2010 Indoor Track Season.

trackster

Mentor
LeMaitre is such a feel-good story that I didn't want to stick this annoying article about him in his folder, so I'm sticking it here. A French journalist writes about the bright hopes in French sprinting, LeMaitre being one. He starts off by saying that the other guy has more potential. Note that the other guy is five years older than LeMaitre and has yet to equal LeMaitre's best time. The other guy is stagnating while LeMaitre gets faster every day. I'm sure you've already guessed why he just assumes the other guy is better.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.france-jeunes.net%2Flire-quel-est-le-reel-niveau-des-sprinteurs-francais-26178.htm&sl=fr&tl=en

There's really no purpose in following this link. It's just a slap in the face. But let's look at the bright side: In another couple of months--whenever LeMaitre finally gets to run outdoors and smash 10--we won't ever have to see any more articles like this!!!!! Well, at least in France (but that's a start).

The Master

Guru
trackster said:
LeMaitre is such a feel-good story that I didn't want to stick this annoying article about him in his folder, so I'm sticking it here. A French journalist writes about the bright hopes in French sprinting, LeMaitre being one. He starts off by saying that the other guy has more potential. Note that the other guy is five years older than LeMaitre and has yet to equal LeMaitre's best time. The other guy is stagnating while LeMaitre gets faster every day. I'm sure you've already guessed why he just assumes the other guy is better.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.france-jeunes.net%2Flire-quel-est-le-reel-niveau-des-sprinteurs-francais-26178.htm&sl=fr&tl=en

There's really no purpose in following this link. It's just a slap in the face. But let's look at the bright side: In another couple of months--whenever LeMaitre finally gets to run outdoors and smash 10--we won't ever have to see any more articles like this!!!!! Well, at least in France (but that's a start).

It's not made by a journalist but by young guys, actually, it's a website for teenagers who write articles like journalists. but they are not.

StarWars

Mentor
Angel David Rodriguez ran 6.67 and moves on to the semis! He has never looked so good in a big competition like this! With a PB of 6.60 it looks like he has a good chance of making it to the finals.

I have to say this is one of the weakest 60 meter fields in an indoor world championship I've ever seen though. Cerutti, Collio, Di Gregorio, Pickering, or Lemaitre could all medal in this. It would take a mid 6.5 I'd imagine.

StarWars

Mentor
David Gillick and Bershawn Jackson will battle the 400 meter final out tomorrow. Gillick has lane 3, probably one of the best lane draws. I want him to break 45.5.

Ivan Ukhov is leading the high jump. In fact, are there even any blacks at all in the finals, lol? I thought they were the highest jumpers...

Mitchell Watt jumped 8.00 meters in the LJ on his first shot and leads the field. Just Wow.

Christian Olsson jumped a 17.07 meter TJ on his first shot and is currently sitting at #2.

Whites may sweep 1st place IN EVERY JUMPING EVENT!!!

StarWars

Mentor
Actually Fabrice Lapierre leads in the LJ with Watt in 2nd for now but the finals should produce some 8.2 plus jumps for the white Aussies! Mastermulti, maybe it's not a bad thing the Aussies don't sprint anymore because they are even better long jumpers.

Mitchell Watt and Fabrice Lapierre (both white) are the favorites, with Godfrey Makonea a threat for Gold also. In the medal hunt is Christian Reif of Germany and Andriy Makarchev of Ukraine. Salim Sdiri looks to be either white, Arab, or mixed race in that order. I can't tell, but anyways hes in the mix. Tomlinson is out with a dissapointing 7.8m.

Excited to see the 400, maybe the 60 final if Rodriguez makes it, the high jump, pole vault, long jump, 800 (young Polish guy seeded second), shot put, and pentahlon (anybody but Clay.....).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well Chambers won the 60 finals in a time of 6.48 seconds. It's amazing how this drug cheat just keeps getting faster despite his age. It makes you wonder. David Gillick collided with Batman and got disqualified. I haven't seen the race yet but it sounds like he got cut off bad as he tried to pass on the inside lane of the final curve. The same thing happened in the semis and he almost fell down there too as Batman just ran him off the track. No medal for Gillick. What a shame. He will be better outdoors as his taller size will not have to deal with the tight indoor tracks. Looking forward to the 60 hurdles and long jump finals.

StarWars

Mentor
The 400 indoors is a joke unless you are in the lead at 400, or are just a slow starter. Other than that, everyone is just getting boxed out and the race is just luck. That's half the reason the times are so much slower than outdoors.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is the race. David was about to go into 2nd and he would have been right behind the leader going into the final straight away. He went from a possible gold and as worst a silver, to no medal. What a shame. He will be angry this summer and looking for revenge! Keep your head up David. The European Championships are far more important than an indoor champs. Good luck to him this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/losseveter#p/u/3/nsn3AMOHj-EEdited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
In the LJ there was Fabrice Lapierre (1st) and Mitchell Watt (3rd). Soon the triple jump is coming up as well as the high jump and as I said earlier the white guys are outjumping the black guys pretty badly. We're not doing well in the sprints but not many people showed up to this meet so that's to be expected.

In the hurdles Liu Xiang surprised with a huge SB and made it to the finals. Peter Svoboda and Daniel Kiss, our guys, seem to be much faster though. Terrance Trammell is way ahead of the pack.

trackster

Mentor
Looks like we missed seeing one: Belgium, led by the Borlee bros (not sure who the other two were) finished second in the 4 x 400. Not bad!! Kevin Borlee will go back to running for FSU now. Apparently, Jonathan has gone pro or something. Look for them in the outdoor season.