2011 European Indoor Track & Field Championships

white lightning

Hall of Famer
C.Nytra won the womens 60 meters hurdles in one of the best races of the first day. Vukecivic came took home the bronze.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was very impressed by Lemaitre running a casual 6.59 for the fastest time in the first round. I was also impressed by Pascal Mancini who ran a new personal best of 6.61! He reminds me a little bit of Shirvo with his build. Kind of like a bull or rhino. Haha. I hope this gives Pascal the confidence to run with the swagger he has when he walks around. This kid has serious talent. It's just a question of if he can put it together on the track and become more consistant. Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lemaitre is through to the finals running a 6.55 in the semi finals. He is looking good!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm suprised that no one here has commented on some of the amazing performances so far. S.Bayer won the long jump to defend his title. Ukhov jumped 2.38m in the high jump for a world lead. Levillenie won the pole vault going for a championship record of 6.03! The womens 400 was a blast to watch. The womens 60 meters is going to be a show down. The Ukrainian Womens Team have 3 of the 8 girls in the final. Remember that they are defending 4 x 100 Relay Champions from last summer at the European Outdoor Championships. I think Povh will win but if she loses, it will probably be to a teammate. Amazing speed on that team. Just wanted to name a few and there are many more. It's been a great two days and we have one to go.Edited by: white lightning

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm just now reading this thread, white lightning, and thanks for posting all the info! I'm thrilled to see that LeMaitre is doing well, along with the many other fast White men and women. This is going to be an interesting track season.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i want to mention something i've not seen talked about in a while on the boards... the 400 women for Russia. i mean, wow! their 4x400 relay was PHENOMENAL! and they used an entirely different quartet than the dominant team from last year. it seems the Russians grow female 400 sprinters on trees or something. simply awesome! as was the performance by Britain's Lee McConnell on their final leg of the 400. she has more guts than most men, i daresay. a BIG ht tip to her, as well.

i must add that the 60-meter women's final was missing something without Laura Turner in the blocks.

mastermulti

Master
I just noticed DiGregorio pulled a hamstring a few metres from the end of that 60m final.
Let's hope he recovers for the outdoor season