2011 Washington State Cougars

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Cougars started 13 white players last season. Here are the projected starters for 2011.

QB-Jeff Tuel
FB-Jared Byers
WR-Jared Karstetter
WR-Gino Simone
TE-Skylar Stormo
RG-BJ Guerra
RT-Micah Hannam
LT-Tyson Pencer

DT-Toby Turpin
DE-Kevin Kooyman
DE-Travis Long
MIKE-Mike Ledgerwood
WILL-Alex Hoffman-Ellis

Same as last year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope Washington State improves their level of play this year. I'd like to see these White starters win a lot of games.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tuel is one of the most underrated qbs in the nation. Karstetter is also a very good wideout playing on a bad program. Hopefully they improve this year and both these plays are integral to a turn around.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Cougars hired ex-Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach to lead their program. It will be interesting to see how the Cougars recruiting process changes with Leach in charge. Like most of the Northwest schools, Washington State is one of those poly-central schools, while I don't show that Leach recruited a ton of polys in his previous coaching stints.

Riddlewire

Master
Wulff started out with the whitest recruiting class in the nation (tied with Iowa) among BCS conference schools.

Since then, his numbers have been far worse. Including, as you mention, a flood of polys that would put BYU to shame.

Leach is a "Big Name" nationally. Made even more famous during his hiatus. I suspect he's not going to want the white kids that play in the west. He's going to use his fame to recruit southern California and Florida, and his previous ties to recruit Texas. And I seriously doubt he's going to shut down the poly pipeline. WSU will probably look like Oregon or USC in two years.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Leach had White friendly teams at Tech. He knows to run his version of the spread he needs a White quarterback and it doesn't hurt to have Whites at receiver. Welker, Amendola, Eric Morris. Personally, I was kind of hoping Leach would wind up at Tulane, he said he was very interested in the job and liked the goals and standards that Tulane sets forth (the previous coach criticized that he couldn't get enough talent because of academic requirements). They have a relatively White friendly team but terrible coaching. Tulane didn't offer him a job though.