2011 Boise State Broncos

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are your projected starting white Broncos for this year. After having around a half white team the last few years, Boise State looks like they're going to seriously increase their white starters again this year, with potentially 15 starting white players for Boise in their inuagural Mountain West season. QB Kellen Moore is easily the best player on the Broncos, a Heisman Candidate and hopefully an NFL draft choice. WR Tyler Shoemaker looks to be Boise's No. 1 guy this year with Young on Pettis moving on to the NFL. Shoemaker is pretty fast, averaging around 19 yards per catch last year as the No. 3 guy. Moore will have stud left tackle Nate Potter protecting his blindside this year.

On defense, they will absorb the loss of the do everything DE Ryan Winterswyk. RE Shea McCllelin returns after a great year last year in which he had 9.5 sacks. He should be a leader on the defense, and he is very athletic. Boise looks to have a snow patrol at LB this year with JC Percey, Aaron Tevis, and Byron Hout locking down the three LB spots. Former WSTD Travis Stanaway will finally get his shot to start at free safety this year for the Broncos. Stanaway better play very well from the get go, or the only action he'll be seeing is running down opposing team's kick returners again. Senior Hunter White looks to take over the Nickelback position this year, and he might even play some OLB too if he needs to.

The Broncos are definatly a team to cheer for this year, and should be the favorites to get to back to the BCS this year.

Offense
QB- Kellen Moore
FB- Dan Paul
WR- Matt Miller
WR- Tyler Shoemaker
WR- Mitch Burroughs
TE- Kyle Efaw
LT- Nate Potter
LG- Joe Kellog
RG- Jake Broyles

Defense
RT- Chase Baker
RE- Shea McClellin
SLB- J.C. Percey
MLB- Byron Hout
WLB- Aaron Tevis
Nickelback- Hunter WhiteEdited by: Jack Lambert

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
They started 11 whites the past two seasons so a very nice improvement of 5! Also I believe Mitch Burroughs, 4.47 speed, should see significant playing time. It's worth noting that McClellin and Hout have legit shots at being drafted.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It is about time that we see some improvement at Boise State. I hope they return to their White roots for good.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Since '05, Boise State has started 16, 14, 13, 12, 11 and 11 Whites.

ALBINO RHINO

starting vegas spreads came out this week, Boise -3 @ UGA, thats strong considering the cross country travel to Atlanta. Would you lay the points???

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Find out why one NFLdraftscout.com draft follower believes Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore is a very marginal pro prospect.

Interesting.. Id rather have a guy like Moore under center in the NFL compared to an erratic scrambler who can't read a defense. Take your pick of any of the rookie black quarterbacks that are forced upon us each year..

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Well, Rivals has an updated Boise State depth chart out from today, which I'm guessing is their depth chart for the Georgia game.

Stanaway lost his safety position, but should still play a fair amount. Dohmen I wasn't expecting to start either. It looks like RS Freshman Matt Miller has won the other WR position opposite Shoemaker, with Mitch Burroughs starting in the slot. WRs Kirby Moore and Chris Potter should still both play a lot. Still, a respectable 15 white starters for Boise.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know it is just one White starter lost and I know it could change, but I don't like this news at all. I've always considered a "really White team" to have at least 16 Whites starting. This news means we don't even have one of those teams in the FBS this year. Sad.

I know very little of Matt Miller but its been proven that wr's like Kirby Moore, Potter and Mitch Burroughs are going to be dynamite playmakers and should change a few of the DWF's perceptions about white athletes. I still think Dallas Burroughs with that 10.3 100 meter speed is going to figure on end arounds and eventually returning kicks.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Chad Cripe of The Idaho Statesman breaks down Boise State's Top Prospects; reports prolific Tyler Shoemaker runs a 4.40 and possesses a 38" vertical leap.