2012 Baylor Bears

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are your 2012 white Baylor Bears. RGIII is finally gone, and I hope Baylor tears it up this year with Nick Florence at QB. Florence should put up some huge numbers this year with Baylor's system, and a good WR corps, but I don't think Florence will get the hype that RGIII did. Since '05, Baylor has started 6, 5, 9, 9, 10, 3, and 6 whites. Some white Bear reserves to look for are QB Bryce Petty, TE Jerod Monk, LG Tim Smith, C Stefan Huber, RG Jake Jackson, DT Beau Blackshear and WLB Brody Trahan. We have 11 white starters for the Bears!! :)

Offense
QB- Nick Florence
FB- Erik Wolfe
TE- Jordan Najvar
LT- Spencer Drango
RG- Cameron Kaufhold
RT- Troy Baker

Defense
NG- Trevor Clemons-Valdez
WLB- Eddie Lackey
MLB- Bryce Hager
DS- Sam Holl
CS- Mike Hicks

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
just an update on Baylor's defense ...

i watched the Baylor-SMU game, and Baylor's defense was flying all over the field. which is "weird," when you consider all their best players are White men, including 5 starters:

S - Sam Holl (junior) - 4 total tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 interception, 2 passes broken up
S - Mike Hicks (senior) - 9 total tackles (6 solo), 1 fumble recovery returned 66 yards for a touchdown
LB - Bryce Hager (sophomore) - game-high 14 total tackles, 1 forced fumble
LB - Eddie Lackey (junior) - 8 total tackles, 1 interception returned 23 yards
DT - Trevor Clemons-Valdez (redshirt freshman) - 2 total tackles

Brody Trahan (junior linebacker) didn't start, but he gets starter's reps and finished with 5 total tackles, as does defensive tackle Beau Blackshear (redshirt freshman). he had 2 total tackles against SMU.

the two safeties are top notch ballhawks, and Hager looks to have the makings of a GREAT one.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Baylor plays WVU this weekend. Florence has put up some great numbers so far so I fully expect him to begin getting Heisman hype if he plays well vs BSPNs chosen black quarterback Geno Smiff on Saturday.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
In-depth look at fast-rising Bryce Hager, who was snubbed by most B.C.S. schools, yet leads the Big 12 in tackles as a sophmore.

Baylor senior quarterback Nick Florence has comparable numbers to Robert Griffin III, who won the Heisman Trophy and left early for the N.F.L.

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
Not a major news item, but I haven't posted anything in a while, so here's something.

Baylor recently had their Spring football game. Here is a small writeup about the offense from Scout.com:

Is Bryce Petty really ready to be the next Baylor quarterback star? Despite a gusty wind, he still managed to hit on a razor-sharp 13-of-15 passes for 181 yards and two touchdowns with Clay Fuller catching four passes for 72 yards and a score...
Petty drove the ball well through the wind with the two misfires coming on out plays that simply didn’t connect; he threw well and made big plays happen.
No. 2 quarterback option Seth Russell completed 9-of-22 passes for 42 yards and two picks.

Here are Petty, Fuller, and Russell. Each has at least two years of eligibility remaining.
bbears.jpg

It looks like there won't be a repeat of WD40 at Baylor for a while.