2010 Kentucky Wildcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Massa Brooks is gone, but will the new coach Phillips be any better in recruiting and playing White athletes? UK has started 11, 8, 3, 4, and 3 Whites since '05, making them one of the Whitest and one of the darkest Systematically Excluding Caucasian (SEC) teams in a 3 year span. Some Whites who may see playing time include FB Greg Meisner, RG Dave Ulinski, C Sam Simpson, LG Jake Lanefski, LT Billy Joe Murphy, and LE Patrick Ligon. Kentucky looks to rebound caste-wise this season, most likely having 8 White starters. Let's hope the improvement continues.

Offense
QB Mike Hartline
TE Nick Melillo
LT Chandler Burden
LG Stuart Hines
C Matt Smith
RT Brad Durham

Defense
RE Taylor Wyndham
SLB Jacob Dufrene

TwentyTwo

Master
Besides Vanderbilt...Kentucky had been one of the whitest teams in the SEC...theymust have thoughtwhite's had to be to blame for the losing...so to keep up with the Jones's...they got more affletes....thinking this was the winning ticket(even most of the O-Line)...Guess what?? It did not help them win more...

Good to see the O-Line ramp back up where it belongs....Hines could be one to watch...

Wyndam is only a sphomore..1 of his 2 sacksinfamous hit to Tebow causing the concussion...gave his confidence a major boost...imagine him watching the replays on ESPN over & over & over....Dufrene is a south Louisiana boy...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Only about 8 % of Kentucky is black so you would expect them to recruit more local kids.

Yeah, we can make that same argument for a lot of states all over the country. That fact that they don't is evidence enough of anti-white discrimination.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Colonel, this football team actually isn't too bad compared to their basketball team. Every single year Kentucky is almost coal black. Also, remember how white teams like Utah and Idaho used to be? It wasn't even too long ago. It's not like the racial demographics of the country have changed tremendously this decade.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Two of my local FCS teams, North Dakota and South Dakota State, I know recruit a lot of local guys, and it shows in their starting lineups. The Sioux don't have a black guy starting for the them, and I believe SDSU had around 18-21 white starters last year.

I'm guessing the two white starters on defense will be more than just about any other non-Vanderbilt SEC team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Outside of the hispanic population boom this decade, you are right about the demographics not changing much, wa33. Utah and Idaho are really horrible recent examples of refusing to use local White talent. Its a shame really, because I'm convinced the playing level would be improved if they were fair to in-state/region Whites.

Jack, I agree with your guess. Sad to think that even having a "token" White or two on defense is going against the grain. Such is the extent of the caste pandering in the South.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Only about 8 % of Kentucky is black so you would expect them to recruit more local kids.
Yeah, we can make that same argument for a lot of states all over the country. That fact that they don't is evidence enough of anti-white discrimination.

Also football powerhouse Ohio is just to the north of Kentucky, with lots of great white players to choose from. You can make it in 1.5 hours from Lexington to Cincinnati, a city with tons of white athletes who are D1 bred. However, the unspoken rule in college football is to always recruit south of your state, never north. I cannot count how many times I've seen northern Big 10/MAC schools go south to get kids but you'll never see a school go north to get talent, especially if it's a white player. Of all the states that border Ohio, its only Kentucky that never goes into OH and gets players. Michigan, PA, W. Virginia, and Indiana all have rosters with tons of players (many are white) from the Buckeye State. UK is really losing out.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
You also can't forget that all of the "top rated talent" is from the south, where there are more supa affletes. If UK recruited all of those low-rated white kids, they would have a "terrible" recruiting season and the alumni, boosters, DWF's, and punditswould be calling for the ouster of the coach IMMEDIATELY.

That, and the fact that the coaches also give a nod to "black athletic superiority" means that it's highly unusual for a major D1 university to recruit mostly white kids, especially at the caste positions.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
All great points, gentlemen. Its a mess down here.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I watched a Kentucky football preseason show on Fox Sports South, and I think they said that Randall Cobb (black) was supposed to be their Quarterback.

Nonetheless, Mike Hartline was their QB against Florida, and, according to the stats, has been "the man" from game 1. http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188612

Also, here's their "4-star" black quarterback from the state of Indiana, sophomore Morgan Newton... http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=480265

He has been nothing but a dink-and-dunker, and he lacks pocket presence. A Jordan Jefferson "clone" - perhaps?
smiley36.gif