2011 outdoor season

frederic38

Hall of Famer
phil: i think that matt harper was happy too to see chileans ofgerman origin do well in sprint

frederic38

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Wow. What a race. Thanks for posting that frederic and for also giving us a little history into the family. Very interesting stuff. He looks like a great guy. Collio and DeGregario will so close. Even Cerutti was within striking distance but Galvan held them all of. I hope he starts racing 100/200 in the future.

thank you whitelighning
this is a guy i will keep an eye on
i asked him what his projects are, if he wants to do the 100m more, and if he will be in daegu
the guy that is of german origin and italian origin is sebastian keitel
smiley2.gif

matteo galvan is 100% venetian, father and mother are pure veneto product

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Ramil 10.19 in Stockholm yesterday (1.2w)
(btw Dariusz Kuc 10.60 in the same race)Edited by: jacknyc

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
Some young European 400m talent showed itself yesterday.
Marcell Deak-Nagy of Hungary set a National Junior record yesterday with a time of 46.01.
Marco Lorenzi of Italy did the same with a time of 46.39.
Marco turned 18 today. Marcell is 19.

Marcell Deak-Nagy of Hungary broke his own National Jr. record yesterday, this time dipping under the 46 seconds, to 45.74.
Looks like he may be a contender in years to come.
I found this photo of him. Looks like a kid - well he is.
http://edzesonline.hu/cikk/502/bemutatjuk_deak_nagy_marcell

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
By the way, in the same race, Brent LaRue, ex-Wake Forest 400m hurdler, was right behind him in 45.75.
I don't know that we ever talked about Brent because it seems his coaches at WF weren't using him in the 400m, and had him running hurdles and working on the decathlon.
It seems his true talent lies in the 400m.
Well now that he has a huge PB, I'm sure he's anxious to see how far he can go in this event.
Me too.

trackster

Mentor
Sally Pearson just won the 100 hurdles over a handful of Jamaican man-women. Nice run. It was interesting to see the lineup. There were five Jamaicans and Americans, all with massive steroid-pumped frames and the kind of deltoids you used to only see on a heavyweight boxer. Then there was little Sally, a lovely Swiss miss, and delicate Derval O'Rourke of Ireland. One glance at the lineup and you knew who the roiders were.

trackster

Mentor
In other results (so far), Kevin Borlee finished second in the 400 with a respectable 45.37. On the disappointing side, Jordan Boase continued the decline that started last week at the USTAFS. And David Gillick, who has absolutely fallen off a cliff this year, was Disqualified.

In the 110h, Andrew Turner ran a personal best 13.22, but it was only good for fourth.

Lewandowski beat some awfully good runners to finish second in the 800 with a 1:45.01.

trackster

Mentor
Women's 1500 meter--finally a race to celebrate!

A 1-2-3 finish. American Morgan Uceny (looking in magnificent shape and coming off a US championship) blows the field away. Mischenko second. And France's Dehiba third. A perfect sweep, with all the Ethiopians and Kenyans left in the dust (also Caster Semenya in last).

mastermulti

Master
I wouldn't call Sally "little" LOL. She has plenty of muscles and big shoulders (a la Melinda Gainsford)but not quite such definition. More subcutaneous fat I guess.

But her coach said she was in 12.50 form so spot-on. And since excess wind pushes a hurdler into the hurdles a bit too closely (causing the runner to chop back a bit)I was stoked with 12.47

mastermulti

Master
meanwhile Mancini, the young Swiss sprinter looks pretty pedestrian ... I don't expect anything big from him; lots of gym muscles but no top end speed.

albinosprint

Mentor
mastermulti said:
I wouldn't call Sally "little" LOL. She has plenty of muscles and big shoulders (a la Melinda Gainsford)but not quite such definition. More subcutaneous fat I guess.

But her coach said she was in 12.50 form so spot-on. And since excess wind pushes a hurdler into the hurdles a bit too closely (causing the runner to chop back a bit)I was stoked with 12.47

that was a great run by Sally!

trackster

Mentor

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Ivet Lalova ran 10.93 yesterday at the Balkan Championships
It's the fastest time by a European woman sprinter in 6 years.

albinosprint

Mentor

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Lots of good results from the meet in Switzerland, but take them with a big, fat grain of salt.
The meet is at 1000m altitude, plus good winds, which is why there were so many good times there, which won't easily be repeated -
Cerruti 10.22 (10.45 last wk in the Italian championships)\
10.26 DiGregorio
10.29 Pickering

Reto Schenkel 20.51
Richard Kilty 20.53 (21.16 last week)
Arnaldo Abrantes 20.61

albinosprint

Mentor
I hope we see a good time out of Jeremy Wariner today. we really need him back to sub 44 times. I would love to know whats going on with him. does anyone know if he is hurt?

frederic38

Hall of Famer
matteo galvan will do the 200m in daegu
and the relay if he is selected (4*100 or 4*400)
i think he might be close to 20 seconds
maybe he can do the final

trackster

Mentor
Okay, seeing as no one else has posted on it, I suppose I will take up the sad duty of describing how dreadful Wariner looked today. Absolutely awful. He was left way, way, way back with the also-rans, and it wasn't even a fast race. He finished fourth. By all indications, he's done. He doesn't even have the speed to dominate the 800 now--Rudisha would clobber him in a 400--so there's not even any point in him attempting to move up.

The good news out of the race was that Borlee (I forget which one) was one of the runners who annihilated Wariner. I don't think the Borlees will ever be as good as Wariner used to be, but they are awfully good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Borlee ran a 44.75 which puts him in the medal hunt at the World Champs. It's up for grabs and I would never count out Wariner. He has time to get things fixed.

albinosprint

Mentor
I believe that puts him at the top of the list for fastest 400m in the world this year.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Okay, seeing as no one else has posted on it, I suppose I will take up the sad duty of describing how dreadful Wariner looked today. Absolutely awful. He was left way, way, way back with the also-rans, and it wasn't even a fast race. He finished fourth. By all indications, he's done. He doesn't even have the speed to dominate the 800 now--Rudisha would clobber him in a 400--so there's not even any point in him attempting to move up.

The good news out of the race was that Borlee (I forget which one) was one of the runners who annihilated Wariner. I don't think the Borlees will ever be as good as Wariner used to be, but they are awfully good.
I think he is injured or is sick because there is no way that Wariner would lose that much endurance in the final 100 of a 400 meter race. If it was a speed issue he wouldn't be near the lead coming off the bend. I also think Wariner has peaked out but if he could get close to his form in 04' through 07' he would still dominate this event as nobody has stepped up to fill the void at the top of this event.