2011 UTEP Miners

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
<div>UTEP looks to start 5 white starters. However; 3 of them look to have a significant amount of mexican blood. I know UTEP has a very high minority enrollment, I think it is around 40% Latino or anchorbabies. So it looks like their team is a reflection of their school. </div><div></div>Offense Returning Starters: 2

QB 7
Nick Lamaison 6-1 205 JR

LT 58 Brander Craighead 6-6 300 SO

C 63 Eloy Atkinson 6-3 300 JR *WhiteMexican <div></div>RT 68 James Nelson 6-7 330 JR
*White/Mexican Mix

Defense<div></div>LE 92 Adam Ayala 6-5 275 SO *White/Mexican mix
</font>

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I hate UTEP... they can suck for the next 20 years like they have for the past 20 years. I'm guessing they really don't have any white backups anywhere.

Highlander

Mentor
Mike Price sure loves his thugs. Even after getting whipped good by BYU in a bowl game last year, he still can't force himself to even consider adding talented White football players to his roster.

Riddlewire

Master
UTEP finished in the bottom 20% of APR scores. They're losing 4 scholarships because of this.
IMO, that's not enough of a penalty. Teams should lose practice days in addition to scholarship losses.

M

mattgianone

I know UTEP is going coal black these days but they actually recruited 3 white defensive backs this year which is incredible. I mentioned cb/s Gage Sharp but they also have Shane Huhn ( safety ) and db Cole Freytag coming in. I cant find Freytag on the 2011 roster but I just caught this kid on youtube and this kid is another incredible athlete. Hes got some jets and would make a great wr. He also leaps over a guy in his highlights that puts McGuffie to shame. Ill try and find out what happened to him.