2011 Indoor Track Meets Live

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If I'm reading this right, the meet starts atapprox. 10.00AM Mountain Standard Time.Sothe meet will start around 12.00 inthe afternoon E.S.T. Hope this helps. TheGermanAthletics site will also have a live link. I can post that link for those that have trouble with the first link. Will let you guys know when it starts.
smiley20.gif
Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is so cool. They are playing music, lights, gymnasts, etc. It really gets the crowd pumped up. Track needs to do more things to bring in the crowds. After people grow to love the sport, they will be hooked for life. Great job Germany! You can see why this is a sell out and one of the best indoor meets in the world.

trackster

Mentor
Andy Turner finished second in an incredibly stacked 60m hurdles field. Of course, he wasn't even close to the massively, massively roided David Oliver.

In the 60 m prelims, it's hard to say if Christophe was holding back. He finished an unimpressive third at 6.67, but he's got the finals in a few minutes, so maybe he was conserving energy. Interestingly, he had one of the best reaction times in the race. Unfortunately, his start didn't look much better and his patented kick wasn't there. We'll know in a few minutes where he really is.

DiGregorio won that heat, by the way. And Pickering made it through to the finals as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Pickering and Lemaitre didn't look good at all. I'm glad it's early in the season. Povh of the Ukraine won the womens 60 final in a time of 7.14! She is so dominant and her teammate finished 3rd. The Ukraine Women on on fire! A team to watch for sure outdoors. I was really impressed by Carolyn Nytra. She won the 60 hurdles finals in a world lead time of 7.92! Lolo Jones was back in 3rd place. Nytra is word class and can hurdle with anyone in the world.

trackster

Mentor
Ugh. Not a good start to the season. LeMaitre blown out, fell further behind with every step. Barely managed not to finish last. He had nothing. Initial impression: those of who hoped that he would develop some strength over the offseason will be disappointed.

On the glass half-full side, it is entirely possible that LeMaitre's absurd travel schedule, hopping from Japan to Miami to Germany, across countless time zones, simply left him dull. We'll find out next race.

trackster

Mentor
The official results are posted. LeMaitre had the best response time of anyone in the finals. Unfortunately, he was the slowest runner by far. Didn't look like him at all. The time was 6.67 for him in both heats. Pickering 6.66, but he caught LeMaitre from behind (like everyone else). DiGregorio also 6.66, but with the slowest reaction time of the three.

trackster

Mentor
White Lightning, is there any way to watch the New Balance Boston event tonight? The replay will be on ESPN tomorrow, but I'd love to see Webb and Verzbicas live.

Meanwhile, let's hope for an exciting 800m at Sparkassen.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" =#184578>
<T>
<TR =#c6cbde>
<TD =fliesstextblau height=20 width=40 align=middle>Rang</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau width=300 align=left>Athlet</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau width=60 align=middle>Nat</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau width=100 align=right>Ergebnis</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau width=80 align=middle>Reaktionszeit</TD></TR>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau height=20 align=middle>1</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=left>POVH,Olesya</TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau vAlign=center align=middle>UKR</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=middle></TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=right>7.14</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=middle>0.155</TD>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau height=20 align=middle>2</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=left>SOUMARÉ,Myriam</TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau vAlign=center align=middle>FRA</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=right>7.23</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=middle>0.161</TD>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau height=20 align=middle>3</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=left>RYEMYEN,Mariya</TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau vAlign=center align=middle>UKR</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=right>7.27</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=middle>0.223</TD>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau height=20 align=middle>4</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=left>LEVORATO,Manuela</TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau vAlign=center align=middle>ITA</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=right>7.34</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=middle>0.172</TD>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau height=20 align=middle>5</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=left>FEDORIVA,Aleksandra</TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau vAlign=center align=middle>RUS</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#e4e4ef>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=right>7.36</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=middle>0.210</TD>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau height=20 align=middle>6</TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=left>TSCHIRCH,Cathleen</TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau vAlign=center align=middle>GER</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE width="100%">
<T>
<TR =#ffffff>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=right>7.53</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD =fliesstextblau align=middle>0.161</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

trackster

Mentor
Sebastian Ernst looking gooood in the 200! 20.75. An outstanding early season time.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah he looked great. He has always been a good 200 sprinter. I wonder why they never had him run any 400 races? He might have been good at that distance as well.

I'm still so impressed by Olesya Povh and Mariya Ryemyen of the Ukraine. Ryemyen was dead last out of the blocks and still almost ran down silver medalist Myriam Soumare of France. That is some explosive speed to do that in a 60 meters race! I want to see these women continue to progress along with a few of the Russian Women. Now if only the Ukrainian and Russian Men would step up their level in the sprints!

As for Lemaitre. He did look jet lagged and tired. There is no way he runs that slow again. Pickering actually took a mini step forward running in the mid 6.60's twice today. Remember that he is trying to totally change up things. It is a project in the works and far from being done. It's too bad Cerutti took the indoor season off.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Russian Winter Challenge is on live right now. It's been on for a while for anyone that is interested.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what's going on in the Russian Winter Challenge, white lightning? anything exciting?

waterbed

Mentor
trackster said:
Ugh.   Not a good start to the season.  LeMaitre blown out, fell further behind with every step.  Barely managed not to finish last.  He had nothing.  Initial impression: those of who hoped that he would develop some strength over the offseason will be disappointed.On the glass half-full side, it is entirely possible that LeMaitre's absurd travel schedule, hopping from Japan to Miami to Germany, across countless time zones, simply left him dull.  We'll find out next race.

he willnever be a big guy(build) I think playing soccer improves you more then lifting weights, I know i sound crazy but I will try to say in english why I think it.In soccer during a match of 1.5 hours you I think a little over 100! short sprints.On note: I think average soccer runs like 12.5 with great majority in the 11-14 seconds range seconds 100 meter with only like 20 miles an hour topspeed.there are a lot of articles sayinf players running 10.2 and stuff but that is not true believe me.Also the the fast players of a german team that beated Chrsitian blume over like 30 meters could probably not crack 11.5 or so.
But I think average soccer pro can run 1.7 first 10 meters which is around the same as elite sprinters first 10 meters and the test I have seen the faststest soccer players run in the 1.5x range first(1.53? fastest have to search again)) 10 meters when the fastest 0.10 meters of elite spinter was 1.69( without reaction time) I believe.that is around 0.16 seconds difference.This is also why cristian blume did lose when he is a 10.2 100 meters against fast soccer players that mostly run 11.5 when they are fast.there would be more prove for this if there would be more short sprint matches between spinters and soccer players.

Being faster in the first 10 meters gives alos extra fast times in 20-30 meters till the end of the acceration pace like 60 meters.So I would think imporves your 100 or 600 meters by 0.16 plus a bit more so like 0.20.If a spinrter plays soccer he could tell opponents to not tackle( so play training matches ) so then you have less injury probelems then with lifting weights.I just think you have more chance with improving speed with playing soccer then with lifting weights, at least it could be a good alternative to change all your hours from lifting weights to soccer when the spinrter has the feeling he doesn't improve with lifting weights.I could never find with observing see a correlation with bodybuild and being fast, and for whites I think even that it earlier a correation with being a bit more skinny becuase whites are more likely to have thick calves( compared to blacks) but thin whites of course are more likely to have thin calves. I saw a bit correlation between being fast and thin calves.Of course not always because there are more tools for being fast with the most important of course having fast muscles.Average spinter has like 23 or so bmi and is lean.average black( west africa) or white has on average like 22 BMI( chinese 19.8 east africans 19 etc) when they are lean( in their 20thys) and majoirty doesn't training their muscles, taking in the spinters do a bit strength training they would be around 22 bmi lean build too.Spinters look big ( because they are black and fat within muscles) but they arent they are like 170-175 lbs at like 6 feet average( top 100) at 6 feet if the average has gained 5-10 lbs msucles then they aren't above average build so I don't see a correlation between between build and being fast.The reasen men are faster on average then women which is only like 10% and is much less then in strength events( were msucles really count along with fast muscles) is mostly( if not all) because men hip bones are more efficient for running.

I have also seen american football 10 yards stats and in american football you do a lot of short spints too and I have seen the fastest 10 yard was 1.43. I know yards is not meters but I still know 1.43 10 yards is faster then 1.69 10 meters.

Just saying that playing sport like soccer or so wouldn't hurt your acceration espacially if you have a bad one.

albinosprint

Mentor
I'm surprised they are running him again with such little rest, and a double no less.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Lieven Meet will start at 11.00 AM Mountain Standard Time or 1.00 Eastern Standard Time.