2010 White Running Backs

snow

Mentor
Zach Line finished today against Tulane with a career high 153 yards on 18 carries, 8.5 ypc also 2 rushing touchdowns.

I hope Sam McGuffie can have a similar day when he faces Tulane on November 13th.

snow

Mentor
Even better! I guess the box score didn't update right after the game.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Zach Line gets better every week. It's just frustrating that alot of these talented white running backs are stuck on average or below average teams. SMU is only 5-4 now. Then you have McGuffie on a terrible Rice team and even Dierking. Purdue got killed again today but Dierking ran the ball 10 times for 50 yards before they went to passing to try and come back. It's just a shame that more of our guys don't have the talent around them. I really wish Brandon Wegher would have played this year. Let's hope he is back with a vengence next fall.Edited by: white lightning

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Derek Lawson is on ESPN tonight if anyone was wondering. He is a solid RB for Arkansas St.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White FBS RBs in the top 100 in rushing yardage

<table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="evenrow p-23-380301" align="right"><td align="left">12</td><td align="left">Zach Line, RB</td><td align="left">SMU</span></td><td>138</td><td ="sortcell">918</td><td>6.7</td><td>36</td><td>7</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="oddrow p-23-481547" align="right"><td align="left">15</td><td align="left">Taylor Martinez, QB</td><td align="left">NEB</span></td><td>112</td><td ="sortcell">886</td><td>7.9</td><td>80</td><td>12</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="oddrow p-23-483272" align="right"><td align="left">45</td><td align="left">Jared Hassin, FB</td><td align="left">ARMY</span></td><td>110</td><td ="sortcell">669</td><td>6.1</td><td>54</td><td>8</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="evenrow p-23-240638" align="right"><td align="left">58</td><td align="left">JJ Di Luigi, RB</td><td align="left">BYU</span></td><td>112</td><td ="sortcell">601</td><td>5.4</td><td>53</td><td>5</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="evenrow p-23-237674" align="right"><td align="left">70</td><td align="left">Chandler Harnish, QB</td><td align="left">NIU</span></td><td>95</td><td ="sortcell">559</td><td>5.9</td><td>47</td><td>4</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="oddrow p-23-378780" align="right"><td align="left">77</td><td align="left">Jared Tew, RB</td><td align="left">AFA</span></td><td>110</td><td ="sortcell">540</td><td>4.9</td><td>42</td><td>3</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="evenrow p-23-482077" align="right"><td align="left">82</td><td align="left">Alex Gillett, QB</td><td align="left">EMU</span></td><td>127</td><td ="sortcell">512</td><td>4.0</td><td>31</td><td>4</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="oddrow p-23-483302" align="right"><td align="left">85</td><td align="left">Trent Steelman, QB</td><td align="left">ARMY</span></td><td>130</td><td ="sortcell">499</td><td>3.8</td><td>22</td><td>9</td></tr></t></table><table ="table" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="evenrow p-23-481194" align="right"><td align="left">94</td><td align="left">Alexander Teich, FB</td><td align="left">NAVY</span></td><td>88</td><td ="sortcell">482</td><td>5.5</td><td>54</td><td>2</td></tr></t></table>

TwentyTwo

Master
Derek Lawson having a nice game tonight! 13 carries...92 yards..including a17 yard TD run...his longest gain was 25 yards...also has 2 rec for 21 yards...now nearing mid-way 4th qtr..

Good way to start out the week!

Thanks for the stats Colonel Reb!Edited by: TwentyTwo

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Not bad for a bunch of guys with "sneaky speed"
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, not bad at all. I like posting stats! The strange thing is, this year ESPN isn't keeping stats for any of the FCS categories except for sacks, interceptions and interception yards. Are they doing this because Whites are at or near the top every year and very well represented in the offensive categories for rushing and receiving? Makes me wonder.
smiley68.gif

Riddlewire

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Yep, not bad at all. I like posting stats! The strange thing is, this year ESPN isn't keeping stats for any of the FCS categories except for sacks, interceptions and interception yards. Are they doing this because Whites are at or near the top every year and very well represented in the offensive categories for rushing and receiving? Makes me wonder. 
smiley68.gif

Stats

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Arkansas State junior tailback Derek Lawson personifies the Caste System on so many levels. not only was he shunned by every single Division I football program except Arkansas State after SHATTERING Arkansas' state high school single-season rushing record, he is being completely jerked around by his collegiate team after dominating as both a freshman and sophomore.

check out this info from his ASU bio:
2009: Played in all 12 games, including one (at Florida Atlantic) as a starter . . . Rushed 56 times for 254 yards and two touchdowns . . . Averaged 4.4 yards per rush, the highest average on the team among all players with at least 50 rushing attempts ...

2008: Lawson impressed his freshman season, rushing for 695 yards with a 7.2 average per carry . . . His 7.4 yards per rush was the fifth highest in the nation among all running backs ranked in the top-100 for rushing yards . . . Ranked No. 9 in the Sun Belt Conference in rushing yards (57.9 ypg), led all SBC freshmen in rushing and ranked No. 10 in the nation in rushing among all freshmen . . .

his reward for those two stellar seasons? this year, he's not only forced to be one of a trio of running backs who share tailback duties, he's alsohad fewerrushing attemptsthan a much less productive quarterback ... you can't make this stuff up!

but in spite of the caste system yo-yo, Lawson is still performing well when getting opportunities.

in last night's game, despite getting just 15 carries, Derek became the first ASU player this season to rush for over 100 yards, gaining 104 yards and a touchdown while still splitting tailback reps. he also added 21 yards on 2 catches. his 104 yards is the most by any ASU player this season. but according to the patternthathas emerged,he'll likely still not get the nod as the featured back for the Red Wolves.

isn't it "weird" how pale skin erases talent and opportunity?
smiley2.gif

KSRCDCHTTHQQVVS.20091122181127.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Colonel_Reb said:
smiley68.gif

Stats

Thanks for the link Riddlewire, even though I already know about that site. I guess nobody but me thinks there is some anti-whiteness at work in this ESPN situation. I mean, they've kept FCS stats since before I started looking them up to post them here. Seems like there should be more (not less) coverage of stats these days, especially with tons of fans wanting to know all the info they can find. Seems kind of odd for "the worldwide leader in sports."

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
is there a worse offensive line in college football than the unit Rutgers plays with? damn, they suck something fierce.

i don't recall a singlerushing attempt whenJoe Martinek wasn't hit in the backfield. not one! and their quarterback will be lucky to finish the season capable of walking off the field on two legs. he's taking a beating.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
What happened to QB Tom Savage with Rutgurs, I saw some guy named Dodd in there at QB, in addition to several others in the "Wild Knight." Did Savage get hurt? With Rutgers' piss poor line, I wouldn't doubt it.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
What happened to QB Tom Savage with Rutgurs, I saw some guy named Dodd in there at QB, in addition to several others in the "Wild Knight." Did Savage get hurt? With Rutgers' piss poor line, I wouldn't doubt it.

yes, he did. he missed several games, in fact.

he is healthy now, but the (White) guy you saw running for his life (and the black quarterback "Wild Knights" running like chickens with their heads cut off) supposedly "beat him outfor the job," whilst he was injured. at least, that was the reported story according to tonight's talking heads.

how one can "beat outfor thejob" someone who is unable to compete did not get explained ...
smiley2.gif
but, that is par for the course, of course. else, the Caste System could not be maintained.

Riddlewire

Master
Related to what Colonel Reb mentioned, here is a good example.
We've known for a long time that ESPN TV hid the accomplishments of white players by leaving their stat lines off the highlight reels. But I've never seen the website do that.
Well, they do now.

This was captured just a few minutes ago, on their NCAA scoreboard page.

Notice anything 'funny'?
Derek Lawson led that game in rushing. Not Jermaine Robertson.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
great spot, Riddlewire.

the stuff never stops, does it?
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire, that is an awesome find! I'm posting that screen grab on the CF facebook group right now.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The way that whites athletes are treated just makes me sick to my stomach. The really sad thing is that sports is just the tip of the iceburg. We all know how bad it is getting. Whites like minorities need to stick together. It is our only chance for survival in the future.

newguy

Guru
I know Dereck has not gotten the special black running back treatment, and I am rooting for him as hard as everyone else on the board.

However, to be completly fair if you follow his stats game by game he has been a little bit inconsistent this year, and that is part of the reason why he hasn't cemented his position as an unchallenged starter. Part of it may be that Arkansas State has a bad offensive line this year. Hopefully, this will be the first of many 100 yrd games for him to come.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
newguy said:
I know Dereck has not gotten the special black running back treatment, and I am rooting for him as hard as everyone else on the board.

However, to be completly fair if you follow his stats game by game he has been a little bit inconsistent this year, and that is part of the reason why he hasn't cemented his position as an unchallenged starter. Part of it may be that Arkansas State has a bad offensive line this year. Hopefully, this will be the first of many 100 yrd games for him to come.

Maybe if the coach would give him an oppurtunity to be a feature back to see how he does instead of putting him in a timeshare with two other RBs may be part of the reason too.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Alexander Teich 11 for 141 and a TD and Rex Burkhead 10 for 80 are off to some amazing starts in their games!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This shows how good McGuffie can be playing for a bad team. I disagree with the poster(can't remember who it was) that said McGuffie will be a Reggie Bush type of player. He can be an excellent scat back in the NFL.;