2011 Mississippi State Bulldogs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Mississippi State has started 2, 2, 3, 5 and 5 Whites since '06. This season expect just 2 Whites to start, the Lawrence brothers from Coldwater. Among the shrinking number of Whites on the roster keep in mind QB Dylan Favre, walk-on WR Sam Williams, Cs Reed Gordon and Dillon Day, RGs Sam Watts, Ben Beckwith and Paul Thompson and LB Ethan McKee.

Between New Miss, State, and Southern, the Big 3 schools in Mississippi have just 10 (possibly 11) Whites starting at 66 full time positions, or 15-16%. You drunk White team fans in the Magnolia state had better wake up and realize that these teams care nothing about you or your kind, unless there is a chance you might throw some money their way. Quit supporting these teams; they have proven time and time again that they aren't "your team."

Offense
RT Addison Lawrence

Defense
SLB Cameron Lawrence

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Can't wait to see another Favre rise through the ranks!
smiley32.gif
<div></div><div>The rest of the roster is sickening.. They can only find 1 white offensive linemen in the state of Mississippi? I find it hard to believe that no white kids are worthy of scholarships! Hopefully some of the guys you mentioned as key backups can get some playing time this year. You know at least 2, if not more affletes will get into trouble before the season actually starts. Not to mention how brittle and out of shape some of these guys actually are when they roll into summer camp. So maybe those "hard working" "overachieving", "blue collar", white players can bring some of their intensity and hustle to the field if they actually are granted some playing time.</div>

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The vast majority of MAIS (private school association in MS) players are White and they are almost completely ignored by the Big 3. All of the college programs in Mississippi ignore them to varying degrees because they are grossly under-represented on every team. Some really talented and athletic players have been totally passed over and/or caste aside during the past 4 decades. I'm sure it is the same way in private leagues in other Southern states.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
You drunk White team fans in the Magnolia state had better wake up and realize that these teams care nothing about you or your kind, unless there is a chance you might throw some money their way. Quit supporting these teams; they have proven time and time again that they aren't "your team."

smiley121.gif
Tell it like it is, Colonel Reb!

The only reason I'll have a keen interest in the Bulldogs is if Favre gets on the field. Found this bit of interesting news the other day. Of course, coach Dan Mullen might be a master at BS, but here is what he said.

Q: Are there ways you can get Dylan Favre on the field this year as a backup quarterback?

A:

Yes. There's so much time until we have to do something that it's going
to be hard to say. He might be our starting quarterback. I know people
look at me funny when I say that, I guess, because you've got a Chris
Relf coming back who has improved so much and had a great year. But
there's (also) Tyler Russell. Chris' development is a lot based on Tyler
Russell and Dylan Favre and their desire to want to play and get on the
field. So if he doesn't stay out front in the lead, he's going to be
passed by these guys.

TwentyTwo

Master
I am still perplexed as to what happened to 6'-6" 265 DE Jonathan McKenzie(a player from MAIS) last year??? As a redshirt freshman started 1st game vs Memphis...and got good playing time in rotation the next few games...then abruptly leave at the end of September??? It was not his grades; he was sporting at 4.0....anybody know what happened to him or why he left??

Cameron Larwence outgrew his safety position...athletic LB!

Maybe Dylan Farve plays like the nextDoug Flutie....Edited by: TwentyTwo

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Quiet Speed, at least Dan Mullen didn't declare the QB competition over like David Cutcliffe did at New Miss two weeks before the 2000 season began. I'm convinced that he lost them at least 2 games that year because of that boneheaded/castean decision. Romaro Miller had been passed up by Eli Manning in skill and poise by the midway point of that season, if not sooner. That was one of the first significant coaching statements that started me on a path away from team fandom, along with a couple by Tuberville in the 90s. The current state of football is so sickening to me I can barely stand to think about it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
TwentyTwo, the only explanations I could find about McKenzie was that he left for personal reasons. One other article said he left the team to focus on academics. I guess those two could be one and the same. Anyway, it is tough to lose White defensive talent like him on any team, but especially on such a dark team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just learned from a good friend that Mullen is talking upwalk-on WR Sam Williams. We'll see if that translates into playing time this season. I saw his profile when doing the write-up and he's listed as an ATH so I figured he'd just be a WSTD. Here's to hoping he's not!

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
From ESPN College football blog

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard this quantified. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen said Wednesday that he uses only 60 percent of his playbook in a given season, “because 60 percent is all that applies to a given team.†The rest, he continued, goes on the shelf. “I don’t need (senior quarterback) Chris Relf to be Alex Smith or Tim Tebow,†Mullen said, referring to the former Utah and Florida quarterbacks that he coached under Urban Meyer. “I need him to be Chris Relf and do the best that he can.â€

**Looks like we got another slow learner at "black quarterback" LOL

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is a pretty revealing statement by Mullen, celtic. I'll have to pass that on.

TwentyTwo

Master
Mississippi State's only white defensive starter LB-Cameron Larwence leads the team in tackles after two games; including 14 vs Auburn.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Mississippi State's only white defensive starter LB-Cameron Larwence leads the team in tackles after two games; including 14 vs Auburn.

He looked good out there last night. One of the only bright spots (literally) on a very, very dark team.

icsept

Master

Truism: If a defense has only one White player, then he is the best player on that defense.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer