2009 Kansas State Wildcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kansas State had just 5 whites starting last year. Maybe Bill Snyder will whiten things up a bit! This is definitely an improvement for 2009.

Offense
QB Carson Coffman
RB Logan Dold-in a fight for the position
FB Braden Wilson
TE Jeron Mastrud
LT Nick Stringer
LG Brock Unruh
C Wade Weibert
RG Colten Freeze
RT Clyde Aufner

Defense
LB John Houlik
LB Alex Hrebek
DB Craig Boswell

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

referendum

Mentor
This is a great example of how a team can become much more white friendly, and yet not become a caste breaker a la Stanford or Northwestern. Still, great to see this upsurge, especially from a team that should be about half white in terms of its neighboring teams, like Kansas, Nebraska or Missouri, and its local source of recruits.Edited by: referendum

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree referendum. It is nice to see this big of a change in one year. Not a common thing to see at all, and I've been doing these previews for 5 seasons now. You know, even having done just a portion of the FBS teams so far, I've noticed a slight increase in the number of white linemen. Seems like we may have a bit of a reversal going on there, but its probably too early to say for sure.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Where's Logan Dold??

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I don't have any insider info, but based on previous similar situations it appears Logan could get the shaft, at least at the start of the season. A black walk-on is the media darling, but he'll have to prove himself in camp in order to force Logan into a backup role. Right now, Logan is viewed as the top backup at RB, but we here at CF would expect that bias from the media. I am going to add Logan into the mix for the RB spot. Who knows, he might end up the starter after all is said and done. It has happened before.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Any black that comes in will obviously ge the benefit of the doubt and be the media darling. Wow one black walk on! A while back i think Tough J posted something that they were working Dold in at safety too.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, anywhere, blacks are the media darlings no matter what. Just think if this black walk-on starts, the announcers for a K-State game will be saying something to the tune of "look at this guy, he has had to work sooooo hard for everything he has." Nobody ever mentions the countless white athletes who work really hard but get nothing because their skin doesn't have the proper color.
smiley18.gif