2010 Pittsburgh Panthers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wannstedt was horrible when he first came to Pitt. He slowly made the team a little Whiter. I hope whoever they get to replace him will make the team even Whiter and use Shanahan more.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
WR recruit - Justin Olack - is a soft verbal now. I'm not sure if it just happened, but that's on his Rivals profile now.

Highlander

Mentor
New Pitt Coach, Mike Haywood, jailed for domestic violence:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pitt-haywoodarrest
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)â€"New Pittsburgh coach Mike Haywood was jailed Friday
on a domestic violence charge after an incident at his South Bend home.

Assistant St. Joseph County Police Chief Bill Redman said Haywood was
arrested about 3 p.m. Friday after a custody issue developed with a woman with
whom Haywood has a child. The unidentified woman told police that Haywood
grabbed her by the arm and neck and pushed her as she tried to leave.

<div id="sidebar">

</div>

Redman said the woman had marks on her neck, arms and back.

"The University of Pittsburgh is aware of an alleged incident involving
head football coach Michael Haywood today in South Bend, Indiana,"Â￾ the school
said in an e-mailed statement. "The University expects the highest standards of
conduct from its employees, including its coaches, and any breach of those
standards is a very serious matter. The University will decline further comment
until more complete information is available."Â￾

Haywood will be held without bond in the St. Joseph County jail until he
goes before a judge. Redman said that might occur over the weekend, but no later
than Monday.

Pittsburgh hired Haywood on Dec. 16 to replace Dave Wannstedt, who resigned
under pressure. Haywood led Miami (Ohio) to a 9-4 record this season and the
Mid-American Conference championship.

The 46-year-old Haywood also has been an assistant coach at Army, Ohio
University, Ball State, LSU, Texas and alma mater Notre Dame.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I hadn't followed his hiring much and didn't even know he was black till I saw theheadline about his arrest and then knew right away he had to be. Though in hindsight I should have known when Pitt hired him from Miami of Ohio after an undistinguished coaching career.
It's comical and sad at the same time, though it won't slow the extremist affirmative action policies in place in college and pro football when it comes to black players and coaches.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I saw this on TV last night and once I saw a picture of the coach, was glad he got canned. I wonder whether Pitt will hire another diversity for this job, seeing how this AA pick didn't work so well.

Highlander

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
I hadn't followed his hiring much and didn't even know he was black till I saw theheadline about his arrest and then knew right away he had to be. Though in hindsight I should have known when Pitt hired him from Miami of Ohio after an undistinguished coaching career.
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just thought some of you may find this interesting. On the Yahoo article comments are disabled. Check out what they put on the bottom of the article.

Note: Comments for this post have been turned off, in anticipation of some predictable ugliness.

Matt Hinton is on Twitter: Follow him @DrSaturday.
</span>

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to post the article from SI, but noticed that the authors claim that race isn't a "major factor" when breaking down the college football players arrested. However, in typical Cultural Marxist style, what isn't mentioned is that one can place a sizeable bet that on average there is a huge difference between what White athletes are generally arrested for (public drunkeness, disorderly conduct) and what blacks are arrested for (beating women, beating men, sexual assault, robbery, etc.).

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Magazine: Pitt football had most players in trouble
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">A six-month investigation by Sports Illustrated and CBS News found that the University of Pittsburgh's football team had more players in trouble with the law (22) than any other school among the magazine's 2010 preseason Top 25.
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
The story, posted on the magazine's website today, features a rash of incidents that occurred between mid-July and late September in which four players were arrested for four separate, violent crimes.
Among those was when senior defensive end Jabaal Sheard was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after allegedly throwing a man through the glass door of an art gallery.
Pitt athletic director Steve Pederson and head football coach Todd Graham met with members of the media this afternoon at the Petersen Events Center to discuss the article and both said that the total number of arrests is alarming, but the university is committed to making sure it addresses the problem. [blah, blah, blah]Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/11061/1129050-142.stm#ixzz1FZQNDj26

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Tino Sunseri to Wideout Mike Shanhan should be a greast tandem in 2011!

Mike Shanahan had seven catches for 158 yards and a 50-yard score in their Spring Game.