2010 Week 4

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hartline would have 6 receptions and probably close 100 yards except his QBs have missed him on four throws. Now he just caused an interception.

w2

Drop from Hartline result in interception
smiley7.gif

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
This kid literally, Aaron Hernandez has made some good catches. Is he a white Spaniard type with a tan or a hispanic of some mixture, does anyone know?

I checked out some photos - he looks white Spaniard/Italian type to me.

I'm impressed with all the white weapons that NE has at WR/TE/RB - Welker, Edelman, Woodhead, Hernandez, Gronkowski - and they use them!
Go Pats!

jacknyc said:
Westside said:
This kid literally, Aaron Hernandez has made some good catches. Is he a white Spaniard type with a tan or a hispanic of some mixture, does anyone know?

I checked out some photos - he looks white Spaniard/Italian type to me.

Yeah, that or your typical member of the Latin Kings.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
take a look here:
http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-04/53458171.JPGEdited by: jacknyc

I just cant believe what I just heard and saw. ESPN, Trent Dilfer, talking about the Patriots drive where Woodhead scores, they show Welker make two catches as hes talking, Woodhead with a 6 yard run..as this is all being shown on TV, Dilfer says something like, "the Pats just have all these great,quickathletes...Welker then Woodhead creates a mis-match out of thebackfield, hes too quick for Dansby--whos a great LB...and thats how the offense got it done." Also, Woodhead gets props from Brady, "Woody is just real quick and creates problems for defenses...you have to be really quick to stay with him."

Im telling you guys, Toby, then Duke, then these last couple weeks with Hillis and Woodhead...the stars are aligned!

PhillyBirds

Mentor
mick phrom philly said:
Great recognition of Woodhead's and Welker's speed, quickness and athetlicism by Trent Dilfer on ESPN's post-game show.

Welcome to the board, Mick. Glad to see I'm not the only one from Philly to find my way here.

Anak

Mentor
Through 2 games, Woodhead has had 11 carries for 78 yards and 2 TDs. 7.1 ypc. One of his carries tonight he was hit in the backfield as he got the ball. Subtract that and he's gone for 80 yards on 10 carries.

snow

Mentor
They crazy thing about Welker is, I don't even think he is 100 percent recovered yet, at least he said he didn't feel like it recently, yet he still had a great game.

PhillyBirds said:
mick phrom philly said:
Great recognition of Woodhead's and Welker's speed, quicknessand athetlicism by Trent Dilfer on ESPN's post-game show.

Welcome to the board, Mick. Glad to see I'm not the only one from Philly to find my way here.

Did you forget about me, PhillyBirds?
smiley1.gif
Im a philly guy, too, remember?Welcome, mick.

Anak

Mentor
Anak said:
Through 2 games, Woodhead has had 11 carries for 78 yards and 2 TDs. 7.1 ypc. One of his carries tonight he was hit in the backfield as he got the ball. Subtract that and he's gone for 80 yards on 10 carries.

Actually, 1 rushing TD. Plus 1 receiving TD.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Woodhead did great tonight. Nice to see him getting recognition from Dilfer. Also nice to see alot of new members signing up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Pats and the Browns are so fun to watch. Then the Colts and Packers after them.

Danny Woodhead is going to be too good to be ignorred for much longer. The kid just has all the right moves and the speed to go with it. Way to go Patriots.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah it is great seeing Woody getting important minutes, and significantly contibuting to the Pats win tonight. Like I stated in a prior post, Ellis is a servicable back, but the others were retreads or neverweres. I guess this forced Bill's hand and Danny excelled at his opportunities in the second half.

Funny, during the entire second half I was having a text war with my brother over the screwing of Danny from the Jets and the castesystem in general. It was a futile attempt. My brother thought I was out of my mine. I started to press my arguments and he got pissed and began to call Woody a midget and could see why the Jets cut him. Once Danny got going the texts from him stopped. My brother is a drone or sober DWF when it comes to this. I will send him Jimmy C's excellent article on Peyton Hillis to educate him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Toby Hillis said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i'm wondering ... what are the exact rankings of the Colts', Patriots', and Packers'offenses in the League? i'm guessing they are in the elite.

i'm also wondering ... will anyone draw the obvious connection that the three Whitest offenses in the League are possibly the three best.

Colts-3rd
Pats-7th
Packers-18th (Note: have few white skill players, dont really use them...plusBrandon Jackson avgs about 2 YPC!)

The Packers offense isn't in sync yet but they still lead the NFC in points scored. By the end of the season I suspect their offensive rank will be considerably higher than it is now, maybe even first.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Right now, one thing is certain... it doesn't look like a good year for black QBs, and it didn't look like it would be a good year (for them) from before the season started.

I see that as one of the main reasons the MSM put forth the nonsense that "Vick was playing like an MVP of the league" (yes, some idiots said that..). Also, he was such a Philly "hero" and "savior" for wins over Detroit and Jacksonville. Please...

The Eagles' team has flaws, and it doesn't look like a Super Bowl contender, but Vick and the Eagles (don't laugh!) sounds "more legit" than Jason Campbell's Raiders and Josh Freeman's Buccaneers!... or Charlie's Great Pittsburgh Adventure, which, of course, refers to Batch.

McNabb looks like he's on his last legs, and is not looking like a threat (rap lyric?)... so the MSM was "extra-giddy" about Vick being named the starter, about Vick's entrance onto the stage.

It was simply an exercise in desperation... And now the "chosen" are full of perspiration and indignation (cuz the Vick injury and his overall fragility). "It's so unfair" - said one member of the tribe. "It's like when Superman swoops down.. you know he's going to save the lady in need or the helpless child. Why couldn't Vick just emulate that? We could then remanufacture the Vick lunchboxes, comic books, TV Dinners, sports drink, and, oh my, we will then put the Vick Cabbage Patch Doll back on it's rightful pedestal. We would put out an improved version, of course, maybe add an extra megawatt to the smile. Every young boy and girl will clamor for the friendly and charismatic doll.. yes, dreadlocks, we will add that to give the doll a more fun-loving look! Then, all we need to do is just beef up the muscles so it becomes great to cuddle with on those dark, stormy nights and it's perfecto. Dad gets out of line or doesn't know his role? Just pull out the Vick Doll and itz all good from there.. like magic."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think it's a coincidence that teams with black coaches(Buccaneers, Steelers, 49'ers) are stockpiled with black qb's? Hatie Smiff's team surprisingly doesn't have a black qb.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Even the three Certified Racist Twits (Jawarski, Gruden, and Turdrico) in the booth seemed to appreciate Danny Woodhead last night. However, they intentionally avoided mentioning his elite speed and agility measurables. Instead, they made it seem as though Woodhead was merely "lucky"Â￾ (based on his inherent athletic "inferiority"Â￾) to be getting offensive touches in the NFL.

Green-Ellis is an undrafted (Ole Miss), high-motor player who runs hard and isn't very "flashy"Â￾"¦and Woodhead is a slasher with sprinter's speed, great receiving ability, and vicious toughness. I don't mind this "running back committee,"Â￾ because it plays to strengths of both players and allows Woodhead to succeed.

The living legend, Wes Welker, is slowly returning to his Herculean form. 8 catches for 70 yards is his best performance this season. I hope he gashes the Ravens for his standard 10+ catch, 100+ yard game after the Patriots' bye week.

It was satisfying to watch Rob Ninkovich (formerly released the Dolphins, and Saints twice) record two interceptions and a sack.

All of the Patriots' white players seem fit the castoff, unwanted, "nobody"Â￾ role.

TwentyTwo

Master
Spot on Thrashen...I'm totally stoked about Woodhead! Did not like to see Faulk's season(career) end that way...but the timing was perfect and the door was open...and he's scampering thru-it! It's been a domino-effect with Welker, Edelman who is still getting healthy(foot); and now Woodhead! Danny Who will soon be a thing of the past!

Is Woodhead 5'-7" or 5'9"...?? not that it matters...Barry Sanders was 5'-8"...The the dwf's scratch their head's in bewiderment! A scat-back-type will catch their eye more than a big white-power back they automatically think fullback...if only the Packers could have givin Jake Sharp a legit chance!!

Good to see Ninkovich have a Monster Game on MNF!! Happy for him...hated to see him leave Saints; but he was injured and the NFL is a nasty business.

This is also where Peyton Hillis put's the 25 year drought on the shelf for good! Some projections have him racking up 1,200 yards this year! He's a heat-seeking tank!

With Gonzales coming back soon hopefully...Collie, White and Dallas Clark send a message! Some dwf's on the fence are taking notice of the Colts O!Edited by: TwentyTwo

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Ditto to the last two posters and their take on Woodhead and Ellis. It's great to see the white guy the speed option in an NFL backfield. It also strikes at the caste system more so then even Hillis if Woodhead was to put up big numbers. It's one thing to have a big white powerback, that's been done: Alstott, Riggins, etc. but a scatback? Not for a while. Regardless, it's great to see. Been a long time coming.

jaxvid said:
Ditto to the last two posters and their take on Woodhead and Ellis. It's great to see the white guy the speed option in an NFL backfield. It also strikes at the caste system more so then even Hillis if Woodhead was to put up big numbers. It's one thing to have a big white powerback, that's been done: Alstott, Riggins, etc. but a scatback? Not for a while. Regardless, it's great to see. Been a long time coming.

Not since Dickie Post with the Chargers 1967-69. Post was about 5-8, 190 pounds at the most. He never got a lot of publicity, by the way. NFL Films did a segment on him about 20 years ago which emphasized how spectacular his best runs were.