LT John Wetzel
LG Nathan Richman
C Mark Spinney
RG Ian White in competition with Harris Williams
RT Emmet Cleary

Defense
LB Steele Divitto
MLB Luke Kuechly

Other players of note on two deep depth chart: FS Sean Sylvia, MLB Jake Sinkovec, DE Jaryd Rudolph, DT Dillon Quinn, WR Bobby Swigert (teams leading WR...not sure why he isnt listed as a starter)

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The sources I've looked at have Swigert and DT Dillon Quinn as starters too. In addition to Swigert, Phil Steele also has Alex Amidon starting at WR. Also, I can't remember where I saw it, but I think when they use a FB, he'll be white, but I can't remember his name.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am just going off the athlon and lindy's 2011 preview mags. All help is appreciated.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I believe BC will have at least a half White starting team this season. At least that's where I'm going to put them for now.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
The sources I've looked at have Swigert and DT Dillon Quinn as starters too. In addition to Swigert, Phil Steele also has Alex Amidon starting at WR. Also, I can't remember where I saw it, but I think when they use a FB, he'll be white, but I can't remember his name.

Lars Anderson?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yes!! Thanks a lot Deadlift!! That's who I was thinking of.

Here's the other white starters I got in addition to Leonardfan's.

FB- Lars Anderson
WR- Alex Amidon (maybe)
WR- Bobby Swigert

Defense
DT- Dillon Quinn

Highlander

Mentor
Jack Lambert said:
Here's the other white starters I got in addition to Leonardfan's.

FB- Lars Anderson

WR- Alex Amidon (maybe)

WR- Bobby Swigert

Defense

DT- Dillon Quinn
I hope you are right. This is disappointing for a BC team. At least their recent recruiting class was fairly White-friendly.

TwentyTwo

Master
Teams like Boston College & Colorado State have dropped off on defense..these are teams usually to depend on from a caste perspective...guess they have beenwatching the SEC and feel pressure to play copy cat??

Makes me appreciate Northwestern with 6 starters on defense...they will be in another bowlgame tooth-n-nail vs SEC....just likemost dwf's wondered in amazment like they did a couple years ago vs Auburn.

How many white rugby players out there should be playing college football?? There have seen some fast/quick guys the few times I had the chance to watch...Edited by: TwentyTwo

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Indeed TwentyTwo, there was a collegiate Rugby Sevens tournament on the other day and they constantly mention how many of those athletic player (all of whom I should note are white) were former skill position players in college football who transferred over to Rugby. It's a shame white players are being pressured into moving into more white-friendly sports.

Highlander

Mentor
BC Down to Two WR...

With the release of the 2011 Boston College Football roster, we immediately had questions about the absence of WRs Shakim Phillips and Clyde Lee. Today the AD's official Twitter account and the Globe confirmed that both Phillips and Lee are no longer in school.

Spaz confirmed that Lee has academic issues while Shakim Phiilips will transfer.

The losses of Lee and Phillips leave a young Eagles receiving corps a bit shorthanded. While neither Phillips or Lee saw significant playing time last season, this will cause some depth issues. Lee had 17 receptions for 185 yards and a TD in his sophomore season, and 21 and 225 in two seasons. Phillips finishes with just 1 reception for 9 yards.

Ifeanyi Momah and Bobby Swigert are projected to be the starting WRs, depending on how Colin Larmond Jr. is able to recover from his knee injury. Behind Swigert, Momah and Larmond Jr., receivers Alex Amidon, Johnathan Coleman, Donte Elliott and newcomer and all-name team nominee Spiffy Evans figure to play a prominent role in the receiving corps.

It looks like junior Hampton Hughes is also now listed as both a wide out and a defensive back, which will help Rettig and Rogers with depth at WR.

I suppose it also helps that Spaziani has already recruited two wide receivers for the Class of 2012 in Joel Zoungrana and Harrison Jackson.

Irn Bru

Despite attending every home game last season, I don't have much to add other than the starting WRs should be Swigert and Larmond (he was out all last season).

I do think we'll make some noise this year if we can get any sort of offensive production from Rettig and Harris. Don't forget, we had the top rushing defense in the country last year and were top 10 in total defense. Losing Herzlich is an emotional loss, but I honestly believe Luke Kuechly will be the best defensive player in all of college football next year. His tackle numbers as a sophomore were insane!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Well, here's BC's depth chart against Northwestern Saturday. They don't list him, but I'm guessing Lars Anderson will be the human battering ram. Also, watch out for Connor Wujciak to hopefully displace the "German" that's currently starting over him. Watch for WR Alex Amidon, DT Conor O'Neal, DE Connor Wujciak, SLB Nick Clancy, MLB Jake Sinkovec, FS Sean Sylvia, and BC James McCaffery. So 13 white starters with a ton of white backups.

Offense
QB- Chase Rettig
FB- Lars Anderson
WR- Bobby Swigert
TE- Chris Pantale
LT- John Wetzel
LG- Mark Spinney
C- Andy Galik
RG- Ian White
RT- Emmett Cleary

Defense
DT- Dillon Quinn
SLB- Steele Divitto
MLB- Luke Kuechly
FS- Hampton Hughes

Last edited:

Irn Bru

Well, here's BC's depth chart against Northwestern Saturday. They don't list him, but I'm guessing Lars Anderson will be the human battering ram. Also, watch out for Connor Wujciak to hopefully displace the "German" that's currently starting over him. Watch for WR Alex Amidon, DT Conor O'Neal, DE Connor Wujciak, SLB Nick Clancy, MLB Jake Sinkovec, FS Sean Sylvia, and BC James McCaffery. So 12 white starters with a ton of white backups.

Offense
QB- Chase Rettig
FB- Lars Anderson
WR- Bobby Swigert
TE- Chris Pantale
LT- John Wetzel
LG- Mark Spinney
C- Andy Galik
RG- Ian White
RT- Emmett Cleary

Defense
DT- Dillon Quinn
SLB- Steele Divitto
MLB- Luke Kuechly

Make that 13. Hampton Hughes will be starting at free safety.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I knew BC would end up with way more than 9 or 10 Whites starting. Great news!