2011 Tulane Green Wave

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tulane started 7, 9, 7, 8 and 11 Whites since '06. Looks like there will be an increase on offense and a decrease on defense, which might produce 10 White starters this season. Some White backups who have a decent shot at playing time include CB Alex Lauricella, WLB Zack Davis, DT Shane Delery, RT Sean Donnelly, C Zach Morgan, LG Adam Skidmore, LT Mike Henry, TE Matt Marfisi, WR (X) Brent Comardelle and QB D.J. Ponder. Even though Tulane could and should be Whiter than this, it is nice to see a Deep South team with a decent White WR corps, even though it isn't all White.

Offense
QB Ryan Griffin
WR (X) Joe Kemp-may see additional action as the Y receiver
WR (Y) Wilson Van Hooser-may see additional action as the Z receiver
TE Brock Sanders
LT Pat Husain
LG Harris Howard
C Joey Ray
RT Eric Jones

Defense
RDE Austen Jacks
SS Taylor Echols-in a fight for the position

dwid

Hall of Famer
bad news for Tulane. I thought they would try to improve after firing Bob Toledo who has been a horrible coach, never can utilize the talent he had, and threw his players under the bus by saying "its not the scheme, its the players" and hinting that the academic requirements stopped him from succeeding. Now they hire Curtis Johnson. Who? He has been a wide receivers coach for his entire career. I understand wanting to get someone that will stick with the program and is local but come on, he isn't qualified to coach. This is an AA hire.

I was hoping for Mike Leach, who stated he was interested in the job and liked goals and standards that Tulane has, but they didn't offer him. Its probably for the best (for WSU, not Tulane) since they are in a more competitive division, but Tulane could have found someone better. Its the only team that I still somewhat care about since I grew up going to games with my Grandpa, but unfortunately haven't been able to watch them because of the horrible coaching and ignoring tons of Whites in state who are talented and have the grades to get in. There is no reason for them not to be competitive.

Alex Lauricella was screwed over this year not seeing the field this much despite being impressive when he played in 2010. He has one more year left and should be a starter. Echols didn't see the field much either but I believe this was his last year.

Last edited: