2010 Draft: Your list of overrated "WGAs"

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Great post dwid! Me and you think alike. I posted about Kahil Bell getting a shot with the Bears, comparing him to Sharp getting ignored in the thread "The Bears are Nuts!" a while back in the Chicago forum. I also listed a bunch of RBs Sharp should have gotten invited over, from this year, in the combine thread- in the college forum. You could add recently invited RBs Shawnbrey McNeal and Darius Marshall to my former list.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
You could also make a strong argument that Trevyn Smith from Weber State deserved an invite. I base this on his coveted size/athletic measurement ratio and production in the FCS (fellow FCS RB Pat Paschall's best year was very similar to Smith's, but his career was less productive than Smith and he is slower than Smith. Paschall got invited). You could also make an argument for Luke Lippincott. He had a very productive career for Nevada and played as well as the hyped Vai Taua this year on slightly less carries (although his 40 time would probably not raise his draft stock 4.6?.)

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
This write-up looks pretty good. Although I don't agree with everything, here's what I like:

1 -- Most of the info about the '07 Draft is essentially in one place. It also shows that the 1st Round picks are overwhelmingly black, and the rest of the draft is mostly black as well, of course.

2 -- I think he's fair in his analysis of Trent Edwards. He seems to acknowledge that Edwards' was showing promise previously, but his production "fell off" last year for whatever reasons (bad O-line is likely one of the reasons).

3 -- He looked at production, and calls folks flops regardless of their pigment, and, of course, almost all of those "flops" are of a darker-hue. This is probably the best we can get from the Caste media.

However, I disagree with his idea that, if someone is a starter, that this automatically makes them "bonafide" or indicates that they are producing. I'm mainly talking about his brief analysis of the later-round selections.

Re-grading 2007 draft: Three-year look back gives real picture

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13313391/regrading-2007-draft-threeyear-look-back-gives-real-picture?tag=globalNav.nfl;cover

(Before I highlite some of the analysis, I'll just say that I disagree that Brady Quinn "failed" -- but I'm also fairly happy that he is now away from that cursed organization.

Onto Greg Olsen. Personally, I'm not entirely sold on him, but nonetheless, it wasn't hard to see that he is unlikely to produce "monster" numbers under Hatie Smiff's totalitarian reign, not to mention his love of sumo O-linemen. It probably would be better if Olsen was traded, but it probably won't happen this year.)

Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals hit big on first-round pick Leon Hall. He is a top-tier corner they landed with the 18th pick in the first round. He could have been a Pro Bowl player in 2009 and might be this season. He's that good. The rest of the draft produced little. Second-round pick Kenny Irons, a running back, was a bust. The only player of note from the rest of the draft is safety Chinedum Ndukwe, who has started off and on for three years after being a seventh-round pick. The Bengals had seven picks and hit just two.

In this case, he did not list the other 4 picks. I'll post a link to one of the unmentioned - a 4th Round afflete - because it shows all of Cincinnati's draft selections in one place:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_White

Houston Texans

The Texans used the 10th pick on defensive tackle Amobi Okoye. He has been a decent starter but nowhere near as good as expected. Second-round pick Jacoby Jones has been more of a return man than a receiver, getting just four starts as a wideout. Third-round pick Fred Bennett has started 17 games in three seasons. The best value came at the bottom of the draft. Sixth-round pick Kasey Studdard started 13 games at left guard in 2009, and seventh-round pick Zac Diles started 12 games at linebacker last season. Studdard took over the guard spot when Chester Pitts went down with an injury. He will be challenged for his job by a handful of players this summer. Okoye has to play better to help their grade.

Prisco pretty much stated the truth about Okoye. When he was selected, he was instantly proclaimed a "superstar" -- and we were told that he was such a "man-child" and "physical freak"... I give Prisco some "props" here.

Kansas City Chiefs

They had seven picks and all they have to show for their draft is one starter (receiver Dwayne Bowe) and backup running back Kolby Smith. That's not a good haul. Bowe, the first-round pick, has been a good player. But the Chiefs blew picks on defensive linemen in the second and third rounds; Turk McBride and Tank Tyler are now with other teams. Smith is a solid backup who has started, so he has some value as a fifth-round pick. But that's it.

It's so easy to pick on the KC BlackChiefs!! I distinctly remember watching Turk's "highlights" and noticing that they were weak as hell. At the same time, the talking-heads were telling us about his "magical" abilities... he was from the SEC (Tennessee) afterall...

Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles didn't have a first-round pick, trading it to Dallas to get more picks later. That didn't stop them from adding quality players. With their first of two second-round picks, they took quarterback Kevin Kolb. He will be their starter in 2010. Defensive end Victor Abiamiri came with the other second-round pick. He started five games last season but has been a bit of a disappointment. They got starting middle linebacker Stewart Bradley in the third round. Bradley missed last season with a knee injury, but he should be back this season. Another gem came in the fifth round when the Eagles took starting tight end Brent Celek. He is by far the best value pick. The big miss was third-round running back Tony Hunt, a player I thought would be really good. He didn't play in 2009 after being let go by the Eagles. This class will be graded down the road on how well Kolb plays.

Good write-up! This was wayyyy back in the day.. when the Eagles' actually drafted a few White athletes. This has come to be known as the "White racist" Draft!

They decided that they wouldn't select "anymore of those White scrubs"...

I'm finished! Cheers!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Prisco is mainly a black-worshipper (what else is new?), but I consider this particular article to be solid.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Will there ever be another Reggie White or Bruce Smith? Right now, it doesn't look that way. This is something that I think a black writer might actually touch on.

He may not expose the whole AA Caste System, but he'll ask - "why is there a severe lack of 'quality' D-linemen in the NFL?"

Anyhow, if 2-year athlete Chris Long is a "bust" - http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11236

Then what are these 3-year fellows? Contrary to what Prisco said, Abiamiri has been absolutely awful:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10501

Jarvis Moss - http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10461

Turk McBride - http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10498

And, Mr. Wassall posted about Jamaal Anderson in the Atlanta forum. What's going on here? Wake UP DWFs!!

Edited by: Deadlift

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Bruce Campbell's fall in the draft, get this, was due to a severe learning disability! Ha! go figure!

Bob Glauber: Severe learning disability is the reason behind Bruce Campbell's draft-day fall.