2009 Oregon State Beavers

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for the Beavers this year. The Beavers started 10 whites in 2007 and 2008.

Offense

QB Sean Canfield

FB Will Darkins

Slot WR Casey Kjos

TE Brady Camp

H-Back Joe Halahuni

LG Ryan Pohl

C Alex Linnenkohl

RG Gregg Peat

RT Mike Remmers

Defense

LE Gabe Miller

LT Brennan Olander

DE Kevin Frahm - splits time

SLB Keaton KristickEdited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Updated starters.

Colin Kelly should be starting at left tackle for the Beavers, giving them an all-white line.

TE Brady Camp is in a fight for the starting position with Howard Croom.

WR Casey Kjos should start in the slot this year, too.

Joe Halahuni is in a fight for the H-Back position, too.

DT Mitchel Hunt should start now as well.

White Power

Mentor
13 whites is not bad how considering they like the Polynesian players more than White or Hispanic players.Edited by: White Power

NorCal831

just a question, but arent Polynesians put into a caste as well? in the NFL iv seen them play the following positions: OL, DL, TE, H Back, LB (and almost always MLB), and ONE safety. In college there have also been a handful of QBs and 2 RBs i know of (1 at nevada, and a backup, seldom used RB at San Jose State). Never seen a polynesian WR or CB. Seems like they are allowed to play DL more than whites, and whites are allowed to play QB and WR more than polynesians.

now they (polynesians) are VVVAAAASSSTTTTLLLYYY overrepresented in football in regards to their actual population and the amount that play college and pro football, put all the ones that do make it they are only allowed to play pretty much the same positions as white people.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, lets see. You now have WR Louis Murphy with the Raiders, along with free agent QB Marques Tuiasosopo and free agent RB Reno Mahe who is related to former RB/KR Vai Sikahema. There have been several FBs over the years, Mailei, Sellers, Tatupu, and Summers to name a few. About the only position where I can't think of a polynesian has been CB. Considering the fact that polynesians haven't played in the NFL or college football in large numbers until the late 90s helps make sense of this fact to me. I don't see the Caste System working against them like whites.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I figured since the Beavers are doing so well right now and in the Top 20, they could use a starters update. Here are the starters this weekend against Washington State.

Collin Kelly is injured, so a Polynesian has taken his job at LT.

Gabe Miller apparantly has overtaken Ben Terry at the LE spot.
smiley1.gif

A black has apparantly taken Kevin Frahm's spot, but Frahm will still play a lot.

Brennan Olander is a starting LT on defense.

Brady Camp is the starting TE.

NorCal831

well to play devils advocate, i can think of a white person thats played every position (recently) except CB in the NFL as well. but your point is taken. but i wasnt saying that polynesians are on the same level with caste system as whites, because in sheer numbers they are vastly overrepresented. BUT they are almost exclusively limited to playing OL, DL, and MLB. there are only a handful of polynesian FBs in the league right now and i believe one TE (manamaleuna) and one safety. I cant think of any QBs, WRs, HBs, CBs, or even any OLBs.

again they are allowed in to the NFL at a MUCH greater rate then whites BUT, once they are there they are pretty much limited to a select few positions.