2010 Week 9

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Interesting stuff, sport historian. I think Riddlewire was looking for the last game in which the opposing team's White RBs each had 100 yards or more.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hillis is up to 184 yards on 29 carries! With a couple more carries, he might hit 200!!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The NFL's worst nightmare has come to pass....a white man is officially the best running back on planet earth.

This is a wonderful moment.

Riddlewire

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Interesting stuff, sport historian. I think Riddlewire was looking for the last game in which the opposing team's White RBs each had 100 yards or more. 
Yeah.
And no, I don't have the answer.

At the time I asked the question, Woodhead had 54 yards and it looked like the Pats would get two more possessions.
Edited by: Riddlewire

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree Don. This day is right up there close with what Lemaitre did. I too my friend have waited decades for this. I'm so happy for Hillis. The crazy thing is that there are so many others that could have been stars at running back but were always held down and kept from playing the position. What a great day. This guy just might lead the nfl in rushing next year if he can stay healthy and the Browns continue to imporve their passing game. Nice game by McCoy too.

Peyton Hillis is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. Let's not forget Danny Woodhead. He had 9 runs for 54 yards. That is 6 yards per rush and that is not including his receiving numbers. In comparsoin, Green Ellis had 9 runs for 14 yards. Feed Danny the ball more and this might have been alot closer game. Way to go Danny!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
I consider a white RB gaining 200 yards in a game important.

No doubt it is, sport! I'd like to have seen Danny hit 100 yards as well, and/or Peyton hit 200! I don't think 200 is out of the question for Hillis in the future!
smiley32.gif

Hillis is the man!

Riddlewire

Master
Great game for Peyton, but I wouldn't count on him leading the league in rushing this week.

If you guys will remember a couple of weeks ago, I pointed out a case where the coaches conspired with the network (ESPN) to alter the outcome of the game. Quite illegally, I might add, since this constituted point-shaving. No investigations were done, no penalties enacted.
So I'm quite certain that the NFL braintrust is in contact with coaches as we speak trying to set up an agreement between two teams to allow some runningblack to reach 200 yards without damaging the expected outcome of the game.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
At the end of this Carolina game, the two talking-heads (one White and one black) agreed that "Robert Griffin and Cam Newton are the most exciting players in college football."
smiley29.gif
Edited by: Deadlift

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Peyton with 184 yards & 2 TDs on 29 carries! WPWW!!!
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif

Hats off to Danny leading the Pats with 54 yards rushing.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Watching Peyton Hillis just dominate today brought back memories of Gerhart running for Stanford last year. Now if only the Vikings would let him run the ball more than a few times a game. Maybe Touchdown Toby can start to make his mark as well.

Hillis was incredible today. I would love to see Josh McDaniels have to keep eating crow for trading this stud away. What a joke of a coach he is. Even the fans could see the talent Hillis had yet the coach had a vendetta against him. He is regretting that decision now. I love it!!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Freeman threw his second pick... Atlanta better kick them down or I'll be upset.

Right the f**k ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Rivers was a PHENOM as San Diego wins at Houston.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
All Hail Hillis!!!
smiley32.gif
What a phenemonal performance! He racked up 31 fantasy points in my ESPN league, maybe some DWFS will notice??

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Deadlift said:
Also, Rivers was a PHENOM as San Diego wins at Houston.

Rivers is simply brilliant. His whole receiving corps, including TE Gates, is down with injury and he keeps putting up huge numbers. He's right up there with Peyton Manning now as the two best QBs in the league.

stik

I know how announcers get a bad rap here, but in the bears bills game Tim Ryan kept harping on how good a dt Kyle Williams is. He highlighted about 4 replays saying how Williams broke up the plays, it was refreshing to see.

Riddlewire said:
Trivia question:

When was the last NFL game in which both teams had a white runningback go over 100 yards?

Go to pro football reference. Pick out some names who might apply.

As far as both teams having a RB go over 100 yards in a game, it is somewhat rare. When a RB goes over 100, it usually means his team is winning and the other team has to pass to catch up.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Because of the different offenses that are played now two backs breaking 100 yards in the same game isn't nearly as rare as it was in the 70's and earlier. Maybe Podolak and Csonka did it in the classic overtime game in 71'.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to give credit to the toughest qb to ever play the game. Brett Favre thew for 446 yards and two touchdowns today to lead the Vikings to a much needed win. How many guys would play through even half the injuries he has? Say what you want about Favre but you can never question his toughness or heart. He is as competetive as they come. I was very happy to see them pull out the win to keep the Vikings Playoff chances alive.

white is right said:
Because of the different offenses that are played now two backs breaking 100 yards in the same game isn't nearly as rare as it was in the 70's and earlier. Maybe Podolak and Csonka did it in the classic overtime game in 71'.

Neither Podolak (85) or Csonka (86) had 100 yards rushing in that game. Podolak had 110 receiving and 154 on kickoff returns.

You can find statistics like this in a few minutes at pro football reference.

qj

Guru
white lightning said:
I have to give credit to the toughest qb to ever play the game. Brett Favre thew for 446 yards and two touchdowns today to lead the Vikings to a much needed win. How many guys would play through even half the injuries he has? Say what you want about Favre but you can never question his toughness or heart. He is as competetive as they come. I was very happy to see them pull out the win to keep the Vikings Playoff chances alive.

Broken ankle and all. He's off the charts.

white lightning said:

Favre keeps being written off and keeps coming back. Reporters were asking him when he was going to retire 8-9 years ago.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
qj said:
white lightning said:

Broken ankle and all. He's off the charts.

The 446 yards was a career high for Brett.
smiley32.gif
He'sone of the most amazing athletes ever.