2010 Rankings already

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 98%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid" height=40 vAlign=center align=left ="#ffffff">
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 ="#ffffff">
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="HEIGHT: 100%; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" colSpan=2>
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=ctl00_PlaceHolder2_View5 border=0 cellSpacing=0 ="article">
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>2010 NFL Draft Look Ahead </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD style="WIDTH: 325px; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid" vAlign=bottom ="noprint">Support Your Team...Get Fresh Gear! </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid" vAlign=top align=left ="#ffffff">
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 ="#ffffff"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="HEIGHT: 100%; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=ctl00_PlaceHolder1_View4 border=0 cellSpacing=0 ="article"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>/pics/jim.jpg </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD style="HEIGHT: 100%; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" width="100%">
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=ctl00_PlaceHolder1_View2 border=0 cellSpacing=0 ="article"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>by Jim Belanger
CFFinsider Staff
April 24, 2009
&lt; =text/ ="http://w.share.com/widget/?tabs=web%2Cpost%2Cemail&amp;=utf-8&amp;style=default&amp;publisher=5d050b64-a84b-4e09-9fd2-0fd04ce78b6a&amp;erbg=%23000000&amp;fg=%23000699"&gt; ShareThis Print </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; HEIGHT: 100%; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" colSpan=2>
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 99%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=ctl00_PlaceHolder1_View1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 align=left ="article"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>

We know it's a little early to be ranking the 2010 NFL draft prospects, as the 2009 draft hasn't even started yet. But, since we spend so much time ranking college skill players and are already in NFL draft mode, we figured we'd throw out some way-too-early thoughts on next year's draft.

These fine men haven't been through the grueling combine/NFL grading process yet, so the easy measuring-stick numbers aren't all nicely laid out for us yet. Still, we've been following most of these guys for the last two or three years, and we think we have some idea of how they'll stack up for the NFL. That is until a Shonn Greene comes along and renders these rankings useless. Until then, let's have some fun.

Keep in mind the players in these rankings haven't completed their senior seasons as of this writing. Heck some of them are going to be redshirt sophomores that will be draft eligible.

"*" = other notables
"**" = potential early entry

Quarterbacks

1. Colt McCoy, Texas
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 210, Est. 40 Time: 4.65)
My favorite college football player right now. He's gritty and can make all the throws. The Texas offensive style might raise doubts; is he really 6-3?

2. Sam Bradford**, Oklahoma
(Ht: 6-4, Wt: 218, Est. 40 Time: 4.7)
Could add a couple pounds to the frame, but he has the height, the arm and the missle-lock eyes that the NFL likes. Will no doubt enter early in 2010.

3. Jevan Snead**, Mississippi
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 215, Est. 40 Time: 4.65)
If the Ole Miss offense lives up to the pre-season hype, Snead could take the opportunity to declare early for 2010. The NFL will like his big gun, but he may wait until 2011 to gain a little more experience.

4. Tim Tebow, Florida
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 238, Est. 40 Time: 4.6)
I don't know what position Tebow will play, but some NFL general manager will make his team better by drafting him. Tebow will have the chance to prove his passing prowess this year, which will make the NFL more comfortable with him.

5. Tony Pike, Cincinnati
(Ht: 6-6, Wt: 215, Est. 40 Time: 4.8)
Pike will have the opportunity to jump up the draft board as the undisputed starter for a Cincinnati team that will have weapons on the outside for him. He'll need to avoid injury this year to maximize his draft stock.

6. Greg Alexander, Hawaii
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 240, Est. 40 Time: 4.8)
Alexander may not be well-known on the mainland yet, but he should make big strides in his second full year at the helm.

7. Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic
(Ht: 6-5, Wt: 230, Est. 40 Time: 4.8)
Good size and a history of running a pro(ish)-style offense.

8. Tim Hiller, Western Michigan
(Ht: 6-5, Wt: 228, Est. 40 Time: 4.95)
Good size and prolific passing numbers will put Hiller in the mix.

9. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 228, Est. 40 Time: 4.75)
LeFevour is a dynamic player who can really run the ball, sort of Tebow-like. He will have to prove that he can throw consistently.

10. Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 212, Est. 40 Time: 4.65)
Gritty and can throw on the run. I think he'll stick at the next level.

*. Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
(Ht: 6-4, Wt: 220, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
Brown has the potential to be the surprise of the 2010 draft after only starting one year at WVU.

*. Todd Reesing, Kansas
(Ht: 5-11, Wt: 205, Est. 40 Time: 4.65)
A couple years in the CFL and we could be looking at the second coming of Doug Flutie.

Running Backs

1. LeGarrette Blount, Oregon
(Ht: 6-2, Wt: 238, Est. 40 Time: 4.6)
Size, speed, moves. We're predicting he'll be the first back drafted in 2010.

2. Charles Scott, LSU
(Ht: 5-11, Wt: 232, Est. 40 Time: 4.6)
Scott is another big guy with decent speed who should make a steady NFL power back.

3. DeMarco Murray**, Oklahoma
(Ht: 6-0, Wt: 205, Est. 40 Time: 4.5)
Provided he remains healthy, we expect Murray to make the jump a year early in 2010 and be rewarded as a high draft pick.

4. Chris Brown, Oklahoma
(Ht: 5-11, Wt: 208, Est. 40 Time: 4.5)
Brown could go in the first round along with his teammate Murray.

5. Matt Asiata, Utah
(Ht: 5-11, Wt: 235, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
Asiata could be the surprise of the 2010 draft with his size and speed combination. Look for his draft stock to rise after a big senior year.

6. Jahvid Best**, Cal
(Ht: 5-10, Wt: 195, Est. 40 Time: 4.4)
Best will probably head to the NFL early, especially if he posts another solid season. His speed may move him up the RB ranks.

7. C.J. Spiller, Clemson
(Ht: 5-11, Wt: 193, Est. 40 Time: 4.4)
Spiller will have his chance to shine in 2009 and could be a 1st round pick. His speed is not a question, but he'll have to show that he can handle carrying the ball 20+ times a game. He may be drafted too high.

8. André Anderson, Tulane
(Ht: 6-0, Wt: 216, Est. 40 Time: 4.5)
A complete back with good size and speed. Should be an early-round RB if he overcomes injury issues.

9. James Starks, Buffalo
(Ht: 6-2, Wt: 212, Est. 40 Time: 4.6)
A solid back that is used to carrying quite a workload.

10. Damion Fletcher, Sourthern Miss
(Ht: 5-10, Wt: 177, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
A little on the small side, but he's shown he can carry the rushing load. Switching offenses mid-career and some legal problems may drop his draft stock.

*. <a href="/stats/player-pages.aspx?ID=20081420" target="_blank">Michael Smith</A>, Arkansas
(Ht: 5-7, Wt: 176, Est. 40 Time: 4.4)
Speedy and he can handle 20+ carries. Not sure if his frame can handle it at the NFL level.

*. Anthony Dixon, Mississippi State
(Ht: 6-1, Wt: 238, Est. 40 Time: 4.6)
Dixon will have the chance to shine in MSU's new offensive system. He'll have to control his weight.

*. Toby Gerhart, Toby Gerhart
(Ht: 6-1, Wt: 232, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
Big guy came on strong in 2008. Style should translate to the NFL, if he doesn't elect to play baseball.

*. Montario Hardesty, TENN
(Ht: 6-0, Wt: 210, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
Could be a sleeper and sneak onto a roster.

Wide Receivers

1. Dez Bryant**, Oklahoma State
(Ht: 6-2, Wt: 210, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
A man-among-boys at the college level. I would put him as the top WR if he had been eligible for the 2009 draft. Has to fight through an injury this season to maintain this lofty status.

2. Brandon LaFell, LSU
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 210, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
Good size and speed. Should fit right into most any NFL offense.

3. Dezmon Briscoe**, Kansas
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 200, Est. 40 Time: 4.6)
A dynamic playmaker at WR. Plays fast, we expect him to declare for the 2010 draft.

4. Marshwan Gilyard, Cincinnati
(Ht: 6-0, Wt: 185, Est. 40 Time: 4.45)
If he continues his prolific ways we expect Gilyard to be right near the top of NFL WR draft boards

5. Jordan Shipley, Texas
(Ht: 6-0, Wt: 192, Est. 40 Time: 4.45)
He'll be a playmaker even if Colt McCoy isn't throwing him the ball.

6. Eric Decker, Minnesota
(Ht: 6-2, Wt: 215, Est. 40 Time: 4.55)
Assuming he's not playing baseball, Decker should be a top-10 WR.

7. Emmanuel Sanders, SMU
(Ht: 6-1, Wt: 173, Est. 40 Time: 4.45)
What NFL team couldn't use a WR/KR/CB?

8. Arrelious Benn**, Illinois
(Ht: 6-2, Wt: 214, Est. 40 Time: 4.5)
NFL ready body but the Illini offense hasn't helped his numbers. The measurables will be there, so we say he comes out early.

9. Naaman Roosevelt, Buffalo
(Ht: 6-0, Wt: 187, Est. 40 Time: 4.5)
Roosevelt is always making plays. If he can produce with a new QB this year, he'll be an NFL commodity.

10. Dion Morton, Colorado State
(Ht: 5-10, Wt: 168, Est. 40 Time: 4.4)
Fast and good, but small.

*. Damian Williams**, USC
(Ht: 6-1, Wt: 190, Est. 40 Time: 4.5)
Just a guess that he'll skip his final year and enter the 2010 draft.

*. Dexter McCluster, Mississippi
(Ht: 5-8, Wt: 168, Est. 40 Time: 4.4)
His size will hinder his draft status, but he can make plays.

*. Kerry Meier, Kansas
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 216, Est. 40 Time: 4.65)
The former QB makes a nice target and could be a solid sleeper pick as a possession WR.

Tight Ends

1. Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
(Ht: 6-6, Wt: 262, Est. 40 Time: 4.7)
Gresham could have been the first TE drafted this year. Another year at OU won't hurt his stock.

2. Rob Gronkowski**, Arizona
(Ht: 6-6, Wt: 258, Est. 40 Time: 4.7)
Gronk has contributed from day one at Arizona. We expect him to enter the draft a year early in 2010.

3. Dennis Pitta, BYU
(Ht: 6-5, Wt: 250, Est. 40 Time: 4.7)
Sick production with 83 catches in 2008.

4. Cody Slate, Marshal
(Ht: 6-4, Wt: 228, Est. 40 Time: 4.65)
A little smaller than the other guys on the list, but he's proven to be an offensive weapon.

5. Garrett Graham, Wisconsin
(Ht: 6-4, Wt: 242, Est. 40 Time: 4.8)
Graham is the real deal. He's proven he can catch and he's coming from an offense where he's had to run block.

*. Jason Harmon, Florida Atlantic
(Ht: 6-3, Wt: 215, Est. 40 Time: 4.6)
A little small for run blocking, but he could make an impact for the right team as a big receiver.</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE><a href="http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/article.aspx?ID=361" target="_blank">
Got this from Draft Daddy. They have Gerhart rated the 13th best Rb for next year which is absolutely crazy. They have Shipley and Decker 5 and 6 as well. THe tight end position is looking good so far, but i think Gronkowski is better than Grisham!
<STRIKE></STRIKE></A>

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I sure hope Decker doesn't play baseball like Samardzija did. Three white receivers in this list is not too bad considering past years.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, both Gerhart and Decker are arguably best white players out there next year, i would hate for them to waste playing baseball...

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
No way Charles Scott is better than Gerhart. Gerhart produced around dead even to Scott in a worse offense (at Stanford). Gerhart also looks to be faster than Scott (Toby ran a 4.48 out of H.S, while Scott ran a 4.66). These two are similar players actually, but Gerhart is faster and might be slightly more powerful. Both have a good burst and have agility that suits them for their size/style.

Here are my rankings as of now. I will have to watch these players more this season to get an even better sense. I will include underclassman unlike my last top 5 I did.

1. Johnathan Dwyer *underclassman
2. DeMarco Murray *underclassman
3. Jahvid Best *underclassman (can still carry load w/ small stature)
4. Toby Gerhart
5. Noel Devine *underclassman
6. C.J Spiller
7. Evan Royster *underclassman
8. LeGarrette Blount
9. Chris Brown
10. Jake Sharp (Could jump up list w/ a good full season as a starter)

On the cusp:
11. Joe McKnight *underclassman
12. Charles Scott
13. Stafon Johnson
14. James Starks
15. Keiland Williams

Other whites in my top 30:
Kevin Harris (Should make top 30 if they "DARE" play this elite talent)
Trevyn Smith (Ranked lower due to being a small schooler)
Chase Reynolds *small schooler
Jared Hawkins (Loads of potential, but underused in a poor offense)
David McCarty *small schooler

Sleepers in either the 2010 or 2011 class (loosely ranked):
John Goebel (slightly underused- he's better than Ramsey and VERY close to as good as Pead. Pead should split time with Goebel. Pead is younger and has a less powerful style-Goebel has a good shot to be in my top 30 when he declares.)
David Sinisi *small schooler
John Mosure (Talented player- should fill Johnson and Bell's shoes)
Dan Dierking (undersized-not a blazer, but runs hard and is very quick & shifty- he could get PT this year)
Robbie Frey (Not listed in the top 2 on the depth chart currently- we'll see what happens)
Micah Mosely (Hopefully Mosley's recovered from injury, he's talented.)
Luke Lippincott (Injured last year after a huge 2007 season)
Mitch Burroughs (Good enough to start, but will he even play?)
James Berezik *small schooler (talented speedster was suspended
last yr. for underage drinking and then resisting arrest)

*Note DiLuiggi, Martinek, McGuffie, Roberts and Shakerin are listed for the 2012 class.

My top 10 WRs:
1. Eric Decker (white)
2. Dez Bryant *underclassman
3. Jordan Shipley (white)
4. Arrelious Benn *underclassman
5. Mardy Gilyard
6. Damian Williams *underclassman
7. Golden Tate *underclassman
8. Brandon Lafell
9. Chris McGaha (white)
10. Jacoby Ford

On the cusp:
11. Dezmon Briscoe *underclassman
12. Mike Williams (Not the fat ass lol)
13. Riley Cooper (white-VERY talented- will finally start this year)
14. Kerry Meier (white)
15. Blair White (white)

Other white WRs that should be drafted (Top 35- loosely ranked):
Bryan Anderson (Looks pretty white)
Marc Mariani (Small school WR)
Pat Simonds (Small school player)
Ryan Wolfe
Austin Rogers (injured- will likely enter 2011 draft)
Kris Durham (Injured- will likely enter 2011 draft)
Trey Stross (Hopefully he will break out this season for Iowa)
Tim Toone (Small school player)
Dane Sanzenbacher *underclassman (Pryor's style might lessen production)
End of drafted white WRs without the caste system.

Other whites in my top 50.
Rocky Ross
Matt Luft (Small school player- possible TE?)
Johnny Spevek (Another talented small school player)

Sleeper:
Robby Parris (underused)

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ToughJ, isn't Kevin Harris from central Florida. I think I remember reading about him a while back and he was leading the central Florida area in rushing. He also has great speed if I'm not mistaken.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes, I posted about him in the Kevin Harris forum after his brilliant Bowl game against Navy. One coach came right out and told his dad during recruiting according to that old Orlando Sentinel article "I can't bring a white kid in here to play tailback for us, that's just the way it is". Wake was one of only two FBS schools to say they wanted him as a tailback.
smiley21.gif

Edited to correct: Rivals has Harris' 40 time listed as 4.54 still good for a H.S back with his power and size. He's also an accomplished weight lifter. Scout.com lists Harris' 40 time as 4.48, the same as Toby Gerhart's listed time on Rivals. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here is the info I posted about him. It was actually in the White RBs 2008 forum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harris has come up big whenever called upon at Wake Forest. Harris has led his team in yards per carry the two times in his career where he carried the most. This year and in 2006 when he rushed for 393 yards. I think he might be the most screwed RB in the nation, when you look at the background of all things considered. He was dominant against Navy in the biggest show for Wake Forest of the year this year; their Bowl game. Here is a look at Kevin Harris's background from High School. These clips are from that old Orlando Sentinel article:

"The best running back in Central Florida this season is Seminole High's Kevin Harris, who is white. He committed recently to Wake Forest because it was one of two Division I-A schools that promised him a shot purely at tailback. Mick Harris, Kevin's father and the coach at Seminole, said that during the recruiting process, "One recruiter just plain told me, 'Coach, I could never bring back a white running back to my university.' I just kind of looked at him, and he said, 'That's just the way it is. They just wouldn't accept it.' So I think it is there. I think there is a perception. But I don't think it's because there is a prejudice against a white running back. I just think it is because of the overwhelming number of black running backs in the NFL and college."

"It says there's a stigma. Take Kevin Harris, who rushed for 1,179 yards and nine touchdowns last season as a junior at Winter Springs, then padded his resume this summer with one of the best workouts at the Nike prep combine in Miami (fourth among 30 running-back prospects, he said)."

"I've had a lot of people tell me that if I was black, I'd probably have a lot more looks," Harris says. "There have been a few coaches from other high schools and stuff like that. They ask me about some schools recruiting me: 'What do they want you to play?' And then I tell them linebacker, and they're like, 'They have got to be out of their minds. If you were a black kid, you'd be on the front of all the magazines.' I get a lot of that."
But apparently little respect as a tailback.

Here's more- according to Kevin's Wake Forest Bio: Harris had the 25th best SPARQ rating in the entire nation at the Nike Combines for all positions. This kid is really getting screwed. The most carries he's ever had in a season was 78.

Maybe after Kevin saved Wake in this Bowl game with 136 yards on 5.7 per carry they will give him a 100 carry season next year. Is even 100 carries too much to ask for this kid? He's clearly their best back. Brandon Pendergrass is only a freshman and only ran for 3.5 yards per carry this year, but got the most carries. How in the hell did he earn a spot ahead of Harris already? Their 2nd team RB this year was another underclassmen, red-shirt sophomore Josh Adams, who ran for 3.3 yards per carry this year. Harris has put in his time and next year is his last year of eligibility; but will he get a shot?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here are Harris' other measurements: A quite impressive 4.12 short shuttle, a 32 inch vertical and he added 26 bench reps. Those are all solid numbers for a division IA RB with the short shuttle really standing out. But yes despite all Kevin's H.S statistical accolades- Rivals had him ranked as the 14th best FB in 2005.
smiley7.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here is Draftdaddy's opine on the senior tailbacks. I take issue with Scott being ranked ahead of Gerhart with almost identical stats and similar styles. Gerhart is faster- he ran a 4.48 40 out of high school according to Rivals compared to a 4.66 for Scott. Also, Gerhart was in a less prolific offense- making his statistical accomplishments more impressive.

DD.comment: Lightning fast Clemson star C.J Spiller is the top rated tailback in the senior class, by a wide margin, according to our N.F.L. sources. He's been rated as a first rounder going into his senior year, which should not surprise draft followers, as C.J. claimed he got a first round projection from the N.F.L.'s Draft Advisory Panel in early January...After Spiller, L.S.U.'s Charles Scott and Stanford's Toby Gerhart come into the mix. Both players are believed to possess similar size/speed ratio's and posted almost identical rushing and receiving stats as juniors. DD.com was probably the only football site on the Net to rank Gerhart among the top 10 tailbacks in his class the last few years, but we get the feeling that will change soon...LaGarrett Blount of Oregon and Anthony Dixon of Miss. State are also full-sized runners that N.F.L. scouts like. Blount is a JUCO transfer who came up big for the Ducks last fall, and he'll most definitely be asked to do more as a senior...Mid-major F.B.S. stars James Starks and Lonyae Miller of Fresno State are talented medium sized backs that have scouts intrigued. Main difference between the two, right now, is Starks is a prolific receiver out of the backfield, while Miller did not a catch a ball last season. That will have to change if Lonyae wants to elevate his stock...Stafon Johnson of U.S.C. is a talented back, with a decent mix of size and speed, but it will be hard for him to showcase his skills on a team loaded with so many talented running backs.....As far as the last few slots, we could have gone with 15 different players, who have received similar projections, but in attempt to add some quicker athletes, with excellent hands, we rounded this early group out with Keiland Williams and Jake Sharpe, a versatile pair that can serve as 3rd down backs and help out on special teams. While Williams is bigger, runs with more power and could be more durable, Sharpe has has been more of a receiving threat and is probably faster. Scouts believe Jake runs in the high 4.4's, but K.U. coaches claim the workout warrior runs in the 4.3's. If this is true, his measurables and stats would be similar to C.J. Spiller's.

dwid

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Decker gets very little respect on some draft sites. One site stated that he is a teams third receiver at best.

Thats what they pretty much say about every White reciever, is that they can only be a teams 3rd receiver, a slot receiver. No matter what size they are and what type of skills they have or athletic ability.

Some people still believe Jordy Nelson is destined for the slot receiver role even though i made a highlight of him, pretty much all of his catches last year were him lined up on the outside, yet Packers fans say "well why did scouts say he was a slot receiver and why did the packers say that when they drafted him?"

I dont know why the Packers said that or if they said that, because they usually lined him up on the outside from what I saw on the catches he made.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here's a report on some amateur drunk white analyst's rankings. Walterfootball (rankings updated 05/11/2009) doesn't have either Toby Gerhart or Jake Sharp ranked out of 31 RBs. This Walter guy is nuts to think that their are 31 better RBs than Toby Gerhart- who has been so dominant in the FBS. He's an anti-white zealot. Sharp was pretty good statistically, but more impressively is a huge workout warrior who will blaze the track. This Walter idiot is always commenting on how important 40 times are, yet he ranks Cedric Scott, Anthony Dixon and LeGarrett Blount high enough.

NFLdraftblitz.com (updated 6/15/2009) does not have Toby Gerhart or Jake Sharp ranked out of 25 RBs.

These guys are what I'd call "drunk white analysts".

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes I was actually on Walterfootball today. If you check DT it is terrible. If I remember correctly there isn't a white DT until like 13 or something. Jevan Snead is the second ranked qb as well.

StarWars

Mentor
They aren't drunk they have a very clear and alarming prejudice. The fans are drunk. Some ESPN guys are drunk too, but the top dogs...

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I don't think this Walter guy has any ability to analyze game film/ stats etc. or think outside the box. If he does- he is a total coward who probably thinks being even "semi" fair to whites will "damage" the reputation of his site because of the current climate for white RBs/WRs/CBs.

Footballsfuture.com is just as bad overall, but they only rank a top 10.

Luckily Draftdaddy.com and NFLdraftscout.com are significantly more fair "and" respected. Gil Brandt and even Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper and Scott Wright are all more respected and somewhat more fair.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
They aren't drunk they have a very clear and alarming prejudice. The fans are drunk. Some ESPN guys are drunk too, but the top dogs...

Yeah, I would lean toward them "all" knowing (for the most part) what they're doing if I think about it. Read the above post- they are truly cowards who just can't do the right thing and risk challenging the system.

StarWars

Mentor
You and Jimmy are the best at this stuff! I can't wait for football, and especially playing it.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810f6578&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Gil Brandt does his rankings and has 3 of the top 5 WRs white, but only 2 whites in the next 11.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editor's note: This is the third in a weekly series detailing the top senior prospects, by position, for the 2010 NFL Draft.

Speed is important at this position, but the ability to run routes (Steve Largent, for example), have a burst (Jerry Rice) and catch the quick slant for a first down to keep the drive alive (Michael Irvin, Cris Carter) are important as well.

Speed is an important trait for success because it makes it possible to stretch the field. Very seldom can you find a receiver who can run a sub-4.4 40-yard dash after the third round of the draft.

Wide receiver is a position in which players selected after the first round have a chance to play and excel at a high level. Chad Ochocinco, Anquan Boldin, Deion Branch and Chris Chambers were all second-round picks, while Hines Ward, Steve Smith and Terrell Owens went in the third round. Brandon Marshall (fourth round), Donald Driver (seventh round) and Wes Welker (undrafted) weren't even taken that high, if at all.

Since 1999, 332 wide receivers have been drafted -- the most of any position. Since 1998, 496 wide receivers have been invited to the combine -- also the most of any position.

This list only includes players who will have exhausted their eligibility after the 2009 season. USC wide receiver Damian Williams, a transfer from Arkansas, has an extra year of eligibility. For that reason, he was not included on this list, even though he would likely be a top prospect if he chose to enter the 2010 draft.

Here are the 15 senior wide receivers that scouts will be keeping a close eye on this fall, plus change-of-position or non-Division I players who may be drafted.
TOP SENIOR WIDE RECEIVERS

1. Brandon LaFell

College: LSU
Height/Weight: 6-2 ½, 207

LaFell is a tall, athletic player, who was an oustanding high school basketball player in the Houston area. He enters his third year as a starter in 2009 and caught 63 passes with eight touchdowns in 2008. He is projected to be a late first-round pick.

2. Mardy Gilyard

College: Cincinnati
Height/Weight: 6-foot, 182 pounds

Gilyard is a fifth-year player who missed the entire 2006 season due to academics. He returned two kickoffs for touchdowns in 2008 and also caught 81 passes for 1,276 yards and 11 touchdowns. He was selectd a first-team All-Big East performer and special teams player of the year. He has very good hands and runs a low 4.5 40-yard dash. He is a possible first-round pick.
3. Eric Decker

College: Minnesota
Height/Weight: 6-3, 207

Decker was a two-sport star at Minnesota who was drafted in baseball after the 2007 season. He has caught 151 passes the past two seasons. He has great hands and is an outstanding route runner. He will block, but he's not especially fast.

4. Jordan Shipley

College: Texas
Height/Weight: 5-11 ½, 190

All-time leading high school receiver (264 catches, 5,424 yards and 73 touchdowns) in Texas history. These totals rank second all-time nationally. He has great hands and is an outstanding route runner with quickness. He also returns kicks. He plays a lot like the Patriots' Welker.

5. Chris McGaha

College: Arizona State
Height/Weight: 6-1, 199

McGaha is an outstanding athlete, who won the slam dunk championship in high school and anchored the 4x100 meter relay team. As a redshirt freshman he started five games and has caught 96 passes the past two seasons. He has very good hands.

6. Jeremy Williams

College: Tulane
Height/Weight: 6-0 ½, 205

Williams is a fifth-year player who has caught over 100 passes and 12 touchdowns over the past two years. He is a good athlete and looks a lot like Roydell Williams who plays for the Redskins after having spent his first three years with the Titans.
7. Jacoby Ford

College: Clemson
Height/Weight: 5-8 ½, 185

Ford is a fast and explosive receiver. In 2006, he averaged 32.8 yards per kickoff return. He returned a kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown and a punt 92 yards for a touchdown. He was the Florida state champion in the 100 and 200-meter races. He has quickness to go along with his speed.

8. Shay Hodge

College: Mississippi
Height/Weight: 6-foot, 205

Hodge tied for the most touchdown catches in the SEC in 2008 with eight. He had 44 catches for 725 yards last season. He was a high school quarterback, who averaged 25 points per game as a high school point guard. He has very good hands and explosion. He may not catch 50 passes this year, though, because the team has so many good receivers.

9. Dexter McCluster

College: Mississippi
Height/Weight: 5-7 ¼, 163

McCluster was the Runnin' Rebels' leading running back with 109 carries for 655 yards and tied for the most catches on the team with 44 last year. He plays in a formation as a tailback where he receives the direct snap and he also plays wide receiver. He's very strong for his size and has great quickness. If you want a treat, watch his 40-yard touchdown run vs. Florida last year.

10. Greg Mathews

College: Michigan
Height/Weight: 6-2 ½, 210

Mathews played as a true freshman at Michigan in 2006. He had 35 catches in 2008, despite the top two quarterbacks in Ann Arbor not completing 50 percent of their passes (165 of 337). He also returns punts. His cousin, Ted Ginn Jr., plays for the Dolphins.

11. Andre Roberts

College: Citadel
Height/Weight: 5-10 ½, 185

A two-time first-team All-Southern Conference player, Roberts holds the school record for most catches in one season. He ran anchor leg on the school's 400x100 relay team that won a Penn Relays title in 2007. He also returns punts and has very good hands for the position.

12. Alric Arnett

College: West Virginia
Height/Weight: 6-1 ½, 190

Arnett was a first-year starter in 2008. He had 35 catches and six touchdowns on a team that passed just 304 times in 13 games. He was injured in 2007 and missed the entire season after playing two years of junior college football. He was a sprinter who has lots of upside for the position. Be sure to check out his one-handed touchdown catch vs. North Carolina in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

13. Riley Cooper

College: Florida
Height/Weight: 6-2, 212

Cooper played in 2006 as a true freshman at Florida, starting against Auburn and Tennessee. He is a big target as a receiver and had 18 catches and three touchdowns in 2008. He played as a gunner on special teams and was drafted in the 2006 Major League Baseball draft. He is a very good athlete.

14. Naaman Roosevelt

College: Buffalo
Height/Weight: 6-foot, 180

Roosevelt had 104 catches and 14 touchdowns in 2008. He caught the Hail Mary pass last yer against Temple that was featured on highlight shows across the nation. He is more quick than fast. He was a high school quarterback.

15. Kerry Meier

College: Kansas
Height/Weight: 6-2, 217

Meier started eight games at quarterback for Kansas in 2006. Last year was his first full season at wide receiver and he finished with 97 catches and eight touchdowns. He plays a lot like Jordy Nelson, a 2007 second-round pick of the Green Bay Packers.

16. Armanti Edwards

College: Appalachian State
Height/Weight: 5-11, 180

Edwards plays quarterback, but his best position might be wide receiver. He's an Antwaan Randle El look-alike.

Youngstown's Donald Jones (6-0 ½, 210 pounds), Montana's Marc Mariani (6-0 ½, 180 pounds) and North Alabama's Preston Parker (5-11, 195 pounds) are three non-Division I players to watch.

Edited to add a link to Brandt's article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810f6578&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just checked and apparently I am mistaken. I saw Doug Hogue has been moved to Linebacker, but when I looked at photos he is not white- he is black.
smiley5.gif

The move must have been b/c he's 6'3 and large framed and Syracuse is weak at the LB position. Rarely are blacks who perform pretty well at RB moved like this.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
ToughJ, I think Doug Hogue has been the most miss-identified college player in the history of CF. I know I made the same mistake with him more than once. Just plain forgot! I agree this is a rare move by Syracuse.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
3 out of the top 5 receivers being white is very impressive considering in some past years we didn't even have one white in the top 10.

chris371

Mentor
Kerry meier is a lot like Jordy Nelson, Jordan shipley is a lot like welker apparently. Every white athlete must be compared to another white guy. Its so ridiculous.

"Matt Jones is a lot like Brandon Stokely.
Drew bennett reminds me of wes welker"

Good Heavens!