2011 Illinois Fighting Illini

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Illinois has been a sad example of the caste system the last few seasons. The state has a huge number of talented and athletically gifted White players at all positions within its borders, but Zook signs very few of them and plays few of those he does sign. Although his record at the U of I is a blistering 28 wins against 45 losses (16-32 in the Big Ten), Zook keeps recruiting more ghetto blacks and regularly gets praise for having great recruiting classes (from the anti-white media), and gets to keep his job as a result. Only in Caste System Amerika! Since '05, there have been 10, 11, 8, 5, 4 and 4 White Illini starters. I'm projecting a rather startling 6 or 7 White starters in 2011. Some White backups to keep an eye on include QB Reilly O'Toole, TE/FB Zach Becker, FB Chris Willett and DTs Jake Howe and Austin Teitsma.

Offense
FB Jay Prosch
WR Spencer Harris-in a fight for the position
LG Tyler Sands
C Graham Pocic
RT Jack Cornell

Defense
WLB Houston Bates
FS Steve Hull

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Zook already moved talented WR Steve Hull to FS

referendum

Mentor
I'm somewhat optimistic that we may have seen the worst of the Illini with four starters. The 2011 class was by no means great for white players, but there were some, including a WR , and 2012 is off to a decent start, with another white WR commit, and a two other white players committing already. Of course, it would be great if Zook was out of there, but perhaps his dream of a Miami Hurricane north implant in the Big 10 has been deferred.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope you are right, referendum. I think I remember someone posting about Zook's recruiting class not being as bad as usual. Illinois really does have a ton of White talent, but much of it is overlooked by the big schools, much as in many other states.

Highlander

Mentor
Zook suspends "good person" starting LB, Jonathan Brown, for one game for his thuggish actions on Saturday:

"He's a good person,'' Zook said of Brown, who's tied for second in Illini tackles and sixth in the Big Ten in tackles for loss, "but he got caught up in the moment, made a serious mistake and must deal with the consequences."

Brown apologized to his family, teammates, Illinois fans and NU, saying "What I did was out of character and won't happen again."

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiggghhht :thumbdown:

TwentyTwo

Master
Houston Bates from Louisiana originally committed to LSU; but then changed his mind picking the Illlini...good to see him making such an early impact!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Highlander

Mentor
Good news, although the consensus amongst the DWF's was that he could recruit well but just wasn't a good coach. :icon_rolleyes:

Riddlewire

Master
If they still owe Zook a lot of money, they will most likely promote his offensive coordinator to head coach rather than seek out a big name (expensive) hire. The state of Illinois is bankrupt. Not a good time to spend money on something as stupid as a football coach.
Unfortunately, that means it would be Paul Petrino (Bobby's brother). Illinois's racial balance would likely get worse.