2011 Iowa State Cyclones

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for the 2011 team. After having 14 in 05, 12 in 06, 10 in 07, down to just 8 in 08, 9 in 2009, and 11 last year they look to start 10 whites this season.

QB-Steele Jantz
WR-Josh Lenz
TE-Ricky Howard
OL-Bradyden Burris
OL-Kyle Lichtenberg
OL-Tom Farniok

Linebacker-AJ Klein
Linebacker-Jake Knott
DE-Jacob Lattimer
DL-Jack McDonough

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I was thinking about them earlier today, wa33. Thanks for posting about them and relieving me of my curiosity! :)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice avatar!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thanks. Anna Kournikova is pretty hot! Anyways it looks like Iowa State will have one less white starter this year.

Whitepower

Don't forget about Jeff Woody who should at least split carries this year with another small affrolete. Woody I believe if things were fair would be the starter if the coach had a set of kahona'slol.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Only minor alterations have happened to Iowa State's roster during the course of the season, all on offense. Defense remains unchanged. Here are the starting white players:

QB-Steele Jantz
WR-Josh Lenz
TE-Kurt Hammerschmidt
RT-Brayden Burris
C-Tom Farniok
LG-Ethan Tuftee

LOLB-AJ Klein
MLB-Jake Knott
LDE-Jacob Lattimer
DT-Jack McDonough

Lenz is also the starting punt returner and secondary returner on the kickoff team. I'm hoping to see a lot of RB Jeff Woody this weekend, but they only seem to put him in when it is a short-yardage situation as the designated battering ram.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Only minor alterations have happened to Iowa State's roster during the course of the season, all on offense. Defense remains unchanged. Here are the starting white players:

QB-Steele Jantz
WR-Josh Lenz
TE-Kurt Hammerschmidt
RT-Brayden Burris
C-Tom Farniok
LG-Ethan Tuftee

LOLB-AJ Klein
MLB-Jake Knott
LDE-Jacob Lattimer
DT-Jack McDonough

Lenz is also the starting punt returner and secondary returner on the kickoff team. I'm hoping to see a lot of RB Jeff Woody this weekend, but they only seem to put him in when it is a short-yardage situation as the designated battering ram.

Thanks for the update, FootballDad! I look forward to reading your observations about the game and any DWF/DTF behavior you notice, or any Caste related conversations you may have.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It should be a very interesting visit. We are going to this game as "guest recruits" since my son had attended the Nike/Mizzou football camp this last Summer. We get a tour of the practice facilities and meet with Missouri Coach Pinkel and his staff. We get to accompany the Missouri team to the stadium, out to the sidelines before we head to our special seating area. I'll have to keep it down and not cheer too loud if Jeff Woody gets carries for the Cyclones, and if Josh Lenz burns a Mizzou CB (one of whom is a friend of my son) for a long gain.

Of course I'll have T.J. Moe to cheer for on the home team, but he's got a black quarterback throwing to him. :thumbdown: