2011 Stanford Cardinal

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Cardinals started 14 whites last season and 15 in 09'. Here are the projected white starters for the 2011 team.

QB-Andrew Luck
FB-Ryan Hewitt
WR-Griff Whalen
TE-Coby Fleener
Guard-Kevin Danser
Center-Sam Schwartzstein
Guard-David DeCastro
Tackle-Tyler Mabry

DE-Matt Masifilo
DE-Ben Gardner
OLB-Chase Thomas
ILB-Shayne Skov(possibly mixed)
ILB-Max Bergen
OLB-Trent Murphy

It looks like 14 white starters this season, same as last year. Runningback Tyler Gaffney should see some playing time as well.

Edited by: whiteathlete33

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I think Skov is mixed, I remember some posters on the board discussing that.

Also, not to nitpick, but it's Stanford Cardinal, not Cardinals.
smiley17.gif
Edited by: Jack Lambert

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
what happened to their white RB.? I forget his name at the moment.
He was Calif HS player of the year, a few yrs ago.

White Power

Mentor
Was playing baseball like Gerhart did and did not compete during the spring practices so he is behind until at least the fall I think. Also Skov is mixed however saw a piece on sportscenter Skov's mother is from Mexico so to me he is still a caste buster.

itsme

Guru

White Power

Mentor
Listen his mother is a dark Mexican woman. I am not aware of any black Mexicans however their are many dark Mexicans that might look black but are not black. I am tired of arguing with some of you on this board what you posted was clearly taped in MEXICO, they were speaking Spanish. It was not taped in the hood or in down town LA for that matter. Edited by: White Power

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good to see another Whalen starting at WR!!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
No. 5 Stanford loses LB Skov (knee) for the season

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-5-stanford-loses-lb-skov-knee-for-the-season

If anyone doubts his race, just read this. And, of course, his bro - Patrick - is clearly non-White.

Outside of Heisman Trophy hopeful Andrew Luck, there might not be a more important player on The Farm than Skov, and there's certainly not a more important defensive player. His contributions go well beyond tackles and sacks.

The middle linebacker relays most of the calls to teammates and oversees audibles at the line of scrimmage. The signature eye black that Skov spreads liberally around his face and his mini-mohawk cut have also become staples on the Stanford defense. The injury could also have significance beyond this season.

The 6-foot-3, 251-pound redshirt junior was expected to enter the NFL draft in April, although he could delay the jump. His brother, Patrick, is also a freshman fullback on the team.

Jarek Lancaster played in Skov's place for most of the second half Saturday. Sophomore Blake Lueders and redshirt freshman AJ Tarpley also are options.

I was going to mention on a previous occasion that there was ZERO doubt that the NFL's red carpet would be rolled out for him (taken in round 1 or 2), while you can fully expect Chase Thomas to be greatly "downgraded.." It's often the case that Stanford's "non-QB Whites" are viewed as not having a future in professional football. Well, yes, there's a Caste System.. but Whites from "academic institutions" seem to get it worse from the NFL.

I think Stanford will be more watchable now, but expect to see the tears flowing liberally from the announcers... I realize that Stanford may not go undefeated, and I'd say the same thing even if Skov was healthy. The only difference now, is that if they lose, the MSM will say it's because they don't have Skov. Oh well..

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
N.F.L. teams love Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, but his athletic tight ends -- Zach Ertz and Coby Fleener -- are also on the radar of scouts.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Listen his mother is a dark Mexican woman. I am not aware of any black Mexicans however their are many dark Mexicans that might look black but are not black. I am tired of arguing with some of you on this board what you posted was clearly taped in MEXICO, they were speaking Spanish. It was not taped in the hood or in down town LA for that matter. Edited by: White Power
They have Black Mexicans just not many. Many dark Mexicans have some Black blood, Most Blacks were absorbed into the population after Spanish rule and some famous Mexicans have traces of Black blood ie Eva Longoria who has a Puerto Rican look.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is a comment from a DWF or possibly a brutha regarding Andrew Luck that was posted on Yahoo

0 0

Whole Truth 1 minute ago Report Abuse
All this attention Luck has gotten is just a hidden slight to Cam Newton. How absurd is it that folks have stated matter-of-factly that Luck would've been the #1 pick had he declared last year? Now that the NFL talking heads are eating crow because of what Newton's doing out there against the best competition on the planet, their attention toward Luck has grown even stronger. They've all but given him the Heisman (which he doesn't deserve at this point) and they've suggested he'll be the greatest QB coming out of college since Elway and Marino. Now tell me, after what we've seen of Cam Newton thus far, who in their right minds believe Luck will be nearly as good in the pros? What has he done so far at the college level to make anyone think he's that good??

Luck is just another white QB plucked from the assembly line. Over the past 15 years the only white QB's entering the league with the "greatness" label who have actually panned out are Rapistberger, Rodgers and Peyton Manning. Eli & Rivers are way overrated and Stafford has yet to prove he belongs in that class. Brady wasn't expected to have the career he's having and Matt Ryan, Matt Cassell, Henne, Cutler, Schaub and Flacco are way overrated.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here is a comment from a DWF or possibly a brutha regarding Andrew Luck that was posted on Yahoo

0 0

Whole Truth 1 minute ago Report Abuse
All this attention Luck has gotten is just a hidden slight to Cam Newton. How absurd is it that folks have stated matter-of-factly that Luck would've been the #1 pick had he declared last year? Now that the NFL talking heads are eating crow because of what Newton's doing out there against the best competition on the planet, their attention toward Luck has grown even stronger. They've all but given him the Heisman (which he doesn't deserve at this point) and they've suggested he'll be the greatest QB coming out of college since Elway and Marino. Now tell me, after what we've seen of Cam Newton thus far, who in their right minds believe Luck will be nearly as good in the pros? What has he done so far at the college level to make anyone think he's that good??

Luck is just another white QB plucked from the assembly line. Over the past 15 years the only white QB's entering the league with the "greatness" label who have actually panned out are Rapistberger, Rodgers and Peyton Manning. Eli & Rivers are way overrated and Stafford has yet to prove he belongs in that class. Brady wasn't expected to have the career he's having and Matt Ryan, Matt Cassell, Henne, Cutler, Schaub and Flacco are way overrated.

Nice showing of a lack of intelligence there, along with an unhealthy dose of anti-White bias. Luck will outlast and outperform Scam barring some kind of early career ending injury.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is an article from the racist Jemele Hill who claims Robert Griffin should be the Colts pick and not Andrew Luck. She gives Luck some credit but we all know her agenda from past articles. She wrote "What ever happened to the white tailback," as many of you recall. In that article she agreed with Jon Entine and the myth of black athletic supremacy. How can ESPN keep these affirmative action writers?

[h=1]Colts should pick Griffin, not Luck
[/h]

By Jemele Hill
ESPN.com
Archive | Contact

[h=5]Andrew Luck Or RG3?[/h]Kordell Stewart, Chris Broussard, and Skip Bayless discuss who is the best quarterback in the NFL Draft.Tags: Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, RG3, Kordell Stewart, Chris Broussard, Skip Bayless, First Take

[h=6]VIDEO PLAYLIST
video2.png
[/h]

After Indianapolis owner Jim Irsay made the bold decision on Monday to fire team vice chairman Bill Polian and his son, Chris, the general manager, the typically steady Colts were suddenly cast into a state of calculated upheaval.
Who'll be running the Colts' front office isn't clear. And since the Polians' ouster effectively put coach Jim Caldwell's future with the team in a holding pattern, who will coach the Colts next season is a mystery, too.
But what the Colts should do with the No. 1 pick couldn't be more obvious.
Forget about Stanford's Andrew Luck. The Colts should use the top pick on Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III.
[+] Enlarge AP Photo/Matt YorkAndrew Luck sounded more interested in starting in the NFL than waiting his turn when he spoke after the Fiesta Bowl.

Of course, this is assuming that the Colts keep the pick. If another team offers the Colts multiple high draft picks for the No. 1, the Colts have to take the deal in order to maximize the remainder of Peyton Manning's Hall of Fame career.
But if a sweetheart deal doesn't materialize, drafting Griffin makes more sense for the Colts than selecting Luck.
This isn't a criticism of Luck, a dynamic NFL prospect who is the most pro-ready quarterback in college football. Luck has all the tools -- size, arm strength, intelligence, maturity, leadership, on top of being a pretty good athlete. If Luck pans out, his NFL team wouldn't have to worry about the quarterback position for a decade.
So if Luck is that good, why not draft him No. 1 overall?
For the Colts, this decision must be based on more than just which quarterback is better now. The Colts need to be able to use the No. 1 pick not only to plan for life without Manning, but also to give themselves the best opportunity to win now.
Manning's future in Indianapolis is uncertain. The Colts must decide in March if they will pay him a $28 million option bonus that activates the final four years of his five-year, $90 million contract. If the Colts elect not to pay Manning, he'll become an unrestricted free agent.
Obviously, Manning's health is the primary issue. Even at 35 years old, if Manning is healthy, he's an elite quarterback.
[h=4]Griffin Vs. Luck[/h]
nfl_e_draft_65.jpg
There is little question Andrew Luck remains the better prospect and should be the pick for the Colts. Steve Muench

Should Manning return at full strength, does he really want to spend the last few years of his career with Luck -- whom Indianapolis fans were clamoring for during the Colts' free fall this season -- lurking behind him?
In December, Manning's father, Archie, indicated that the answer to that question was no. During a Fox Sports radio interview, Archie said that having Luck and Manning on the same team wouldn't make much sense for either player.
"I think Andrew's the type of mature player … he can walk right in," Archie said then.
Archie Manning was serving as a de facto mouthpiece for his son and firing a subtle warning that Peyton Manning didn't want to coexist with Luck. Archie later backtracked, and even though Peyton attempted to do some damage control, the Mannings' comments raise some interesting questions about the potential relationship dynamic between Manning and Luck.
Whether Archie Manning's comments were benign or not doesn't matter at this point. If the Colts take Luck, despite Manning's numerous, impressive accomplishments, expect a full-fledged quarterback controversy almost immediately.
[+] Enlarge Sarah Glenn/Getty ImagesRobert Griffin III has the legs to go with his NFL arm.

I just don't see that happening if the Colts draft Griffin, who has just as much talent and high-character intangibles as Luck.
Both Griffin and Luck could play right away, but Luck is a more polished product. Griffin, on the other hand, could benefit from sitting behind Manning awhile. He could be another Aaron Rodgers, who sat behind Brett Favre for three seasons before becoming Green Bay's starter in 2008.
Also, the quarterback position in the NFL is changing. Traditional pocket passers are still a desired commodity, but the idea that an athletic quarterback is a liability is outdated. By breaking Manning's rookie passing-yardage record, Cam Newton showed a more dangerous quarterback model is emerging -- a pass-first, freakish athlete who can make dazzling plays with his legs.
Newton and Griffin are different players, but Griffin fits the general mode that Newton established. Griffin's running ability is as rare as Newton's and Michael Vick's. Griffin, an All-American in track at Baylor, possesses legitimate 4.4 speed. If you combine that with the fact that he throws perhaps the most accurate deep ball in college football, Griffin's upside is absolutely staggering.
The Colts are in the unenviable position of trying to set themselves up for the future in the presence of a living legend. It's a delicate process and if the Colts aren't careful, they could alienate Manning and may be forced to take a hard stance about his future prematurely.
This isn't to say that if the Colts chose Luck, they would be making a horrible mistake. But Griffin gives the Colts a chance to win right now and for years to come.
Jemele Hill can be reached at jemeleespn@gmail.com.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Luck is going Number 1. There can't be a GM in the NFL that does not realize you need a Brady/Manning/Brees/Stafford QB with the big arm that can throw for 5k yards a year. That's the formula for winning and any other route is risky.

There is no way anyone see's Griffin as being that kind of QB. At best he's a Vick at worst a Troy Smith. He's too small for the pro QB position. Can Newton had size so it coupld plausibly be claimed he would be that kind of QB, Griffin is not. Some team will of course waste a high pick on a career back-up.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Luck is going number 1 no matter what. He's too talented and way more ready for a pro offense than Griffin. Even if Griffin does succeed so what? Black quarterbacks are actually regressing in recent years. Newton is probably the best black quarterback in the league and he's only a rookie. A couple of decent black qb's won't change anything.

Luck will be able to come in and start immediately like Peyton Manning did. He's that good. Griffin will be an afterthought after next season.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Luck is going Number 1. There can't be a GM in the NFL that does not realize you need a Brady/Manning/Brees/Stafford QB with the big arm that can throw for 5k yards a year. That's the formula for winning and any other route is risky.

There is no way anyone see's Griffin as being that kind of QB. At best he's a Vick at worst a Troy Smith. He's too small for the pro QB position. Can Newton had size so it coupld plausibly be claimed he would be that kind of QB, Griffin is not. Some team will of course waste a high pick on a career back-up.
I agree with just about everything in this post, except that Tony Dungy has publically stated that he would choose Griffin III over Luck, and if he is named as the Colts GM.....

wile

Master
Let the caste system hoist itself upon its own petard. I believe that a team can win with one of these running black quarterbacks save for one thing, when they get to the point that they are not a liability to their team they demand huge contracts that sap their teams finances and help destroy the team's chances (I think the same about Indy and NE btw). I call this the Randy Moss phenom (I know not a qb) where a caste prima destroys the team from a deep seated naturally occurying pathological behavior of big man thinking.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Even Mel Kiper agrees that Luck is way ahead of supa afflete Griffin. From Rotoworld.

In an ESPN.com online chat, draft analyst Mel Kiper wrote that he has a "significantly" higher grade on Stanford QB Andrew Luck than Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

"He's the best QB I've graded since John Elway in 1983," Kiper wrote of Luck. "He has a significantly higher grade than RGIII. There is no one close to him in the draft." Luck is bigger than Griffin and considered to be more pro-ready after playing in an NFL-style college scheme. Griffin played in a shotgun-heavy spread at Baylor. Luck is fully expected to be the No. 1 pick, although ESPN's Chris Mortensen predicted Tuesday that Griffin will be No. 2.