2010-2011 College Basketball Season

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jon Leuer led the way for Wisconsin as they beat <NOBR>Boston College<OBR> 65-55. Leuer had 18 points, 7rebounds, 3assists, and 3 blocks! Freshman Josh Gasser had 8 points and 6 rebounds. Keaton Nakivil had 6 points and 7 rebounds and Mike Brusewitz went for 6 points and 4 rebounds. This is a very underrated Wisconsin team. After a mediocre performance against Manhattan it seems they are stepping their level of play up. If you can, tune in to watch Wisconsin play Notre Dame tomorrow, it will be a great display of white talent.(Most likely be on ESPN2.) Edited by: celticdb15

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kyle Singler led number one ranked Duke to a blowout victory over Oregon. He had 31 points and got to play against his little brother. EJ Singler had a nice game with 16 points despite being in foul trouble. What an athletic family they are. Good to see Kyle put up a show in front of his home crowd where he grew up.

The next NBA draft looks pretty weak. Singler could be a top five pick. Failing that, top ten.
Donatas Motiejunas looks to be a very high pick.
If Singler could go to the right team then he could be the Rookie of the Year. The NBA needs more talented white small forwards. The NBA has good white power forwards, centers, and guards but lacks a signature white small forward.

Singler is a great prospect. He could also gave another NCAA championship under his belt by the time the draft rolls around. Right now the top two picks are projected to be Harrison Barnes (overrated) and Perry Jones (an Anthony Rsndolph-style enigma). Singler is better than both. Having a white American drafted in the top 3 or the top 5 would be a huge victory.

j41181

Master
Donatas Montiejunas looks like the 2nd coming of Andrea Bargnani (weak in rebounds). Another intriguing Lithuanian is JONAS VALANCIUNAS...

Jonas Valanciunas

He's got a solid low-post game. He often gets compared to Pau Gasol, but I see visible traces of a Kevin McHale / Tim Duncan-like game in him. He likes to bang, is very athletic, solid in rebounds & block shots, and is remarkably good at the FT line. Keep your eye on this kid. Lithuanian Basketball is alive and kicking!
smiley2.gif

Kyle Singler is a tremendous talent, and he excels especially on the defensive end. He's like a taller version of Kirk Hinrich. If Duke makes it to the 2011 Final Four or repeats as champs, no way he's not a top 3 or 5 pick. I hope the team that picks him let's him play right away.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If anyone is keeping track... woman-beaters Tre'von Willis (UNLV) and LaceDarius Dunn (Baylor) are back on the court after being slapped-on-the-wrists by their "schools"... their "esteemed universities"

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I watched the 1st half of the Virginia/Minnesota game, and Virginia was coming back at the end of the half.

I didn't watch the 2nd half, but I saw the final score.. and Virginia WON!! HAHA!

Minnesota has a few Whites, but Virginia has more in their rotation, and I don't mind that Minnesota will likely fall from their #13 ranking.. (In the 1st half, some of Virginia's Whites made nice steals and were getting to loose balls; They looked pretty sound.)

Jack Lambert said:
Rotnei Clarke, the deadly Arkansas Sharphooter (when his teammates care to pass him the ball.)

Rotnei+Clarke.jpg

Since when did Toby Gerhart start playing basketball for the Razorbacks? Is he even eligible?

j41181 said:
Donatas Montiejunas looks like the 2nd coming of Andrea Bargnani (weak in rebounds). Another intriguing Lithuanian is JONAS VALANCIUNAS...

Jonas Valanciunas

He's got a solid low-post game. He often gets compared to Pau Gasol, but I see visible traces of a Kevin McHale / Tim Duncan-like game in him. He likes to bang, is very athletic, solid in rebounds & block shots, and is remarkably good at the FT line. Keep your eye on this kid. Lithuanian Basketball is alive and kicking!
smiley2.gif

Kyle Singler is a tremendous talent, and he excels especially on the defensive end. He's like a taller version of Kirk Hinrich. If Duke makes it to the 2011 Final Four or repeats as champs, no way he's not a
top 3 or 5 pick. I hope the team that picks him let's him play right away.

I want to see Singler go to a team where he fits in. Maybe the Cavs. They could build around him with JJ Hickson inside, Vareajao doing the dirty work, scoring point guards in Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson and Ramon Sessions along with solid team players in Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon. Singler would blend in well with those guys. He can score from anywhere, Mo can hit from the outside, and Hickson can score inside. Then they still have some hustle guys and some spot up shooters. But if the Cavs make the playoffs then maybe they can get one of those Lithuanian guys.

Singler would also be a good pick for the Clippers. They could build around him, Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon. Then you still have Chris Kaman at center. DeAndre Jordan is a good back up big man, and you can make Aminu the sixth man (he is like Luol Deg). Then trade Baron Davis for a true point guard and a back up shooting guard with size.
That would be a good up and coming team with balanced offense, and a great rebounding team.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Tar Babies lost again... John Henson had 16 points, but only a paltry 6 boards..

"Supaman" Harrison Barnes had just 8 points. A few games ago, even the announcers' were "critiquing" Larry Drew (who was a "4 or 5 star" a few years ago)..

When I evaluate guard play, I'm looking for consistency. Contrary to the MSMs "Caste-machine" -- a few good plays doesn't make one a "star."

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
The Tar Babies lost again... John Henson had 16 points, but only a paltry 6 boards..

"Supaman" Harrison Barnes had just 8 points. A few games ago, even the announcers' were "critiquing" Larry Drew (who was a "4 or 5 star" a few years ago)..

When I evaluate guard play, I'm looking for consistency. Contrary to the MSMs "Caste-machine" -- a few good plays doesn't make one a "star."

Yeah he was getting way too much hype! Lol the guy tore it up against two garbage teams to start off the season. He was 2\9 shooting last night, definitely going through some growing pains like any young player.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Deadlift said:
The Tar Babies lost again... John Henson had 16 points, but only a paltry 6 boards.. "Supaman" Harrison Barnes had just 8 points. A few games ago, even the announcers' were "critiquing" Larry Drew (who was a "4 or 5 star" a few years ago).. When I evaluate guard play, I'm looking for consistency. Contrary to the MSMs "Caste-machine" -- a few good plays doesn't make one a "star."
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Yeah he was getting way too much hype! Lol the guy tore it up against two garbage teams to start off the season. He was 2\9 shooting last night, definitely going through some growing pains like any young player. </div>

In the 2nd half, when the Illini were up double digits, every time Barnes touched the ball, you could here Illini fans start chanting: "Overrated!"
smiley14.gif
Mike Tisdale did very well against the Tar Babies.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I was watching Kentucky today, and I think they actually start a white player in Josh Harrellson, and plays one off the bench in Jon Hood.

Tyler Zeller has been tearing through the Wildcats today with 27 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 blocks!
smiley32.gif
He's one hell of an athlete!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Butler plays Duke in a few minutes, in a rematch of last year's Tournament final game. I'm going to watch some of it and see what the teams look like this season. I hope the White players light it up!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Duke should once again start 3 White athletes. they have quite a quartet of versatile bigs with Singler at the 3/4, 6-11 shooter Ryan Kelly, and the high-rising Plumlee brothers.

Butler has a terrific below-the-rim big man in Matt Howard, who is a favorite to be their conference's PoY. again. 6-11 sophomore Andrew Smith has shown flashes. Zach Hahn is a terrific shooter, though he is erratic making plays with the ball in his hands.

as is usual, Butler will be giving up a HUGE difference in size, but they often find a way to overcome that with tough defense and a hunger for rebounding the ball. Duke is bigger, faster, more athletic, and deeper ... but Butler is fearless.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info, Jimmy! Butler with the lead early.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
do you have a stream, Colonel?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ah. i can't watch ESPN3, since i'm not on/near a college campus. *sigh* please keep me updated, will you?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sorry about that, JC. Butler is up 33-31 almost at the end of the first half.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tied up at 33 at the end of the first half. I'm looking for another stream, but nothing yet.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can't find another stream and I've got to head out for a while. Its still at the half.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks for the effort, Colonel.

by the way ...it's amazing, isn't it, that a team like Butler with so little "talent" can compete with such "talented" teams like Duke. makes you wonder if the "talent" "evaluators" really know what they're doing. or at least it should.
smiley2.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Scott Wood, of NC State, is an excellent shooter. He has helped State stay in their game against Syracuse.

Cuse leads 38-34 at the half.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, Duke ended up pulling away from Butler late. I didn't get to see any more of the game though. Left the house, got to where we were going, and realized there was a screw in one of the car tires and it was leaking air. I about threw my back out trying to loosen the lugs because the guys at the local shop put the lug nuts on WAAAAY too tight with their air wrenches, and I did all this in the rain. But thanks to my awesome tire changing skills, I did it all in dress clothes and didn't get a spot on them. So next week I get to spend even more money just trying to keep my vehicles on the road. Such is life!
smiley36.gif

referendum

Mentor
Wow, I think I saw an actual white player for Georgetown. Either that or I need new glasses or a better TV.