Mcguffie style highlights. Wonder why he wasnt recruited as a RB...

TwentyTwo

Master
Good to see the TD Fest for Swope & Rogers in the SEC!

UL-Monroe WR David Leonard had 9 rec 126 yards & 4 TD's!!

Turner Peterson had 137 yards rushing; 19 carries; 1 TD...& 1 rec 38 yd TD

Ray Holley 12-130-1...including a 83 yard TD i need to check out some highlights!

Zach Line 23-127-1

Eric Breitenstein 23-110-2

Fun to watch Cam McDaniel return kickoffs for Notre Dame...hopefully next season he can get more carries other than at garbage time...