2010 Southern Miss Golden Eagles

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Eagles started 6 whites last season. Here are the projected white starters for the 2010 season.

C- Cameron Zipp

That's it!! If you thought things were bad last year just look at this team. This is the worst overall team.

Highlander

Mentor
Wow, a whole one White player for the "Black" Eagles. Ever notice how few black Centers there are? Maybe it's because this position requires a little more mental effort and discipline. Few, if any, are Sumos, either. If a football team has only one White player (outside of punter or kicker) it is usually either a QB or Center.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think this is the worst team ever previewed in Castefootball history. I could be wrong but I think the previous worst was two white starters.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
wa33, I've seen Austin Davis listed as the starting QB on the USM spring prospectus and in Athlon Sports football preview. I personally think Davis will be the man again this fall. After him, Zipp is it for the White starters. Ryan Hanks is a backup TE, Ed Preston is the backup RG, Austin Quattrochi is the backup C, Thomas Edenfield is the backup RT, and you also have David Boyce as a backup DE. If Austin doesn't start, this will be the darkest FBS team ever. If he does, they will still be one of the darkest ever.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
For those who are keeping track, USM started 4, 4, 6, and 6 Whites since '06.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah I give Austin Davis the edge at QB. LG-Ben Schoenberger is also a projected starter according to Phil Steele; that makes 3...still...it's one of the least white teams around...the USM website only has the roster in pdf form; yet I find their pics when I google...strange.

Thursday Sept 2nd Southern Miss takes on South Carolina(ESPN)..nearly carbon copies of each other...my Dad may almost mistake it for a SWAC game.

On the bright side..the 2011 class of early commitments is suprising and more encouraging...
DE-Michael Brinson6'-4" 285 4.8 in 40! WR-Cooper Harrington; TE-Collin Jarbo; LB-Trent Johnson; QB-Ricky Lloyd from California

For the trolls that like to visit this site...this is not about racism; really more about pride..when looking at a defense fielding 11 players on TV/or at stadiumand you see NOT EVEN ONEWHITE; not even 1 or 2? Are white's just that totally incapable?? I think not! What do you expect..to bury our head in the sand?? That's bull! ...racism from the other side maybe.

While the south may have larger concentration of blacks than anywhere elsein the U.S.; it still should not be this out of hand. It's a sad day when we are nearly shocked a team like Mississippi State has 2 whites starting on defense; if I were racist I would say all 11 must be white. If the ratio in the SEC was closer to 50/50% I could live with that...butwhat do you expect when it's more like 20%-80%?? It's almost like there is a big sign saying "no white's allowed" esp on defenses!Edited by: TwentyTwo

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just as I thought, Austin Davis has been the starting QB for USM. So they have been starting 2 Whites instead of 1. Yeah I know it doesn't matter a whole lot, but I like being accurate if possible.
smiley2.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Just as I thought, Austin Davis has been the starting QB for USM. So they have been starting 2 Whites instead of 1. Yeah I know it doesn't matter a whole lot, but I like being accurate if possible.
smiley2.gif
Go Kansas.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Colonel_Reb said:
smiley2.gif
<div></div>Go Kansas.

Ditto. Here we go redlegs, here we go!
smiley4.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
USM player paralyzed-1 of 3 affletes shot after brawl

A person familiar with the situation says Southern Miss linebacker Martez Smith (black) is paralyzed from the waist down after being shot at a nightclub along with two teammates.

The
person spoke to The Associated Press Tuesday on the condition of
anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss details of the
player's medical status.

Smith, linebacker Tim Green (black) and defensive
end Deddrick Jones (black) were shot in the parking lot of a Hattiesburg
nightclub after it closed early Sunday morning. They were celebrating
the team's win over Central Florida on Saturday.

Smith's
spinal cord was severed, the source said. Green was shot in the neck
and Jones was shot in the chest. All three were listed in fair condition
Tuesday at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg.

Police said Tuesday that they have arrested two people in connection with the shooting and they are seeking a third suspect.

Patricia
Loftin Brown, 49, and Cleothus Wilkerson 25, both from Bassfield, are
charged with three counts each of accessory after the fact of aggravated
assault. An arrest warrant for three counts of aggravated assault has
been issued for Travis Brown of Prentiss.

Brown and Wilkerson were
being held without bond in the local jail pending an initial court
appearance. Police said they don't know if they have lawyers.

Southern
Miss coach Larry Fedora said Monday that Green is unable to speak, but
declined further comment on the extent of the players' injuries.

Southern
Miss had returned home last Saturday after a 31-21 win over Central
Florida in Orlando, and a group of eight to 10 players went out to a
club later that night.

According to Hattiesburg police, a fight
started inside and spilled out into the parking lot, where the three
players were shot. None of the players was armed. (well isn't THAT a relief!)

Southern Miss hosts Houston on Saturday.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5813232Edited by: Colonel_Reb

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Wow. And to think that both the assailants and the victims were all black, the most civilized of us all, well, at least if you believe a certain recent happy hour poster. Now, Colonel_Reb, we need a similar story involving WHITE players. Since we "racists" here simply cherry-pick stories to bash other races, it should be easy to find many similar stories involving horrid white folk, right?
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad, I reckon I missed that happy hour poster. Funny how I have trouble finding a balance of white bad guy stories to go along with the black bad guy stories. It must be the racist media that won't publicize the transgressions of the White athletes out there.
smiley36.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Colonel, that would be w2. He seems to be a good poster, over here in the football forums, but just had a conniption over in the Crime Thread happy hour thread, since for some strange reason, the only crimes noted are by darkly-hued individuals. We invited him to post equally savage crimes by "whitey" but he has yet to respond;-) As for the Black Eagles, I expect nothing less from their fine assortment of "student" affletes....

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oh yeah man, USM loves the blackletes. Funny about w2! I imagine it will take him a while to find enough stories to balance out the thread.
smiley36.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
LOL
smiley56.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Not really much of an update, but here are the probables two white players to start for the Black Eagles against the Black Cardinals of Louisville. Too bad they didn't get matched up with a whiter team.

Offense
QB- Austin Davis
C- Cameron Zipp

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Black shooter of 3 afroletes gets bail reduced. If Southern teams were full of White players, this kind of stuff would never happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6048277

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Bail has been reduced to $1.5 million for a southwest Mississippi man arrested in the shooting of three Southern Mississippi defensive players.

Travis
"Taurus" Brown was arrested Nov. 19 and charged with three counts of
aggravated assault in the shootings of linebackers Martez Smith and Tim
Green, and defensive lineman Deddrick Jones.

Brown's attorney,
Michael Crosby, said Saturday that bail for the 29-year-old man from
Purvis had been reduced from $3 million. He says his client will remain
jailed, in part because he's on probation for past charges.

All
three players survived the shootings and are out of the hospital. Smith
was paralyzed from the waist down and is undergoing rehab.