2009 Troy Trojans

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Troy started just 4 whites back in 2006, and only 3 in 2007, with no whites on defense. In 2008, the number of white starters jumped to 7. Maybe there is something good going on down in South Alabama, but it needs to be extended to the defensive side of the football too. Just keep in mind that their offensive depth chart includes every position that they might use, which is 14 total. You probably won't see this lineup in the game all at once very often.

Offense
QB Levi Brown
H-Back Nathan Nolin
WR (Z) Zack Marcum
WR (H) Andrew Davis
TE Travis Boyd
LG Tyler Clark
C Danny Franks
RG Steven Adams
RT Nic Riley

Defense
WLB Bear Woods-lone white defensive starter in 2008

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Two white receivers looks pretty good. The almost coal black defense is terrible though. It seems to me that there are less white starters this season than last year or the year before. Am I correct on this? I have checked all of the teams you guys have done research for and it seems like some teams have a modest improvement but others have huge dropoffs in whites.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You should check the Whitest College Teams-2009 thread, whiteathlete33. Since we aren't finished yet, its hard to discuss all the changes since last year, but we are already to the point where we have more teams that have 10/22 white starters than last year, as well as more teams that have 11/22 or more white starters than last year (half white or majority white). I'd say this is an improvement, even if a small one. Take a look at the numbers that Jack Lambert and I have provided in the whitest teams and tell me what you think.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Maybe so, I haven't looked at that in detail yet. I'm more about getting the list of white starters on the board and letting everyone do with it what they want. I'm not sure how many more half white or better teams we'll find, but we should have more of such teams to root for this year.

You know, whiteathlete33, now that I think about it, it would be a great piece of research to check out all the teams with 9/22 white starters and less to see if they are getting darker or whiter as compared to last year. Kind of a way to see if the darkest are getting darker or not. This info would be interesting to compare with the finding that (this year at least) we have more half white or better teams.

Unfortunately I don't have time to do the research myself and answer those questions. That will require initiative on someone else's part.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb