2009 NBA Playoffs

dwid

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I agree, Yao is THE BEST Center in the west right now. Howard is the best in the east. I think Bill Walton would be considered better than Yao, if he hadn't gotten injured so much though. Walton had AMAZING finesse.

I WOULD like to see a handful more Oriental players in the NBA. However, the problem is if they all do decent, there could develop a full out frenzy for them over in a country like China and the NBA may start an AA type drafting policy for Chinese players to grow the Chinese fan base. Then we might see LESS talented players playing.
smiley5.gif

some rich family did this, well tried to do it, develop a player from China, i think the guy who did it worked for some professional team, i dont remember the exact details because it was on tv. They adopted this huge Chinese kid from a peasant farming community to play basketball. Hes fairly old i believe, i know over 18. Problem is his health. He has no stamina and his feet are mangled because he wore too small of shoes because he couldnt afford or find his size his entire life.

Hes way below average at basketball, gasses out after 5 minutes and he really feels depressed like he let his new family down. Chinese people have a different mentality, what do you call it? something like collectivism? The kid looked like he wanted to die because he felt like he was disgracing his new family because he was not doing well at basketball and wound up costing them huge medical bills.

I feel for the kid, yes hes living a much better life but he feels like he does not deserve it because hes not living up to the expectations the family put on him when they adopted him.

Stupid family, thinking they can adopt just any huge giant Chinese guy and have him play basketball because of Yao Ming. They deserve to be stuck with the medical bills because of their stupidity.Edited by: dwid

j41181

Master
I'm actually quite proud of the Mavs. Yes, Denver is the better team, but to end it on such a negative note is ludicrous.

1) This is the team that started out 2-7 and just 3 months ago people were saying wouldn't make the playoffs. They snagged the #6 seed.

2) Denver was the better team, yes, but Denver had to PLAY to win. They ROLLED OVER the Hornets. Not so with the Mavs. There were PLENTY of times, in every game, where Dallas could have snatched away the win, they just got beat in the 4th quarter. They played their hearts (and their ankles) out. Who didn't expect this from Denver? Anyone who watches the NBA regularly and watches games knew that Denver was the rising star in the West. It's the Mavs that everyone dismissed.
And like Mike Fisher has said, "You can call the Mavs losers, but not quitters."

I, for one, still LOVE this team and actually am glad people got to see Dirk beasting on national TV. I think he gained more respect. Give him some credit. A true class act. And All-NBA 1st team.

So here's to a great season -- when no one believed in you. GO MAVS... I'll be cheering next season too!

j41181

Master
Great day in the NBA, dudes!

LA and Orlando have both prevailed, and the white dudes kick butt!
LA beat Houston 89-70, thanks to Pau Gasol's 21 points and 18 rebounds!
smiley32.gif
Orlando destroyed Boston 101-82, thanks to Hedo Turkoglu's 25 points and 12 assists! Talk about a Bird-like game by Turkoglu!
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif

25 points (9-12 FG's, 4-5 3pt's, 3-3 FT's)
5 rebounds
12 assists
1 block

guest301

Hall of Famer
Very glad to see JJ Redick still in the starting lineup as the Magic go into the very high profile match up with the Cavs. Here's hoping that JJ hits a buzzer beater game winning shot against the Cavs and Obama James sometime in the series.
smiley43.gif

whiteCB

Master
guest301 said:
Very glad to see JJ Redick still in the starting lineup as the Magic go into the very high profile match up with the Cavs. Here's hoping that JJ hits a buzzer beater game winning shot against the Cavs and Obama James sometime in the series.
smiley43.gif

Some big games from Illgauskas and Sczcerbiak would be awesome as well and perhaps Sasha Pavolic will get some big minutes too.

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
guest301 said:
smiley43.gif

Some big games from Illgauskas and Sczcerbiak would be awesome as well and perhaps Sasha Pavolic will get some big minutes too.

Z should draw Dwight Howard away from the paint with his incredible outside shooting for a 7-3 guy. I hope the Lakers win because they have more prominent white players than the Nuggets but I would love to see the Birdman stuff a couple of Kobe dunks. That would make my day. The Birdman averages more blocked shots per minute played than anybody else in the NBA. His blocked shots are usually of the spectacular variety and not the typical fingertip altered shot you get with other players.

j41181

Master
The Lakers just won a tight one over the Denver Nuggets 105-103. KB had 40 points, white dude Pau Gasol had 13 points, 14 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Chris Andersen was super solid with 8 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

Even though Gasol had a solid game, I though he could do better, considering he nearly lost the game on two big FT misses. The choke label really applies to him considering he always misses big FT's, which just frustrates me. Hell, Dirk is many times a better FT shooter, and if given a golden opportunity to win a crucial game, he always comes through. Gasol has got to do better than what he did today, he's just way better than that.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to admit, it's fun watching the Orlando Magic take it to the Cavs. They should be up 3-0 if it weren't for Lebron hitting that shot at the buzzer in game two. The Magic are still up 2-1 and they play again tommorow at home. Let's hope they can dethrone Lecon James.
smiley2.gif

Turglou is having a great series and he is the main star other then Howard. It's good to see Gortat contributing as well. He had an awesome block on L.James in game 3. Now if they would only give JJ Reddick some minutes. Regardless, I want the Magic to win.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree with you WL- I want the Magic to win too. Redick has been "hot and cold" this playoffs offensively- just like this season- although his defense has been solid. I think Van Gundy is going with Pietrus because he has gotten hot (and even started to make big defensive plays) and he has gone back to Lee because he used to be a starter. I'm hoping Redick will play more b/c he looked like he had gotten a hot hand again when he played this last game two for 10 minutes. Courtney Lee scored less points per shot this season than Redick and hasn't been as good offensively since coming back from his injury. Redick needs to start seeing some minutes again!

j41181

Master
Gortat and Turkoglu have both been amazing so far against the "amazing" Lebron James. Not to mention guys like Johnson, Lee, Pietrus, and Lewis, and Alston too. Howard is playing fine, but Gortat has been doing a better job than him on the defensive end, as witnessed by his swatting on James. Redick so far has made only cameo appearances.

Chris Andersen has superb so far, playing even better at some than overrated thug, Kenyon Martin. This guy is just an impact on both ends, proving once again why whites are really impact players if just given the opportunity to really play. Kleiza has been solid despite limited playing time. I wish he could get more minutes, because I see nothing wrong with his defense.

Pau Gasol so far has been doing his usual thing for LA, what's really wrong now with LA is, it's other role players have been missing in action. Is Phil Jackson really losing his magic touch?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I was a little psyched after reading some of these posts about the Magic. I haven't followed NBA in years because of the obvious anti-white racism. But I tuned into the Magic-Cavs game last night and saw the usual 8 out of 10 blacks on the floor. Did I miss something?