2010 European Championships

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Laura Turner reminds me of Paul Hession. If you look at the both of them, you might think they are not that fast. Then they step on the track and blow people away. On top of that, they are both two of the nicest people that you could ever meet. I know JimmyChitwood also loves Laura Turner and I can't blame the guy. She is so talented.

Yes my sexy Verena Sailer is through to the next round. I can only imagine her in a mini skirt, blouse and heels as I take her out for a nice dinner and dancing. Hehehe. She is fun to watch!

albinosprint

Mentor
mastermulti said:
Sailer fastest qualifier. I hope Turner wasn't trying too hard!

What the heck's happened to Lalova over the years. Ottey has run faster than that recently (at 50)

she got into a accident, fractured her thigh bone and just was never the same. total shame!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We are only around a hour away. After the discus we have 3 rounds of the womens 400 meters. Then we have the hotly contested mens 400 meters semifinals. Then off course we get to the mens semifinals in the 100 meters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i like the 400 meters a lot. it is probably my favorite sprint event. not surprisingly, what is considered the most physically taxing of all the sprints is where White people really shine (despite decades of indoctrination that they aren't good enough).

when things get tough, White people get going.
smiley20.gif

also, any time the White ladies run, i like to watch.
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree with the 400 meters being very enjoyable to watch. For many different reasons. Lee McConnel is a cutie. There are so many beautiful sprinters out there.

It's time for the Mens 400 meters. I hope Gillick, Borlee and all of the favorites make it to the finals. It could set up one of the most epic finals in Euro Champs History.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i know white lightning likes Ivet Lalova, but i eagerly await the return of another lady Bulgarian sprinter ... Tezdzhan Naimova.

Naimova completely dominated the world at the 2006 World Juniors, winning in convincing fashion both the 100- and 200-meters. she made a sparkling debut to the pro scene in 2007, but then struggled mightily with injuries and eventually a 2-year ban from manipulating an out-of-competition urine test.

hopefully, she will return to form next year. she is smoking fast. she also looks smoking hot.
smiley4.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
damn. the feed keeps lagging. *mutters with frustration*

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow. the Russian (and former Soviet satellite nations) women completely dominated the 400. all three Russians qualified, as #1, #3, and #4. then a Ukrainian qualified #5, and if i recall my history correctly Czechoslavakia used to be part of the USSR ... and a Czech qualified #7. that's 5 of 8 finalists. damn.

i expect a never-endinglitany of "only Russian women can compete in the 400-meters" to begin immediately from the jewish press corps of the US.
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I know my friend. I wonder how many people are trying to watch this. Some internet feeds are better than others. It may take "The Master" 20 seconds to go 100 meters with this video. Hopefully it gets better. Worse case scenario, I will try to find another feed before the finals tonight.

Naimova is smoking hot. My favorite at the moment is Sailer of Germany.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i have a crush on Verena Sailer.
smiley9.gif

i should add that most every real German lady sprinter appears to be good looking, as well as a good athlete. i need to travel to Germany ... Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the first Borlee to run really showed his closing speed down the stretch. i hope Rooney advances as one of the two fastest losers ... i kept waiting for him to hit the gas, but his burst never came.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
WL, the announcer said it might've been the fastest semifinal heat ever run in European Championship history. i can believe it, since Rooney ran a 45.00 and was not even in the top two. Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if i'm not mistaken, Johnathan Borlee set a new national record with his run ... in the semifinals! 44.71. wow.

i hope he didn't burn too much of his tank. if this is any indication, the finals should be blazing fast ...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm looking at the official results now, and 6 of the 8 runners in that heat ran either season- or personal-bests. and Rooney wasn't one of them. simply amazing for a semifinal heat.

albinosprint

Mentor
I hope Rooney makes it on time.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
these guys are not playing around! heat 2 of the semifinals had 5 of8 runners hit season- or personal-bests. amazing.

i like how Gillick reeled in the "briton" down the stretch, like a champion angler reeling in a big fish. he looked completelycomposed and in control.
smiley32.gif

also, the lag is really becoming unbearable. i didn't get to see any of the 2nd heat until they showed the various replays.
smiley42.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How about the Polish Sprinter running a p.b. of 45.23! Then Gillick was amazing running a 44.80 as well. One more heat to go. The 400 Finals will be historic!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Borlee Brothers are awesome. They remind me of the Klitschkos of the 400 meters.

It's time for Lemaitre. Come on Christophe. Go out there and kick some ass!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the pre-race antics of the "british"conrad williams shows that no matter where they are, they all act like buffoons ... what's that old expression?

anyway, the 3rd semifinal was by far the slowest. but the other Borlee (Kevin) looked at ease, winning in 45.32. the Russian Vladimir Krasnov is just 19 years of age! his future looks to be brilliant. his second-place finish assures him a berth in the finals, but his time of 45.64 will be the slowest time of the 8.

meanwhile, the affleticism and room-brightening capabilities of the "brit" finish well back in 6th.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
6 of the 8 finalists in the men's 400 are White. here's hoping for a clean sweep of the precious metalmedals.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Are you guys watching this on Veetle? That link works flawlessly.

i'm downloading the program now. thanks, man.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the link looks incredible, WL. awesome find, man!