2010 Illinois Fighting Illini

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
"The U of I has been going more and more Caste ever since Ron Zook arrived. They had 10 white starters back in 2005, 11 in 2006, 8 in 2007, and just 5 in 2008. Pathetic!"

I think Col Reb's words in last years previewpretty much sum up this team. Still wondering why Zook has a job?? They will start 4 whites..

Offense
FB- Zach Becker (6'3 252)
C- Graham Pocic (6'7 310)
* Steve Hull might see time at WR. Don't get your hopes up though, with caste master(bater) Zook calling the shots, whites need not apply for playing time
smiley7.gif

Defense
DE- Doug Pilcher (6'5 265)
SS- Garrett Edwards (6'2 210)
* What's interesting is that I found the depth chart on rivals. Yet neither Garrett Edwards or Doug Pilcher is listed on the Illinois roster. Yet when I googled their names, their Illinois profile page popped up. So is Illinois trying to hide their white starters?? Maybe it's just a glitch..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I dislike this team as much as any. At least when it comes to the SEC, the schools are in the region of the country with the highest concentration of blacks. Illinois can recruit from a large swath of the white midwest but Zook only cares about the ghettos of Chicago and other cities. I hope they have another sorry season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Don, I've noticed Zook is obsessed with the D.C. area recruiting wise!

referendum

Mentor
The Illini are so black that even their QB with the German name of Scheelhaase is black (or half black at any rate).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Why am I not surprised that this team is this black once again this season? Two words: Ron Zook. Illinois is one of the worst caste programs and a PC school to boot. They got rid of their mascot "Chief Illiniwek" back in February 2007, thanks in large part to the No Clue At All's 2005 declaration that it was *gasp* offensive. Illinois truly gives the Big-10 (or whatever it will be called) a black eye.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Why am I not surprised that this team is this black once again this season? Two words: Ron Zook. Illinois is one of the worst caste programs and a PC school to boot. They got rid of their mascot "Chief Illiniwek" back in February 2007, thanks in large part to the No Clue At All's 2005 declaration that it was *gasp* offensive. Illinois truly gives the Big-10 (or whatever it will be called) a black eye. 

I know Col. Reb I am ashamed as a born and raised Midwesterner to have Illinois in my beloved Big 10. Ron Zook has taken his Marxist Caste Teachings and applied them to a school in which the rest of the conference clearly tries to play whites at a somewhat fair rate. Why does this man who doesn't win games and got blown out in the Rose Bowl still have a job? How can school officials let this man keep coaching when its clear he doesn't have what it takes. I think the best, and realistic, scenario would be for Illinois to win 1-3 games this year, finish dead last in the conference, and then they'll boot this gut OUT!!

Riddlewire

Master
Zook's latest black quarterback is a bust.
8/23, 81yds, 1TD, 3INT against defensively mediocre Missouri in a 23-13 loss.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Zook's latest black quarterback is a bust.

8/23, 81yds, 1TD, 3INT against defensively mediocre Missouri in a 23-13 loss.

Im calling an upset alert! Look for Southern Illinois to give Illinois all it can handle when the two teams meet next week. SIU has two of the top FCS defensive backs in FS Mike McElroy(white) and CB Lindsey Woods(black) who I'm sure are licking their chops after seeing how Scheelhaase performed against MIzzou.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<div id="mainTops">
Note room brightening smile of said offender.
<a></a>
</div>

<div>
4562701.jpg
</div>

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) - Illinois has kicked
linebacker Evan Friersonoff its football team two days after he was
arrested and charged with aggravated battery.

Illinois football
coach Ron Zook said Tuesday he removed Frierson from the roster after
reviewing the circumstances surrounding his arrest early Sunday.

Champaign
police say the 20-year-old Frierson was arrested after an argument and
fight in the campus Green Street bar and restaurant district. Frierson
is accused of punching two men, sending one to a local hospital.

Frierson
was charged Monday but has not entered a plea. He did not respond to an
e-mail request for comment from The Associated Press.

Frierson is a sophomore from Washington, D.C. He played in nine games this season.http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2023356&amp;spid=

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I've seen multiple posts recently about black players who have been kicked off of their respective teams because of "allegations". Where are all of the "balancing" stories of the numerous (must be, right?) white players given the boot because of misbehavior??? I suppose we can just repost the Colts punter, Pat McAnerney's drunken outing, over and over so that we have some semblance of balance, right?
smiley29.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Its the darn media! They keep withholding most of the stories about bad White athletes. I mean, there's no way there could be that much of a difference in the way Whites and blacks behave, could there?
smiley2.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Precisely! The DWF's will always respond EXACTLY like that. They will say that the priviledged white kids are just let "off of the hook" by the evil white law enforcement folks, and only the blacks are singled out. A massive conspiracy to keep "whitey" in charge! And then the media "only" reports the black crimes. They are just SO OPPRESSED! Don't pay any attention to the BILLION$ in FREE scholarships that are awarded to these poor, downtrodden folks by the WHITEadministrators and coaches.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Caste master Zook not only stays in Ill-of-noise, but he and his staff are getting raises to boot. And a tenured prof at the U of I might be making $100K or so a year, tops. Yeah, our society really has it's priorities straight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6129724

Guenther, in wide-ranging news conference a few hours before the Illini
faced Michigan, also said football coach Ron Zook and his staff will get
raises after a 7-6 season that included a bowl win.

Zook will get a $250,000-a-year raise, boosting his salary to $1.75 million once approved by university trustees.

Zook's
staff will get raises, too. That includes offensive coordinator Paul
Petrino, who will get a $50,00 raise to $525,000 a year, and defensive
coordinator Vic Koenning, who will be paid $342,000, a $17,000 bump.

Petrino
and Koenning were hired to help revive Illinois football after most of
Zook's staff was fired after the three-win 2009 season.

Guenther
said Wednesday he expects the team to make it to a bowl game next
season, following up last season's Texas Bowl victory against Baylor. He
said getting to the postseason routinely should be the goal.

He said that's not impossible to do at Illinois, but acknowledged it isn't easy.

"The last guy to do it here was John Mackovic," Guenther said. Mackovic coached the Illini from 1988 through '91.

snow

Mentor
but...but....but....Coaches ALWAYS play the best talent because they want to win games so they don't lose their jobs :)

Zook has a record of 28-45. Last year was only his second winning season at Illinois for the 6 years hes been there...if you really want to call 7-6 a winning season. 4th in the big 10 and went to a bowl game with a 6-6 record and beat a poor Baylor team that has even less whites. More proof that you don't have to win to have job security, just have a bunch of black players. Having a black qb offers even more job security. His recuriting classes rank top in the nation every year....thats about it. Not only does he have security, he gets a raise!

Edited by: snow