2009 Stanford Cardinal

johnnyboy

Guru
Jack Lambert said:
I just love how Pepodokis or whoever he is kept saying throughout the game that USC's affletes would bring them back. I guess that didn't exactly work out for the Trojans. If USC was so much more athletic than Stanford, why is USC getting killed?

Nice to see Gaffney getting some running time. Toby has another phenomenal performance!
smiley32.gif

great point. SC has great coaching and great athletes. now they get their butts handed to them. so what does that say about Stanford. its time their athletes get the same kind of media hype.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah Don, the radio announcers I listened to said he was trying to make it harder for USC to come back against them, but they also said he's trying to run the score up on USC. It will be interesting to see what he says about it. It was great to see Stanford put up over 50 points in the LA Coliseum!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I watched the 2nd half on TV, and they said that Harbaugh was trying to get Stanford to 50pts with the 2 pt conversion. They didn't make it, but they scored another TD anyway. The announcers said Pete Carroll was pretty upset about the 2 pt conversion.
The announcers also gave Gerhart his due.
I must say after watching Gerhart 2 weeks in a row, he truly is the real deal. He leads the nation in TDs now, so he should be right there with Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow in the Heisman race.
Also Andrew Luck their QB is great - and although he is a drop pack passer he is very fast! Even the TV announcers noted it - twice.
Finally, I think all of Stanford's offensive TDs were scored by white players. GREAT GAME!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
"Finally, I think all of Stanford's offensive TDs were scored by white players. GREAT GAME!"

I couldn't agree more. This is probably the greatest college football game result I can remember. Everyone at CF should enjoy this great moment and take in the euphoria. We all know how Sundays bring our spirits down...

G

I sure cannot agree with the sniffers, Stanford's white players looked as athletic as anything on the other side. Another complaint about the coverage of the TV crew that I cannot really abide is that they did not cover the USC cheerleaders enough, obviously the hottest cheerleaders in the nation.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Wile, i was thinking the same about the them and Stanford cheerleaders, simply insane. WOW!

It's a funny thing. A few decades ago Stanford University was the place were political correctness was supposedly first entrenched. Now for the people at this Forum, Stanford's football team is their favorite. This is a delicious outcome for someone who enjoys irony.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh grew up in Ann Arbor. I remember seeing him once as a kid, I told him "get right, think white!" it must have helped.
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
sport historian said:
It's a funny thing. A few decades ago Stanford University was the place were political correctness was supposedly first entrenched. Now for the people at this Forum, Stanford's football team is their favorite. This is a delicious outcome for someone who enjoys irony.

Stanfordused to be known as the Indians before bowing to political correctness in 1972 and changing their nickname. May have been the first university to do so. Edited by: Don Wassall

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
Stanford may have been political correct in some respects, but their teams have always been 'whiter' than most other teams - back then and now. It's because they don't throw out academic standards when recruiting.Edited by: jacknyc

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
That Andrew Luck throw and Coby Fleener TD catch was a thing of immense beauty! What Timing! What Precision!

Jim Dray, Coby Fleener, Ryan Whalen and Konrad Reuland are what I love about Stanford. Affletes can't cover these ultra-tall and athletic White men!

Stanford has another true freshman right now, and they're bringing in more big targets for next year!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
sport historian said:
<div></div>
<div>Stanfordused to be known as the Indians before bowing to political correctness in 1972 and changing their nickname. May have been the first university to do so. </div>

Stanford was one of the first, but Southern Miss was nicknamed the Southerners until 1971, when they became the Golden Eagles. They also got rid of their Colonel Reb like mascot then and the band quit playing Dixie. They were heavily courting black football recruits and did an abrupt about face way back then in order to embrace "diversity." That's one reason why I have never liked them. New Miss will no doubt join them in ditching their "offensive" nickname.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Bottom line, is Gerhart needs to get in the Rose Bowl to get exposure, which means we have to root against Arizona tonight! A Cal win will help, amongst a few other things. Cals up 15-10 right now!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Deadlift said:
That Andrew Luck throw and Coby Fleener TD catch was a thing of immense beauty! What Timing! What Precision!

Jim Dray, Coby Fleener, Ryan Whalen and Konrad Reuland are what I love about Stanford. Affletes can't cover these ultra-tall and athletic White men!

Stanford has another true freshman right now, and they're bringing in more big targets for next year!

I was thinking today after Fleener made that great catch, that at least 90% of those type of catches -- getting smashed hard instantly but still hanging onto the ball --are made by Whites even though blacks are the vast majority of receivers. Just another one of those White traits that we do better than The World's Greatest Athletes.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
It's seems like more and more black receivers are SOFT! Instead of playing football, many of them want the refs to help them out by calling pass interference on the defense.

Don Wassall said:
sport historian said:
<div> </div>
<div>Stanford used to be known as the Indians before bowing to political correctness in 1972 and changing their nickname.  May have been the first university to do so.  </div>

Yes, I remember when that happened.

jacknyc said:
sport historian said:
Stanford may have been political correct in some respects, but their teams have always been 'whiter' than most other teams - back then and now. It's because they don't throw out academic standards when recruiting.

It is worth noting that if you have higher academic standards for athletes, your teams will be more white. I have seen this called a negative.

Don Wassall said:
Deadlift said:
That Andrew Luck throw and Coby Fleener TD catch was a thing of immense beauty! What Timing! What Precision! Jim Dray, Coby Fleener, Ryan Whalen and Konrad Reuland are what I love about Stanford. Affletes can't cover these ultra-tall and athletic White men! Stanford has another true freshman right now, and they're bringing in more big targets for next year!
<div> </div>
<div>I was thinking today after Fleener made that great catch, that at least 90% of those type of catches -- getting smashed hard instantly but still hanging onto the ball -- are made by Whites even though blacks are the vast majority of receivers.  Just another one of those White traits that we do better than The World's Greatest Athletes.  </div>

True enough. You don't see this kind of catch in the NFL as often as you did decades ago.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
jacknyc said:
sport historian said:

Stanford may have been political correct in some respects, but their teams have always been 'whiter' than most other teams - back then and now. It's because they don't throw out academic standards when recruiting.

It is worth noting that if you have higher academic standards for athletes, your teams will be more white. I have seen this called a negative.

That was one of the arguments used to lower the academic standards for athletes at Vanderbilt. They claimed they were at a "competitive disadvantage."

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
sport historian said:
jacknyc said:
sport historian said:

That was one of the arguments used to lower the academic standards for athletes at Vanderbilt. They claimed they were at a "competitive disadvantage."
Well Stanford has always done pretty well even though they are a "competitive disadvantage". They have turned out the most white NFL WRs and RBs (and QBs) in the caste era.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
jack, I agree with you. I was basically pointing out the BS-ness of the argument. The main problem is that top-flight white talent don't usually go to these high standard institutions, not that there isn't enough black talent.

The Hock

Master
Pheasant season opener so I missed the game (and I didn't get any birds). I knew Stanford had a good chance at winning, but nothing like this.

On the mascot question, California passed a law that requires high schools to change their names if deemed "offensive." I don't know who determines what is offensive. The usual fruitcakes I suppose. Edited by: The Hock

Awesome game! I had to miss most of it as I had a kid function to attend. I noticed the highlights showed nothing of the beat down but that black DB intercepting the ball and running it back. Guess they didn't want to recognize Gerhardts 178 yard/3 TD game.

foobar75

Master
And in Versus, all they showed from Gerhart was his fumble, recovered by the "great safety" Taylor Mays.
smiley5.gif

It's remarkable the efforts by the MSM and the lengths they are going to in order to diminish Gerhart's achievements. If that had been a black RB, each of his touchdowns would be shown, along with several of his long, punishing runs, while highlighting him as a legitimate Heisman candidate.

The caste system is truly sickening. It just pains me to think that legit pro prospects like Gerhart, Shipley, Decker, and so many others are about to be screwed next year. We might as well enjoy them for the few weeks that are left.

I hate the NFL, I hate ESPN, and I hate the entire establishment that promotes the caste system and gets away with it.Edited by: foobar75