2009 NBA Playoffs

j41181

Master
Previews of the 8 first-round NBA playoff series</font>

By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Basketball Writer 6 hours, 54 minutes ago

A look at the eight first-round series in the NBA playoffs, which start this weekend:

EASTERN CONFERENCE</font>

No. 1 CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (66-16) vs. No. 8 DETROIT PISTONS (39-43).

Season series: Cavaliers 3-1. The Pistons won 96-89 on Nov. 19 after holding LeBron James to 8-of-21 shooting, but the Cavaliers took the final three meetings, limiting the Pistons to 77 points per game in those victories. Detroit shot 38 percent in those three losses. James averaged 25.8 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.5 assists.

Storyline: Following the best regular season in franchise history and the best record in the league, the Cavaliers open against a Pistons team that hopes to somehow put an ugly season behind it and make a seventh straight trip to the conference finals.

Key Matchup I: Mo Williams vs. Rodney Stuckey. The Cavs needed help for James, and Williams delivered an All-Star season. Stuckey, given the job after Chauncey Billups was traded, was horrible against Cleveland, averaging 7.3 points on 29 percent shooting.

Key Matchup II: James vs. Tayshaun Prince. After defending Cleveland's superstar when the teams split meetings in the 2006 and '07 playoffs, then teaming with him on the U.S. Olympic team, the versatile Prince is plenty familiar with James' game. Stopping it is another matter.

X-Factor: Antonio McDyess. The Cavaliers hoped McDyess would sign with them after Denver bought him out after acquiring him with Billups in the Allen Iverson trade. Instead the power forward opted to return to Detroit. With Ben Wallace's health uncertain, McDyess and Detroit's big men could have an advantage.

Prediction: Cavaliers in 5.

No. 2 BOSTON CELTICS (62-20) vs. No. 7 CHICAGO BULLS (41-41).

Season series: Celtics, 2-1. Boston won the first two before Chicago's 127-121 victory March 17, the lone meeting after the Bulls remade their team following the trade deadline. The two key players they brought back, John Salmons and Brad Miller, scored 38 and 21, respectively. Kevin Garnett sat out that game.

Storyline: The Celtics could be without Garnett throughout the playoffs because of his strained right knee. That could make them vulnerable against a Chicago team that played very well in the second half of the season to surge from well below .500 into postseason contention.

Key matchup I: Ray Allen vs. Ben Gordon. The two sharpshooters from Connecticut can get on hot streaks from the 3-point line. Gordon didn't do much against Boston, averaging 12.7 points in the three games. Allen had 27 against Chicago in one of Boston's wins and without Garnett may have to play at that level throughout the series.

Key matchup II: Rajon Rondo vs. Derrick Rose. The Celtics look great whenever Rondo plays that way, which isn't all the time. He was good against Chicago, averaging 14.7 points and 10.3 assists. Plenty of eyes will be on Rose to see how the No. 1 overall pick and likely Rookie of the Year performs in his first postseason.

X-factor: Leon Powe. Has given the Celtics a number of strong performances off the bench or as Garnett's replacement in the starting lineup. He missed 12 games down the stretch with his own knee injury but looked ready after an 18-point, 13-rebound night against Washington in the season finale.

Prediction: Celtics in 7.

No. 3 ORLANDO MAGIC (59-23) vs. No. 6 PHILADELPHIA 76ERS (41-41).

Season series: Magic, 3-0. Orlando won twice in Philadelphia and did a good job defensively against the 76ers, allowing 94 points per game in the series. Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu both scored 23 points in one game and 20 in another. Andre Iguodala averaged 18.3 points and Thaddeus Young added 16.7.

Storyline: The Magic will try to shake off some late-season struggles that saw them lose three straight games before a victory on the final night of the regular season. The 76ers were even worse down the stretch, dropping six straight and costing themselves a shot at the No. 5 seed before beating Cleveland's reserves in their finale.

Key matchup I: Turkoglu vs. Young. Both players had ankle injuries late in the season, and the Sixers really missed their swingman. Turkoglu, with all his postseason experience, is often the player Orlando turns to when it needs a big shot.

Key matchup II: Rafer Alston vs. Andre Miller. Had he been healthy, this series would have given All-Star guard Jameer Nelson a chance to play in the city where he starred collegiately. Instead, the Magic traded for Alston to run their team.

X-factor: Samuel Dalembert. The key to beating Orlando is having a center who can defend Dwight Howard without help to avoid having to double-team and leave its outside shooters free. Howard was fairly quiet against Philadelphia, averaging 15.7 points, and the Sixers have to hope Dalembert can somewhat contain him in this series.

Prediction: Magic in 5.

No. 4 ATLANTA HAWKS (47-35) vs. No. 5 MIAMI HEAT (43-39).

Season series: Hawks, 3-1. Atlanta won both meetings at home, including the series clincher in a meaningless 81-79 victory Tuesday night, a game where the Heat rested Dwyane Wade. The NBA's leading scorer averaged 25.7 points in three games against the Hawks.

Storyline: Rebounding from a 15-win season, the Heat landed the coveted No. 5 spot in the East, allowing them to avoid the power trio of Cleveland, Boston and Orlando. Now Wade will try to prevent Atlanta from its first postseason series victory in 10 years.

Key matchup I: Joe Johnson vs. Wade. If not for Wade, Johnson would be the best guard in the Southeast Division. He averaged 21.4 points this season and was right at that average against the Heat before scoring only nine in limited minutes Tuesday.

Key matchup II: Al Horford vs. Jermaine O'Neal. Horford averaged 14.5 points and 16.0 rebounds in two meetings before a quiet night in short duty in the last matchup. He and the Hawks, though, have rarely seen O'Neal, who played in only one of the meetings since he was acquired from Toronto at the All-Star break.

X-factor: Flip Murray. The swingman has been a solid contributor off Atlanta's bench, averaging 14 points since the All-Star break, and could be a key against a Heat team that isn't particularly deep.

Prediction: Hawks in 7.

WESTERN CONFERENCE</font>

No. 1 LOS ANGELES LAKERS (65-17) vs. No. 8 UTAH JAZZ (48-34).

Season series: Lakers 2-1, capped by a 125-112 victory Tuesday night in a game Utah needed to win to have any chance of avoiding a rematch against the Lakers in the postseason. Kobe Bryant scored 16 points in that game after averaging 38.5 in the first two meetings. The Jazz were without Carlos Boozer in their first loss, while the Lakers were missing Andrew Bynum for their loss at Utah.

Storyline: The Lakers are back at full strength and will be overwhelming favorites to return to the NBA finals. Much more was expected than a No. 8 seed from Utah, and the Jazz would be dangerous if they could find a way to win once in Los Angeles, because they still enjoy one of the league's best home-court advantages.

Key matchup I: Pau Gasol vs. Carlos Boozer. Gasol averaged 18.9 points and 9.6 rebounds during one of his best seasons, but many still believe the best way to defend him is to be physical with him. The muscular Boozer is capable, and the Jazz certainly need him to score more than the 16.2 points per game he did during an injury-plagued regular season.

Key matchup II: Lamar Odom vs. Andrei Kirilenko. Two versatile swingmen who can play multiple positions off the bench. Kirilenko has added value; he'll probably get some turns defending Bryantâ€â€along with plenty of other teammates.

X-factor: Mehmet Okur. Okur averaged 21.5 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games against the Lakers but sat out the finale after straining his right hamstring the night before. Utah needs its center's outside shooting and rebounding on the floor for any shot at the upset.

Prediction: Lakers in 5.

No. 2 DENVER NUGGETS (54-28) vs. No. 7 NEW ORLEANS HORNETS (49-33).

Season series: Tied, 2-2. Each team won once on the road, and the teams were rarely at full strength when they met. The Nuggets were missing Carmelo Anthony for one of their losses, while the Hornets never had Tyson Chandler and were also without Peja Stojakovic in one of the losses.

Storyline: The Nuggets, eliminated in the first round five straight seasons, finally have home-court advantage after tying their franchise record for most wins since joining the NBA. They get a Hornets team that struggled down the stretch, losing six of eight and missing a chance to move up to No. 6.

Key matchup I: Chauncey Billups vs. Chris Paul. Paul, who beat out Billups for the backup point guard spot on the U.S. Olympic team last summer, has the quickness edge but had some sloppy performances against the Nuggets, averaging more than five turnovers to go with his 20.8 points and 11.0 assists. Billups, who likely will try to be physical with the smaller Paul, scored 16 points per game against New Orleans.

Key matchup II: J.R. Smith vs. James Posey. Two different roles for the top players off their respective benches. Smith is there to score, and he averaged 21.3 points against the Hornets. New Orleans relies on Posey for his defense and will ask him to cool off Smith and Anthony.

X-factor: Stojakovic. The Hornets were robbed of their only real reliable 3-point threat when he was frequently hurt and ineffective down the stretch. He averaged 20.7 points against Denver. With that kind of production, the Hornets stand a much better chance.

Prediction: Nuggets in 6.

No. 3 SAN ANTONIO SPURS (54-28) vs. No. 6 DALLAS MAVERICKS (50-32).

Season series: Tied, 2-2. The highlight was the Spurs' 133-126 double-overtime victory in Dallas on Dec. 9, and San Antonio's other victory was a 93-76 home rout in a game that neither Tim Duncan nor Manu Ginobili played. Josh Howard averaged 20.7 points in the three games he played, missing one of Dallas' losses. Dirk Nowitzki had a pair of 30-point games for Dallas.

Storyline: The state and division rivals meet in the postseason for the first time since the Mavs beat the Spurs in a thrilling Western Conference semifinal in 2006, winning Game 7 in overtime in San Antonio. The Spurs are playing without Ginobili but still managed to win its last four to clinch the Southwest title. Dallas also finished strong to vault all the way to the No. 6 seed.

Key matchup I: Tony Parker vs. Jason Kidd. Kidd no longer has the speed to defend quick point guards. Chris Paul dominated him in last year's playoffs, and Parker torched the Mavs for 31.3 points per game this season, including a pair of 37-point nights. So Dallas may need another solution for San Antonio's All-Star.

Key matchup II: Michael Finley vs. Josh Howard. If Howard's ankle is healthy enough, the Spurs will struggle to find anyone athletic enough to defend him. Finley averaged 14.5 points and made 11 of 24 shots in two wins against his former team but was a combined 3-for-14 for eight total points in the losses.

X-factor: Jason Terry. If Ginobili were playing, this would have been a matchup of the NBA's two best sixth men. Now there's no doubt Terry is the top game-changer off the bench in the series.

Prediction: Mavericks in 6.

No. 4 PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS (54-28) vs. No. 5 HOUSTON ROCKETS (53-29).

Season series: Rockets, 2-1. Houston won its two home games but had no chance for the sweep after falling 101-99 in overtime in November in Portland on Brandon Roy's 3-pointer as time expired. The Rockets limited the Trail Blazers to 91 points per game in the other two meetings.

Storyline: A young Portland team got the Trail Blazers back into the postseason for the first time since 2003, ending the longest playoff drought in the NBA. Better yet for the Blazers, they earned home-court advantage on the final night of the season when the Rockets lost at Dallas, falling from a chance at the No. 2 seed. Portland is 34-7 at home, one of the league's best records.

Key Matchup I: Roy vs. Ron Artest and Shane Battier. The Rockets have two top defensive options to throw at Roy, who scored 17 in Portland's victory and averaged 23 in the two games at Houston. Artest scored 18 per game in the Rockets' wins but was limited to nine in the loss.

Key Matchup II: LaMarcus Aldridge vs. Luis Scola. The Rockets need Scola, a rugged interior defender, to slow down the Blazers' power forward, who averaged 23.3 points in the series.

X-Factor: Aaron Brooks. The former Oregon star, starting for the Rockets since they traded Rafer Alston at the trade deadline, scored 16 points per game against Portland this season.

Prediction: Rockets in 7.Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
The games that will be interesting to watch:

West
Dallas vs. San Antonio
Portland vs. Houston
Lakers vs. Utah
Denver vs. Hornets

East
Cleveland vs. Detroit
Orlando vs. PhiladelphiaEdited by: j41181

j41181

Master
I'm very excited for Dallas, they have a favorable match against the Spurs. It won't be easy for them, but at least it's better than facing LA or Denver. And it's also better compared to last year against the Hornets. Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, and the Mavericks have a very good chance to redeem themselves in this one. I'm all out for them to win, win, win!! I pray they can go as far as the Conference finals, or even a return trip to the NBA finals. GO MAVS!!!
smiley4.gif
Edited by: j41181

Ginobili is hurt so that takes away any chance the Spurs have to keep their "every other year" dynasty going. Ginobili always gets positive attention from the media during playoff time, because he plays his best in the biggest games and the Spurs usually go deep. Sucks he won't be around this year.

j41181

Master
White player analysis by team:</font>

CLEVELAND has 4 white players:
smiley20.gif

Zydrunas Ilgauskas (starter)
Anderson Varejao
Wally Szczerbiak
Sasha Pavlovic

DETROIT has only 1 white player:
smiley21.gif

Walter Hermann

BOSTON has only 1 white player:
smiley21.gif

Brian Scalabrine

CHICAGO has 3 white players:
Brad Miller
Kirk Hinrich
Aaron Gray

ORLANDO has 3 white players:
Hedo Turkoglu (starter)
Marcin Gortat
JJ Redick

PHILADELPHIA has none!
smiley7.gif

ATLANTA has only 1 white player:
smiley21.gif

Zaza Pachulia

MIAMI has only 1 white player:
smiley21.gif

Chris Quinn

LA LAKERS have 4 white players:
smiley20.gif

Pau Gasol (starter, 2nd best)
Luke Walton (good sub)
Sasha Vujacic (super sub)
Adam Morrison (not in roster)

UTAH has 6 white players:
smiley20.gif

Memo Okur (starter)
Andrei Kirilenko (super sub)
Kosta Koufos
Kyle Korver (super sub)
Matt Harpring
Kyle Fesenko

DENVER has 2 white players:
Chris Andersen (super sub)
Linas Kleiza (super sub)

NEW ORLEANS has 2 white players:
Peja Stojakovic (starter)
Sean Marks (good sub)

SAN ANTONIO has 3 white players:
Manu Ginobili (super sub, out for season)
smiley18.gif

Matt Bonner (starter)
Fabricio Oberto

DALLAS has 3 white players:
smiley20.gif

Dirk Nowitzki (starter, the BEST)
JJ Barea (part starter, part sub)
Matt Carroll

PORTLAND has 4 white players:
smiley20.gif

Joel Przybilla (starter)
Steve Blake (starter)
Rudy Fernandez (super sub)
Sergio Rodriguez (good sub)

HOUSTON has 2 white players, 1 Chinese:
Yao Ming (very good)
Luis Scola (starter)
Brent Barry Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Good news: Portland tied up the series 1-1. I'm a big Blake and Fernandez fan. Those are two very quick & athletic guards! Sergio Rodriguez is an exciting playmaking backup.

I like how Nate McMillen is using his players (other than the fact that I think Fernandez should play a little more by the team running with a smaller lineup out there). You couldn't keep up with all three of Blake, Fernandez and Roy. This would test 7'6 Yao's lateral movement when they penetrate inside.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Dirk and the Mavs up 2-1 after destroying the Spurs last night. Dirk has 20 points and 7 rb in limited minutes. They played some tight defense on Parker last night and Duncan was practically a no show with 4 points. Duncan is one of my favorite black players because he is all class, fundamentally sound and clearly cares more about winning games than being the star and in the limelight all the time. He still has his moments but his body finally appears to be breaking down. First ballot Hall of Famer for sure.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great news about Dirk and the Mavs! Tonight was a heartbreaker. The Trailblazers lost a close one to Houston. Both teams are fair in playing everyone but I was rooting for Portland. Fernandez hit a 3 late to pull them within one. He was on fire and he finished with 16 points. Blake also had 16! This is a fun team to watch. They are only down 2-1 so it is still possible for them to win.

Houston was led by Scola. Yao Ming struggled as he was in foul trouble. Should be a tight series the whole way.

j41181

Master
Now this is really great news for the Dirk and the Mavs! They recently destroyed the Spurs 99-90, despite Tony Parker erupting for 43 points (playoff career high). Dirk has been ordinary all throughout, but I could careless. I's rather see Dallas continue winning, gaining a small measure of redemption after a very rough last two years. Dallas is now up 3-1, way to go Dallas!
smiley32.gif

j41181

Master
Okay, I've been really quiet the last several days. But now it's time for me to get down to business:

The Cavs sweep anti-white Detroit! I'm happy for Big Z and Wally World advancing to the next round. I can't wait to see Detroit turn itself upside-down in the off season. This is for you Darko Milicic! Peace!

Hedo Turkoglu hit an amazing game-winning 3 pointer with 1.1 seconds to go, to help Orlando win 84-81 over the coal as black 76ers. Take that Igoudala! Sweet revenge for Hedo Turkoglu! The series is tied 2-2.

Kirk Hinrich and Brad Miller are now part of the amazing Bulls-Celtic Rivalry. Kirk Hinrich has 18 points, while Brad Miller had 12 points. They both helped the Bulls defeat the Zulus (Celtics) in an epic 121-118 double OT. Hinrich played brilliant defense against Paul Pierce. The series is now tied 2-2.

Houston is now up 3-1 against the Blazers. Luis Scola as been playing brilliant, despite being less noticed than Yao Ming, who is also playing exceptionally well. Steve Blake has been solid so far in this series, and so has been Rudy Fernandez, both have been solid of both ends.

j41181

Master
The Lakers are also up 3-1 over historically white-friendly Utah Jazz. My condolence to the Jazz, despite the solid contributions of Kirilenko, Korver, and Matt Harpring. Memo Okur has been playing hurt all series, too bad. Congratulations to Pau Gasol, he has taken one big step towards the big one, the NBA crown.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Well the Lakers beat the Jazz last night and are into the next round of the playoffs. Luke Walton sustained some type of injury and might be out for the next round. I predict the Mavs will close out San Antonio tonight in Game 5.

green fire317

Banned
yeah i hate the modern day celtics. i always enjoy it when you see old footage of bird, mcchale, cousy, and havlicek.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
j41181, i admire your tenacity of keeping tabs on the NBA. there's not a bigger basketball fan in the world than me, but that crap the NBA calls basketball makes my eyes want to vomit.

i'd rather go play pick-up ball down at a local gym and tear up the negroes there, instead of watchingthe obviously pathetic product that is being shoved onto USA hoops fans.

j41181

Master
HuuuuWeeee! What a day in the NBA, some great news and some horrible news! Le's start with the horrible news:

How is a bloody lip and glassy eyes not called a flagrant foul? That's exactly what happened to Brad Miller of the Bulls!
smiley7.gif
The Indiana Hick was jack-hammered in the face by Rajon Rondo (Zulu sh*thead)
smiley7.gif
, and no flagrant foul-2 called, unbelievable!
smiley26.gif

The foul put Miller on the line, 2 FT's, 2 seconds left, to send the game into a 2nd OT. He sadly missed both, because he was glassy eyed
smiley11.gif
, Boston may advance to the next round, but I can't wait to see the Zulus get butchered the next round! I'm all out to see the Boston Zulus LOSE!!!!
smiley7.gif

The great news: My Mavs are into the next round!
smiley32.gif

My condolence to the Spurs, they are a classy team, and I hold high respect for Tim Duncan, and Gregg Popovich. But this was something the Mavs needed to put behind back-to-back first round exits. Ultimate redemption will not come until the Mavs win the NBA title, but at least, they have shut-up some haters!
smiley36.gif

Portland just cut the Rockets lead to 3-2. Steve Blake has really surprised me. The dude is coming of age. He is showing he can hang with the more athletic guards of the Rockets, in particular Aaron Brooks (very feisty). But Blake has done a many amazing things, like freezing Yao for a penetration lay-up. Take that Great Wall!
smiley36.gif
Houston may still go to the 2nd round, but they are in for a butchering against Pau and the Lakers!
smiley36.gif

Orlando has gone up 3-2 over the all-black 76ers. Howard had a monster game. No further comment on that one.
smiley2.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
The Mavs and Dirk now get so take a few well earned days off while the other series are being decided. The Mavs will likely face the Nuggets in the next round,a team that beat the Mavs 4-0 during the regular season. Most of those games were within three points or less and Josh Howard missed two of those games. I am hoping somehow the Hornets recover from their horrible performance the other night and extend this series a little bit so a refreshed Mavericks team arrives in Denver to play a tired Nuggets team. The Mavs will need every advantage they can get to advance further. I am hopeful about it and the Mavs have much better depth than given credit for with the solid play of Bass, Hollins, Terry and the Barea/Wright switch at starter adds to the depth as well with Wright going to the bench.Edited by: guest301

guest301

Hall of Famer
hey J1141, love your avatar but they are not just "your Mavs", they are mine too.
smiley2.gif
I have been a Mavs fan since they came into the league and my wish is for these guys to make the biggest playoff run their talent and good fortune will allow and I am hoping that Shaq and free agent to be Steve Nash comes to Dallas next season. I will more than settle for David Lee or AK47 though.
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I thought they were my Mavs! I must of not recieved the memo.
smiley36.gif
Here is to them beating the Nuggets. The only player I like on that team is Kleinza. That guy is a warrior. He needs to go to a different team. Nowitzki is going to have a monster series. Just watch!Edited by: white lightning

icsept

Master
Also rooting for the Mavs. Expect Kenyon Martin to try to take Nowitzki out of the series with a cheap shot. Otherwise I will love watching the Nuggets go down - even without Iverson they look like a chain-gang of prisoners from San Quentin.

guest301

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
I thought they were my Mavs! I must of not recieved the memo.
smiley36.gif
Here is to them beating the Nuggets. The only player I like on that team is Kleinza. That guy is a warrior. He needs to go to a different team. Nowitzki is going to have a monster series. Just watch!

Take a good look at another player to like on the Nuggets. Chris "Birdman" Anderson is a fan favorite outstanding leaper, shotblocker and defender and is a very important role player for the Nuggets. Even Caste Clown Coach George Karl will tell you that. I hope you are right about the Mavs winning this series, the key will be getting a split at Denver in the first two games because Dallas has been great this year playing at home.Edited by: guest301

sunshine

Mentor
Anderson was second in the league in block shots despite playing scrub like minutes. He has great hops.

j41181

Master
Gentlemen,

We have are bear witness to NBA history. Bulls-Celtics 3 will go down as one of greatest 7-game playoff series ever! Game 6 will go down as one of the greatest playoff games ever! And I'm glad that whites were part of it, and were on the winning side!

Brad Miller had his revenge, playing a near perfect game with 23 points and 10 rebounds, hitting 4 clutch FT's down the stretch. Kirk Hinrich was solid with 11 points, 7 assists, 2 steals, and he did not back down from racist Rajon Rondo (who swung his elbow at him)!

The Celtics are being pushed to the limit on this one, which is great news for both Cleveland and Orlando, the two white-friendly teams of the traditionally black Eastern Conference. Other Bulls I have to give credit to are John Salmons (35 points), Derek Rose (clutch block on Rondo!), and Joakim Noah (break-away jam that put fouled Paul Pierce out!).

Hinrich almost blew the game by missing a wide open lay-up, so did too Derek Rose by missing 2 crucial FT's, but racist Rondo missed a half-court shot (up yours!)! Ray Allen was monster in this game with 51 points! Brian Scalabrine played a lot in this game too, he had 7 points in 19 minutes of action.

Orlando is off to the second round, and Marcin Gortat, the POLISH HAMMER, was just brilliant:

11 points (5-8 fG's), 1-2 fT's)
15 rebounds
smiley32.gif

2 assists
4 steals
smiley32.gif

Keep in mind he's only 25 years old, he has a bright future ahead of him.

JJ Redick was just superb:

15 points (5-9 FG's, 5-7 3pt's)
smiley32.gif

3 rebounds
4 assists
1 steal

Courtney is out with a season ending injury (I too wish him a speedy recovery). His loss is definitely a blow to Orlando, but grants JJ Redick greater playing opportunities and roles. Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Lets hope it's the Magic, Bulls or Cavs in the East and either the Mavericks or Lakers in the West.

Personally, I'd like to see Magic-Mavericks as long as Redick continues to see 20 mins+ per game (as at least the 6th man) if and when Lee comes back. Gortat has also proven he should see more minutes from his play this year. I know they have Howard, but Gortat should be the 7th man (backup Center/PF).

guest301

Hall of Famer
That was a thrilling game 6 last night between the Celtics and Bulls. It was very nice to see both Miller and Hinrich on the floor throughout the 4th quarter and three overtime periods. The Bulls could not have won without them.

backrow

Hall of Famer
from Howard's tweeter:

6:00 dwighthoward: did yalllllllll seeeeeeee thatttttttt
6:01 dwighthoward: with the left. yeaaaaa polish hammer

he was talking JJ and Gortat up on his live blog.