2010 Rice Owls

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Rice Owls will be one of the more popular teams at CF this season due to Sam McGuffie.

Here are the projected starters:

Offense
QB - Nick Fanuzzi or Taylor Cook (transfer from Miami)
RB - Sam McGuffie
LT - Scott Mitchell
LG - Jake Hicks
RG - Eric Ball
RT - Tyler Parish
TE - Vance McDonald

Defense
DE - Kramer Lucio
DT - Scott Solomon
NT - Alex Lowry
LB - Trey Briggs
FS/Rover - Travis Bradshaw

TwentyTwo

Master
Yes indeed.. Rice is not on TV much....so hopefully ESPN3(formerly ESPN360)will telecast games via internet; and we will be able to check out McGuffie & co...interesting opener vs the Longhorns Sept 4th! HopeSam can bust a long 70yd TD

Jr.- Travis Bradshaw is a tackling machine(former walk-on/go figure) led the Nation in unassisted tackles as a sophomore!

Rice is a young team and being touted as a bowl team in another year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This is the Whitest Rice team since 2005 when they started 14. celticdb15 correctly predicted that they would be Whiter this year and they are by 2 players. Hopefully all of the White Rice will have a great season!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
In addition to these guys, expect WRs Andre Geatreaux and Klein Kubiak to see some playing time this year.

I'll be able to watch Rice a few times this year, they're on my CBS College Sports channel a lot.
smiley1.gif

whiteCB

Master
TwentyTwo said:
Yes indeed.. Rice is not on TV much....so hopefully ESPN3(formerly ESPN360)will telecast games via internet; and we will be able to check out McGuffie & co...interesting opener vs the Longhorns Sept 4th! Hope Sam can bust a long 70yd TD

Yeah I was hoping Sam would have stayed at Michigan for my own selfish reasons. Here in Ohio there are tons of UM ftball games on TV and about ZERO Rice Owl games on the tube. Oh well good luck Sam!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
TwentyTwo said:
Yes indeed.. Rice is not on TV much....so hopefully ESPN3(formerly ESPN360)will telecast games via internet; and we will be able to check out McGuffie & co...interesting opener vs the Longhorns Sept 4th! HopeSam can bust a long 70yd TD

Yeah I was hoping Sam would have stayed at Michigan for my own selfish reasons. Here in Ohio there are tons of UM ftball games on TV and about ZERO Rice Owl games on the tube. Oh well good luck Sam!

Yes, Rice is barely ever on tv. I'm sure we can find all the Rice games on the internet and watch them live. I'll have to check certain programs such as Sopcast once the college season starts. Hopefully we can watch lots of white friendly teams over the internet.

green fire317

Banned
During this season do you guys think it is possible that we cold find streams to post on the site like we do with boxing?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
During this season do you guys think it is possible that we cold find streams to post on the site like we do with boxing?

Yes, I think it's possible. It would be great to find some streams for teams like Rice with a stud running back in McGuffie. I'm going to look into it.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I believe a spammer posted about this cheap satellite Internet TV site. Now I sound like a spammer (lol) posting what that spammer posted in HIS ONLY POST on this site.

http://www.satellitetvtopc.com/?hop=bosbiz

Doesn't sound too expensive and you might be able to get a wide variety college football selection. Good streams would be better though as they are free!

TwentyTwo

Master
Ex LSU LBer Kyle Prater is transferring to Rice...will have two more years of eligibility with the Owls after sitting out a year per transfer rules. Healso considered transferring to Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Baylor or Louisiana Tech. Wish him nothing but the best!

Looking forward to seeing the incoming class of freshman....All listed as "Athlete's":
* Andy Erickson 5'-10" 175 (4.46)
* Jordan Taylor(WR) 6'5" 200 (4.5)
* Clinton Hutson (RB) 6'-0 175 (4.4) late signee

whiteCB

Master
TwentyTwo said:
Ex LSU LBer Kyle Prater is transferring to Rice...will have two more years of eligibility with the Owls after sitting out a year per transfer rules. He also considered transferring to Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Baylor or Louisiana Tech.

Look at that list of white ass schools...it seems like he had a caste football enlivenment at LSU
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
TwentyTwo said:
Ex LSU LBer Kyle Prater is transferring to Rice...will have two more years of eligibility with the Owls after sitting out a year per transfer rules. Healso considered transferring to Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Baylor or Louisiana Tech.

Look at that list of white ass schools...it seems like he had a caste football enlivenment at LSU
smiley36.gif

Maybe so!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Could it be that Prater doesn't like being in a ghetto locker room? Nah, that's racist.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
thanks wa33, will definitely tune in!

No prob, Backrow. I was expecting the game to not be televised. In that case, I would be scanning sites for a link. Thankfully it is.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'll be watching this game in just a few minutes.

snow

Mentor
McGuffie looks huge compared to his freshman season. So much for all the haters saying his frame couldn't handle any more weight.

snow

Mentor
It is the second time I have heard it. The first time was last year on one a Riley Cooper's catch. Hopefully it is a sign that things are changing for the better.

snow

Mentor
Not sure why they are splitting carries. The other guy is just losing yards. They should just keep Sam in there for all 3 downs and have that other guy come in as a change of pace so Sam can take a breather every once and a while.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Damn Rice played Texas awesome in the first quarter and their defense really stepped it out and had a nice red zone stand. Since then it's been a different story. McHargue has lost some of his composure and the defense looks like it is starting to tire. McGuffie had 7 carries for 33 yards not to long ago, so he's having a solid game. He had one play where he tried reversing field and he ended losing quite a few yards. But overall there have been several runs where he turned nothing into something. Man imagine if Rice could get some top level offensive line recruits!!