2010 Ohio State University Buckeyes

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like Tressel is still in big trouble and may not hold onto his job
smiley32.gif

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...ubmits-its-case-against-Jim-T?urn=ncaaf-wp952

Can't say I would be sad to see him go. Teams like Wisconin and Nebraska are white friendly programs that can pluck recruits that would traditionally go to OSU. If Tressel is fired, I have heard that Urban Meyer may replace him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I thought Meyer was retiring for good. Meyer is the last man they need to be their coach.

If Meyer becomes their head coach, it will be the worst thing to happen to the Big Ten. He'll just bring his "recruit all black gang bangers and maybe one token white" ideology to a university that hasn't been too bad with giving white players a chance to play.

snow

Mentor
I wouldn't be too worried.

Its hard to tell with Meyer. Did he have full control of recruiting at Florida? How white were the teams before him? They had whites when he coached at Utah I believe. Sometimes coaches are pressured by outside influences with recruiting etc. Boosters seem to have more power over a program than I had previously imagined. The common belief in the SEC is that you need affletes to succeed. I don't think much at OSU would change.

For the type of offense he runs, he doesn't seem to like affletic quarterbacks that much, the only one being Chris Leak who was there before he arrived 3k, 29 tds and 12 interceptions the year before he got there, it wouldve been kind of hard to bench him, he phased in Tebow as a true freshman with over 100 plays. He kept in Brantley despite Burton showing that he could be a poor man's Tebow. I don't think he had any intention on starting Newton either, which probably influenced his transfer. If he were truly "the guy of the future" then they wouldve found a way to cover up the academic cheating which is the supposed reason why he left. He wanted to retire because of a heart condition, but I have a feeling they found a way to get him to come back one more year at UF. Maybe he had a heart problem from dealing with all of those affletes, all of the arrests etc. If thats the case OSU would be a good change of pace.

He criticized the NCAA for not punishing the teams with recruiting violations and hinted that it was the reason for leaving Florida, at the time he was supposed to be retiring for good.

Hopefully OSU remains friendly to whites, with going back to white quarterbacks.

Edited by: snow

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have a friend at my church who met with Tressel over the weekend along with about another dozen men or so involved in some type of Christian charity group and he said that Tressel was distraught at the meeting, his cell phone ringing constantly, he wept openly and asked for prayer and they all gathered around him and did just that. He feels he made some mistakes and regrets the choices he made. Just reporting what I heard, not taking a position on the issue, not sure where I stand as a Buckeye fan.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
What was the prayer supposed to do? Ask for God's forgiveness or convince Tressell to stop being a dumb ass cheater? If the latter then maybe they should have all kicked him in the ass instead, it would be more effective and a better reason to weep openly.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don't have a answer for all that because I didn't get a chance to ask a whole lot of questions. I personally thinks he indeed needs more of a "kick in the ass" and never trusted Tressel since he gave that football related interview to a gay magazine a few years ago, that told me all I wanted to know about him. He's not gay as far as I know but why give the interview?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Interesting..

<DIV =mod-er>
<H3>Bell out of Buckeyes' LB mix this season</H3>
<DIV =datetime>May, 2, 2011
<DIV =monthday>May 2
<DIV =time>11:00
<DIV =timeofday>AM ET
<DIV =sub->
<DIV =page-s>
<UL>
<LI =first>Email </LI>
<LI>Print </LI>
<LI>Comments10 </LI>[/list]
<DIV id=fb-root>
<DIV =post-author>By Adam Rittenberg
<DIV =mod->Ohio State's challenge to replace two multiyear starters at linebacker won't include Dorian Bell this season.

The redshirt sophomore has been suspended for the season for an unspecified violation of team rules. Bucknuts.com, which first reported Bell's suspension Sunday afternoon, writes that Bell violated the same team rule for the third time. Those familiar with how Ohio State disciplines players can probably figure out what Bell did wrong.

Bell didn't make the trip to New Orleans for the Allstate Sugar Bowl for undisclosed reasons, and Bucknuts.com reports he would have been suspended for the 2011 opener against Akron before the latest rule violation. But he participated in spring practice and seemed to perform well, as he competed for a starting outside linebacker position.

The second-highest rated member of Ohio State's 2009 recruiting class, according to ESPN Recruiting, Bell redshirted in 2009 before appearing in eight games last season as a reserve. He recorded nine tackles in 2010.

Ohio State exited the spring knowing two of its likely starters at linebacker (Andrew Sweat and Etienne Sabino). With Bell out of the mix, the spotlight turns to players like Storm Klein and Jordan Whiting to fill the third starting spot.

Highlander

Mentor
More bad news for the phoney, thug-pandering and thug-loving Tressel and OSU:
<h3>Ohio State to investigate sales of cars to athletes</h3>

The issues are continuing to pile up for the Ohio State Buckeyes.<div ="off" style="line-height: 12px; font-size: 12px; width: 232px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; : right;"><div ="blog-captioned-photo0"><div ="photo-container" style="height: 159px; : relative; padding: 0pt; clear: both;"> </span></div><div ="controls"><div ="label" style="width: 100px; : left;"><a style="padding: 0pt 0pt 0pt 11px; font-size: 10px; color: rgb102, 102, 102; : &quot;http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_s/caption0.gif&quot; no-repeat scroll left center transparent;">CAPTION</a></div><div ="credit" style="width: 132px; : left; font-size: 10px; color: rgb102, 102, 102; text-align: right;">By Terry Gilliam, AP</div></div></div></div>

Already dealing with Jim Tressel's major NCAA violationhttp://content.usatoday.com/communi...ate-jim-tressel-terrelle-pryor-suspensions-/1 that he withheld information about players receiving extra benefits, the Columbus Dispatchhttp://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...to-investigate-players-car-deals.html?sid=101
Saturday the university will investigate the purchases of used cars
made by dozens of the university's student athletes at two Columbus car
dealers to see if any sale violated collegiate rules.<blockquote>

The investigation was initiated after The Dispatch
found in public records that at least eight Ohio State athletes and 11
athletes' relatives bought used cars from Jack Maxton Chevrolet or Auto
Direct during the past five years. The investigation will involve
outside experts and examine at least 50 sales, focusing on whether the
athletes received improper benefits.

The common thread in those two dozen transactions was the salesman: Aaron Kniffin, who has worked at both dealerships.</blockquote>

The Dispatch and John Taylor of College Football Talk said that Kniffin is the same salesman that was connected to another investigationhttp://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-to-probe-car-sales-to-players-and-relatives/ involving vehicles driven by quarterback Terrelle Pryor. The university cleared Pryor in that case.

The
university's head enforcer of NCAA rules told the paper they will look
into the matter but they don't believe they have done anything wrong.<blockquote>

"We'll
take a step back, we'll take a look at the transactions and the
values, and we'll make some determinations in consultation with the
(Big Ten) conference office and go from there," said Doug Archie,
associate athletic director and head of compliance at OSU.

"I have nothing to believe a violation has occurred," he said.</blockquote>

The Dispatch
notes that NCAA rules prohibit athletes and their relatives from
receiving discounts that are not offered to the general public.

Jack
Maxton owner Jeff Mauk and Auto Direct owner Jason Goss both told
Archie they never have given athletes special deals. They also,
according to The Dispatch, "routinely call Archie's office when
an athlete is ready to buy a car, provide the purchase price and
discuss who will co-sign on a loan."

But Archie said he relies on the car dealers to provide accurate information.<blockquote>

"I'm
not a car expert. We have to rely on their integrity and their word
when it comes to selling a car," he said. Ohio State runs "spot checks"
on some transactions against the Kelley Blue Book value.

Archie
said that he'd rather one or two dealerships didn't receive all the OSU
business. "It's something from a compliance perspective that I would
rather not have," he said.</blockquote>

The Dispatch's research uncovered information on one sale:<blockquote>

Public
records show that in 2009, a 2-year-old Chrysler 300 with less than
20,000 miles was titled to then-sophomore linebacker Thaddeus Gibson.
Documents show the purchase price as $0.

Mauk could not explain
it. "I don't give cars for free," he said. Gibson said he was unaware
the title on his car showed zero as the sales price. "I paid for the
car, and I'm still paying for it," he said, declining to answer further
questions.</blockquote>

Going further, the paper asked officials
at two national car-valuation companies -- National Automobile Dealers
Association and Kelley Blue Book -- to estimate the value of the cars at
the time of purchase. The values they estimated were higher than the
price paid in nearly half of the transactions. But they said it's
difficult to accurately evaluate the sales without seeing the vehicles
to assess condition and options.

"No one can tell you what a car's worth," Goss said.

The Dispatch
also spoke to two former NCAA enforcement officials on the condition of
anonymity, and they told the paper individually there's cause for
concern.

The two collectively have decades of NCAA compliance
experience. Neither had ever heard of so many athletes buying cars from
the same salesman.

The newspaper also reported the following about Kniffin:<blockquote>

Goss
and Kniffin both have attended seven football games as guests of
players, including the 2007 national championship and the 2009 Fiesta
Bowl. At some point after 2008, Archie barred Kniffin from the players'
pass list because OSU rules prohibit athletes from inviting people with
whom they do business.</blockquote>

Toward the end of the story, The Dispatch
also reported Kniffin has had financial problems since 2006, including
owing more than $130,000 to the IRS, and noting his $570,000 Delaware
County home is in foreclosure.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/05/ohio-state-to-investigate-deals-athletes-received-on-used-cars/1

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I didn't want to start another thread just for a post in regards to overrated black quarterback Terrelle Pryor, so I though I'd post here. Here is an article about how he is going to be eligible for the supplemental NFL draft, even though he is not a legitimate prospect outside of his "superior athletic abilities" since he has dark pigmentation.

Of course, the Yahoo! thought police are on the job. In response to a fellow who posted about us "evil white devils" who dare to criticize this bruva:

You white folks are the worst, most horrible things to ever happen to this planet. Everything is hate, hate, hate, hate, discrimination, bias, lies, greed, theft, incest, hate, hate, hate....

The league is playing with Pryor's eligibility for the purpose of you all, the devils on this planet, because the media and all you "upstanding white citizens" have decided to vilify the guy mercilessly.........

I posted the following comment, which was summarily deleted:

This is the most laughable post I've seen in awhile. Us "white devils" who have made the current spoils system in pro sports possible for blacks. Look at the percentage of black players vs white players in the NFL and then call us "white devils". We are the ultimate enablers! And it starts early. Did you know that over half of the states in the US (including states like Louisiana) have a white RB as the leading rusher in the state, yet "recruiting services" such as Rivals list only 1 or 2 whites in the TOP 100 for the position? White devils indeed!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I didn't want to start another thread just for a post in regards to overrated black quarterback Terrelle Pryor, so I though I'd post here. Here is an article about how he is going to be eligible for the supplemental NFL draft, even though he is not a legitimate prospect outside of his "superior athletic abilities" since he has dark pigmentation.

Of course, the Yahoo! thought police are on the job. In response to a fellow who posted about us "evil white devils" who dare to criticize this bruva:

I posted the following comment, which was summarily deleted:

I can't believe they deleted your comment. It wasn't inflammatory at all. Just a statement of facts. Oh well, maybe facts are more dangerous then opinions!

Riddlewire

Master
I doubt they care at all about posts that are/aren't "inflammatory".
But they would burn down the entire internet to keep someone from exposing their cult-marx recruiting scam. And he specifically pointed out Rivals' bias, and Rivals is owned by Yahoo.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good call, Riddlewire.

Glad you posted over there, FootballDad! They need exposing and then some.