2010 European Champs Live Link

mastermulti

Master
you're a genius! I'm watching the womans 400H now (6pm Sydney time) just having arrived from work, showered and settled down with a cuppa

albinosprint

Mentor
I love you man!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
isn't the afternoon session about to start? will we use the same link that WL already provided?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
weird ... i'm seeing the women's walk, which happened this morning. but on the bright side, i'll get to watch the decathletes run.
smiley4.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The afternoon session should be starting in a little while. They haven't had any events yet and that is why they are showing some of the races from this morning. They did the same thing yesterday. This same link will work just fine. As soon as the afternoon session starts, they will go to the live coverage. We are probably around a hour and a half away from the semi finals if I had to guess an approximate time.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks, WL.
smiley20.gif

you are the Sherlock Holmes of international vid linkage. no mystery is too difficult for you to solve.
smiley4.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As Elvis used to say many years ago. Thank you very much. Now if only I could solve the problems this nation is facing. Now that would be an accomplishment. This is going to be one exciting day. Christophe has to run good as only the top two advance automatically in each heat. The other two in finals are the fastest two remaining out of the three races combined.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a difference. It's working perfect. It's free to download this to your computer and you can enjoy shows year round with Veetle. Check it out guys.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
should i try and download the program before the 100 semis? i don't want to miss 'em! *laughs*

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this new link works beautifully, WL. thanks again for finding it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bump again. If you guys haven't downloaded this program. Please do. The quality is excellent and they do interviews after the races. Mostly with the British Athletes but it is still well worth it. It's free and you can watch tv or movies too. They show alot of athletics track meets on here and that is the main thing. Check it out guys.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Please click on the 2nd link for now. Veetle hasn't went to live coverage yet. It's going to be another great day at the 2010 European Championships!

mastermulti

Master
I just watched the race and the aftermath as a replay on EuroSportTV
and was delighted to see a little black French boy and his beaming (and good looking) mum getting Christophe's autograph.

Reversal of what I've been seeing for years but really nice to see. Race doesn't seem to matter when you're 6

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So true my friend. It is learned. What a nice change ofpace though. To see it the other way around after decade after decade makes it that much more special! Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It is so enjoyable watching great white athletes compete against each other! We don't get to see that very much in this country. It brings out great pride in all of us of european ancestry! Edited by: white lightning

mastermulti

Master
lOVING THIS VEEDLE LINK.

the discussion group of Jon Edwards, Michael Johnson, Colin Jackson and Steve Cram is fantastic to listen to.
I must say Johnson seems a cluey man, good point maker, clear communicator. Steve Cram is equally adept.Edited by: mastermulti

mastermulti

Master
The topic of being white came up and every body contributed. Michael Johnson said that IS an added element but that the fantastic thing about Lemaitre is not his skin colour but that he's so young and so raw which leaves just so much room for improvement in someone with so much raw speed. (essentially, but my words)

He mentioned the Jeremy Wariner "white" thing was talked about for a while until he became seen as simply taking over from where Johnson left off, as the world's premier 400 runner.

I guess when people adjust to the situation over time, it doesn't seem so strange.Edited by: mastermulti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The world would be so much better if we all just got along. The old saying and it's true but it will never happen. I don't want to be negative but it's like world peace. They have been trying since the beginning of time. It's not only whites who think they are better. Trust me my good friend. They will do anything to make us believe that. Over the last 40-50 years, whites have been as fair as can be and we have suffered. I'm for equal rights but alot of minorities are not brought up the same way. They hate whites. I have always thought that Asians are the most fair on average. They look up to and aspire to be more like whites.

Just my opinion but there is truth to this whether we like it or not. I don't hate anyone and I treat everyone with respect as long as they treat me back with the same dignity. Do onto others as they do onto you. The most important thing is to always remember where you came from. Your roots. Your family and your ancestors. Have repect for others but most important is to have respect for yourself!

mastermulti

Master
"I have always thought that Asians are the most fair on average. They look up to and aspire to be more like whites."

I'd actually be a bit disappointed if this were the case with Asian people I know. Why would they aspire to be more like whites when their own culture is so rich? Sure, fit in.. the Chinese in particular have been doing that well for years, but keeping some of the distinctives is great too.

Makes life more interesting because I don't think any one culture has a monopoly on wisdom.

And imagine the crap we'd still be eating if others hadn't contributed (I keep thinking of my old mum's three soggy veg and overcooked mashed potato with sausages or chops, greasy fish and chips from the takeaway on Friday nights LOL)

Edited by: mastermulti