2011 Kansas Jayhawks

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
<div>Looks like Turner is well on his way to building his dream team.. Brandon Bourbon looks to be the number three RB on the roster at this point.Former QB Kale Pick is a backup WRso he may see the field in 2011.A bright spot is Huldon Tharp who is an absolute animal and gets tackles in bunches. Kansas will start 7 whites. </div><div></div>Offense Returning Starters: 7

QB 2
Jordan Webb 6-0, 210, So

FB 33 Nick Sizemore
6-2, 246, So

TE
86 Tim Biere 6-4, 260, Sr

LG 69 Trevor
Marrongelli 6-2, 293, Jr<div></div>
RG 67 Duane Zlatnik 6-4, 326,
Jr

RT 72
Tanner Hawkinson 6-6, 293, Jr

Defense Returning Starters: 8

WLB 34 Huldon Tharp 6-0, 217, So
</font>
Edited by: celticdb15

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Disappointing to see how dark the Jayhawks are this year, especially on defense. If you look at their overall roster, they recruit heavily in Texas, but only the "high rated" (by Scout and Rivals) players, who are almost always black. Even the Kansas recruits lean towards mostly black, in spite of the fact that white teams won all except class 6A, and virtually every team in Kansas HS championship games, with that one exception, were all white. I guess white players are only good as part of an overall team, but all suck individually. That also explains why none of the players from Duke's basketball team last year were drafted.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yeah together a bunch of "overachieving" and "surprisingly athletic" white guys can sure accomplish a lot. The only thing we can hope for, is for Kansas to get whooped this year and for the Turner Gill experiment to be over soon.

Riddlewire

Master
Gill is a villain.
Bourbon isn't even the best white runningback on the Jayhawks. That would be walk-on Josh Smith. Smith's highlights are the second best I've ever seen, behind Nile Knapp. He's a faster, stronger version of Auburn RB Michael Dyer. He should have had scholarship offers from all 120 FBS schools and all 124 FCS schools. Instead, he got none. Neither he nor Brandon will ever carry the ball for the Blackhawks.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Look who's second on the depth chart at RB. A freaking true freshman over Bourbon and Smith... you've got to be kidding me.

Make no mistake, Kansas WILL get blown out time and time again by the new-look Big 12. They'll lose to K-State again this year, and will struggle against Baylor and Iowa State.

Even the land walrus Mangino was better than Gill. At least Mangino played Sharp for a year. Looking at the depth chart. I'm not even sure if Gill has a white defensive backup this year.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yeah it might be time for Bourbon and Smith to consider transferring. It is career suicide to stay at Kansas. That being said, it's career suicide to be a white runningback in modern day America. Mcguffie made a smart choice in transferring to Rice, I would love to see these guys find a place where they are wanted!!

Highlander

Mentor
The local Kansas Caste media is a villain too. After their awful season last year, one writer wrote that it may be time for Kansas to go after recruits that may be "character risks" (read: thugs) to help get them back on the winning track. Funny how Mangino was so successful with a very White-friendly team, even beating VT in the BCS Orange Bowl a few years ago, but now they must fill their roster with thugs to help them get to the same point again.

Running backs like Furr and Bourbon have got to wisen-up to the Caste system and make more informed choices. I bet Bourbon wishes he was wearing Stanford red right now.

referendum

Mentor
The Jayhawks are the most depressing team reviewed so far, in terms of a team heading downhill, as far as white starters are concerned. The main reason is the loss of whites on defense, as in years past they were averaging 3 to 6. In 2005 they had 10 white starters, 06 and 07 9, 08 12, 09 11, and 10 in 2010. The 09 number might be a little high as whites were counted as winning starter position battles.

White Power

Mentor
I must say that I am no Turner Gil Fan however theresaon Bourban is not listed on the depth chart is he broke his leg in the spring game, and needed surgery.Article Their is talk that Bourban will push Sims for playing time and may become the #1 back this season so I hope all is not lost.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sad, sad stuff here from Kansas. I agree with Riddlewire about Gill. It will be very interesting to see if Josh or Brandon ever get much playing time.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Look who's second on the depth chart at RB. A freaking true freshman over Bourbon and Smith... you've got to be kidding me.
I didn't see this depth chart that Jack was referring to, but I'm pretty sure that the true freshman back he noted was the hilariously named "Dreamius Smith". Well, Dreamius is too stupid to do well enough on his ACT to even get into KU, so he's off to play JUCO ball!:tongue:

2:35 p.m. CDT, July 28, 2011

{WICHITA, Kan.}—

Former Wichita Heights standout running back Dreamius Smith has committed to play football for the Butler Grizzlies next fall.

Originally Smith was heading to the University of Kansas to play for Turner Gill and the Jayhawks but he did not make the required score on his ACT.

Highlander

Mentor
Jayhawks Pick Up Football Transfer in Former Arkansas Wide Receiver Neal Barlow

The Kansas football team has received word the former Arkansas wide receiver Neal Barlow has decided to bring his talents to Lawrence.

Barlow is a familiar name to diehard Jayhawk football fans though as back in the fall of 2008 Barlow was committed to KU before spurning the Jayhawks for Arkansas and the SEC.

The 6'7" wideout was ranked the 80th wide receiver in his high school class (2009). Rivals.com ranked him a three-star the fourth best high school senior in his state. The Little Rock, Arkansas native chose Arkansas coming out of high school over offers from KU, Missouri, and North Carolina.

After dealing with injuries during his first two years with the Razorbacks, Barlow had given up football and decided this spring to transfer to Arkansas-Little Rock to compete on the basketball team. However his time away from the gridiron made him want to come back, thus he ended up at KU.

An interesting factoid about Barlow is his father was a roommate of Michael Jordan at the University of North Carolina.

http://www2.ljworld.com/photos/2011/jul/30/217959/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also...

Former KU Football Coach Isn't Sure If Aqib Talib Ever Went To Class

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-jayhawks/2011/4/4/2089813/ku-football-aqib-talib

Riddlewire

Master
Bourbon has been slotted for ST duties. Third team ST duties. If he's lucky.

"D.J. (Beshears) as a kick-off returner will be our number one guy with Bradley McDougald back there. We have not really got into kick-off return phases yet with it being only two days in, but I expect to have four really good ones by the time we come out of camp. Brandon Bourbon is another guy I want to take a good hard look at because he is a big guy who can run well and is strong, so we will see. "

Meanwhile, Josh Smith was last seen waxing Gill's car.

http://www.kuathletics.com

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Bourbon is the 2nd RB on Kansas' opening depth chart. Also, Kale Pick is listed as a started at WR, but alas, to make up for this tragedy, Tharp was demoted, giving Gill an all-black defense.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I didn't think we'd see so few Whites on a Jayhawkers team but then again I didn't expect such a caste coach to take over. I was shocked when I looked up DII Delta State today. They only have 2 White starters, an all time low. What a shame!

Highlander

Mentor
I hope they get rolled this year. He isn't hiding his true colors anymore, that's for sure. I've lost my respect for him. I'm glad he didn't end up coaching at Nebraska (yet). Wish Bourbon would've gone to Stanford and it's a good thing Kerry Meier played when he did.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
How can he bench Tharp??? Wow

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
How can he bench Tharp??? Wow

Celtic, what are you thinking posting that? Tharp's obviously not athletic enough for Gill's liking, much like RB Josh Smith you see. When Gill looks at Tharp on the practice field, he noticed something wasn't right with him. You see, Tharp just didn't have the affleticism that his 10 starting teammates have, so Gill had to fix this and brought in this affletic, hip-swiveling talent with a room-brightening smile to take Tharp out of the lineup. :dizzy: Maybe Tharp could help Josh Smith with waxing Gill's car in addition to his mandatory kickoff and punt coverage jobs.

Anyway, benching the best player on your defense isn't going to get the Jayhawks over 2 wins this year anytime soon.

There is good news out of Kansas. Brandon Bourbon has secured the 2nd string rb position but is expected to garner just as many carries as the first stringer. Kale Pick instead of being 2nd string is listed as the starter at wide receiver. Awesome.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great news, Highlander! Maybe Kansas can get back to being a majority White team soon.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Why did Kansas fire Mangino? He was a pretty fair coach IMO. He pretty much built that program.

Adios to Gill...to bad he did not end up at Auburn instead

Riddlewire

Master
It's been a while, so i don't remember the particulars.
There were some incidents involving hostility and violent outbursts by Mangino.
That's what my memory tells me, anyway. I'm pretty sure a Google search would reveal the stated reason.
Personally, I think they were worried he would die on the sidelines. That would be a pretty serious PR problem, from the school's perspective.

Truthteller

Mentor
Why did Kansas fire Mangino? He was a pretty fair coach IMO. He pretty much built that program.

Adios to Gill...to bad he did not end up at Auburn instead

In addition to the weight issues, Mark was 'reportedly' fired because he was too tough on the brothers (verbal abuse). Once he reportedly told a slacker that if he didn't shape up, he'd kick him off the team and he'd be back on the street corner hangin' with his "homies":

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/28676/mark-mangino-breaks-his-lengthy-silence

Remember when Uncle Tom (Charles) Barkley, who hates white men and black woman, slammed Auburn as racist for not hiring Gill? Claimed they didn't hire him because he had a white wife?

I think, in the end, the "white wife" did Gill in. Here's my theory: No one hates race-mixing Uncle Toms more than black woman. All schools face "negative recruiting". I really believe guys like Turner will never get the top 'brothers' to sign because other coaches will tell the recruits (single) mothers that he has a white trophy wife, which will send them into a rage -- I bet black women would rather have their son play for 'whitey', than a prideless Tom....Also, because a guy like Gill wants to believe he's not a self loathing Tom, he probably went out of his way to NOT recruit whites because he wants to 'keep it real'. So who's left if you don't recruit whites or the top brothers? A bunch D1-AA caliber blacks and mulattos?

The next Uncle Tom/race-mixer that will be fired (perhaps not this year) is the slug AA hire at Colorado. He's even more repulsive than Gill. No "Mammy in da Hood" would ever let her son go to Boulder to play for that race-traitor!