2010 NFL Preseason

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Here's Jordan excellent return for anyone interested.

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeawLwgU7MQ[/TUBE]

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
^^^I love that stuff, that's gotta be the first thing you show when you do highlites!!!!! Thanks for the post/link.

snow

Mentor
Oh yeah sorry I forgot to link the video I was talking about, the one with all of the Bengals players (mostly white ones)

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVX_6tX_bGA[/TUBE]

Notice how Chris Collinsworth is finding a negative about Shipley after he just had a 64 yard punt return, saying he doesn't have good top end speed. The only reason he didn't make it to the endzone is because he had to make a bunch of cuts.

icsept

Master
Good point, Snow. This has been discussed many times here on Caste Football. The announcers feel a compelling need to mix in a negative comment about a white player who has just left a wake of affletes sprawled on the turf. Collinsworth probably doesn't even realize he's doing it, but I still hate him for it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It looks like Leonard's injury will not threaten his season. He will probably sit out the rest of preseason and be good to go. Its encouraging to see Palmer talk highly of Leonard and indicate they have a specific package of plays specifically for Brian.

jaxvid said:
devans said:
How often do they not show a long punt retrun, and the longest reception in the game highlights?</div>

Never! unless it's a white guy. This is part of the subtle programming that goes on all of the time. I don't even think the guys that do it realize it. How can you not show a long punt return? It's one of the most exciting parts of a game.

One account I read said that Shipley should have made a fair catch.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Collinsworth(less) needs to shut his pie hole & get back to snortin' the afrolete jockstrap. He's a 2-bit puke & quintessential caste lackey.

TwentyTwo

Master
Julian Edelman tore it up tonight with 6 receptions for 90 yards inabout2 1/2quarters+ a nice 40 yard punt return on the first play! Dude has a bright future! Very elusive, quick &amp; shifty! How many times did I hear Welker's name....

One blog describedEdelman as a "beast" tonight!

qj

Guru
No doubt, Shipley and Jones looked much better than whiner #1 and whiner #2. Jones' 28-yard catch was really athletic. Did you all notice just how badly he outmaneuvered the DB? Jones is surely correct when he says he knows how to get open. Shipley's big punt return was really sweet too. Yet, you would have never known what happened unless you watched the whole game, as all the lowlights on the boob tube were about the twidiots, even though they did absolutely zippo during the game. Every time I see these overpaid, whiny bums talked up on the tube, it just about makes me puke.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tom Zbikowski had a long punt return tonight against Carolina and also had a hit on the QB that caused a fumble. He looks primed to be a big-time safety. Hopefully the ridiculously over-rated Ed Reed will maintain his injury prone ways so that Tommy Z can keep playing.

Tyler Brayton had 2 sacks in less than a quarter before hurting an ankle, didn't seem too serious. Dan Connor started in the middle and hopefully will get to play there all season. Paul Kruger looks very good for the Ravens (2nd round draft pick last year). Joe Flacco looked great, I'll be surprised if he doesn't become a superstar, and Matt Moore looked very good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Julian Edelman is a stud. He has speed, power, vision and the moves to turn on a dime. I love the potential of this kid. The Pats are fun to watch. Just wait till Gronkowski tears it up at tightend.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I hope Dan Connor's surgically-repaired knee continues to hold up, because I didn't watch him play when he was at Penn State, and I'm really curious to see what he can achieve in the NFL.

Mighty Joe

The Baltimore v Panthers game was fairly decent defensively.Its good seeing Jason Phillips who was a beast at TCU lead the Ravens in tackles.Hopefully he gets more playing time this season.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Tom Zbikowski had a long punt return tonight against Carolina and also had a hit on the QB that caused a fumble. He looks primed to be a big-time safety. Hopefully the ridiculously over-rated Ed Reed will maintain his injury prone ways so that Tommy Z can keep playing.
<div></div>
<div>Tyler Brayton had 2 sacks in less than a quarter before hurting an ankle, didn't seem too serious. Dan Connor started in the middle and hopefully will get to play there all season. Paul Kruger looks very good for the Ravens (2nd round draft pick last year). Joe Flacco looked great, I'll be surprised if he doesn't become a superstar, and Matt Moore looked very good.</div>

Tommy Z was very hyped up his junior year in college. I remember every draft site stating he would be a very effective starter in the NFL. All of a sudden his senior season his draft stock went down. I guess maybe these idiots thought he was 10 % black or something and then found out he's completely white.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I noticed that Julian Edelman's electric 40-yard punt return, nor any of his 1st half catches, were shown on ESPN's "highlights"Â￾ during halftime of the Ravens-Panthers game. Instead, they showed an unexciting 2-yard TD run by Lawrence Maroney. Gee, the same thing "accidentally"Â￾ happened to Jordan Shipley during his punt return (which was far and beyond the most exciting play of that boring-ass game) a couple days ago, what gives? The presentation of NFL game highlights is as predictable as the ocean tides. Race politics infest every corner of this counterfeit society.

As for the Pat's receiving corps"¦Brandon Tate and Taylor Price, Edelman's main "competition,"Â￾ had one catch between them. Torry Holt may be released and Sam Aiken will be playing special teams only. It's going to be difficult to keep Edelman off the field. Then again, every NFL team, for decades, has proven that they'd rather lose than draft and give playing time to white athletes. Edelman is already one of the best "after the catch"Â￾ WR's in the NFL. Just ask the Saints' slow-footed DB's. If he doesn't outright win the spot opposite Randy Moss (with Welker in the slot), hopefully the Pats find a way to utilize his abilities"¦perhaps as a 4th WR or a scat back.

Edelman is more proof of the remarkably obvious difference in athleticism when comparing white and black WRs. He was a college QB at Kent State who only began playing WR last year"¦whereas Tate and Price, who've been playing WR their entire careers, can barely manage to get open and record a single reception. Edited by: Thrashen

Kaptain

Master
What would really be sweet is for Randy Moss to get injured and have a NE starting line-up of Edelman and Welker along with the new white TE. The DWFs that say Welker is over-rated are only encouraged by Edelman's performance. They contend that anybody will get yards in that roll in NE. Never mind that before Welker came those numbers were not produced. They also give credit for Welker's production to playing opposite of Randy Moss. Never mind what Randy did in Oakland and the fact the he has looked rather mediocre as of late. That's why I'd love to see Moss go down combined with the Patriots looking better without him.

snow

Mentor
Riley Cooper has been doing great against the Jaguars. Has several catches, including one for 40+ yards. I can't believe this guy is supposedly fighting for a 4th receiver spot. He's got the same game speed as Maclin and his hands are as good as Avant's, plus hes almost the size of Hank Baskett. He should at least be fighting for the number 3 spot, but I suspect the reasoning for it is they want him to have to play special teams, like someone said in another post. White guys have to play special teams to stick on a roster, and the 4th receiver has to be a good special teams player to stick on the roster.
Edited by: snow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maclin and Jackson are both "acclaimed" young receivers so there's no way Cooper will be allowed to compete for one of their two spots no matter how beastly his ability. It's ridiculous to make him a possession guy but trying to replace Avant by next year looks to be the best case scenario for him. It's a shameCooper was drafted by the Eagles and drafted so late. He'll probably have to wait to become a free agent to get a chance to start somewhere, if then. A major injury to Jackson or Maclin would help. . .

snow

Mentor
Well being that Maclin is injured already and Jackson is 175 pounds, it has a good chance of happening. Schillinger just had a interception returned for 28 yards for the Falcons.

The fact that slightly above average players like Maclin that have already been proclaimed superstars and no one is allowed to compete for their roster spot is proof that the best players don't always play, which is what dwfs always claim why white guys don't play. "the coaches play the best guy"

Chad Hall is lining up as a runningback for the Eagles and just had a nice play.Edited by: snow

JReb1

Mentor
Cooper should definitely be a 1 or 2 WR. Riley is to good too risk his health and future be being a WSTD...

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Who gains more total yards tonight, Peyton Hillis or Toby Gerhart? I'll say Toby.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
Cooper should definitely be a 1 or  2 WR. Riley is to good too risk his health and future be being a WSTD...

Right on. He should be starting or getting alotta reps.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I say Toby Gerhart gets more yards but mostly because Hillis won't get to run that ball nearly as much. I hope they both get alot of opportunities to run the ball tonight.

snow

Mentor
Albert Young is running with the second team. They are praising his "ability to pick up the blitz, which is what is what you need in a 3rd downback, even though its 1st down here". He lost 4 yards on his first run, and didn't do anything with a dump off pass..... This is frustrating.

snow

Mentor
Albert Young has 3 rushes for -6 yards. Toby Gerhart finally made an appearance and got a dump off pass but Dahl sniffed it out and it didn't reach him.