2009 Coal bowl

Freethinker said:
Derrick Brooks is like the Cal Ripkin Jr and Tony Gywnn of football. He'll make the pro-bowl every season til he hangs em up despite his stats being pedestrian. The media buffoons will site his "intangibles and leadership" as reasons he deserves the honor.
John Lynch is another that kept making it way past his good days when he could actually cover someone.

I am glad Welker at least made it as a reserve, he's racking up catches every year. He's got unbelievable quickness, the kind that NFL Draft scouts will exclusively attribute to black athletes. Good to see at least one guy defy that stereotype.

Would have liked to see Ruud make it but the good news is he is a young star developing and will surely get a chance in the future.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
ManifestDestiny said:
John Lynch is another that kept making it way past his good days when he could actually cover someone.

LOL @ making sure to include at least one white guy who 'undeservedly' made the Pro Bowl past his prime, among the plethora of black players who go to the Pro Bowl EVERY YEAR.

Ok man, we get it - you're a moderate. You're not like the 'racists' who dominate this site. So now that we know each other, please don't feel that you have to denigrate or knock some white player every time you want to make a post about some black guy you think is a great example of player character or convince us that Tarvaris Jackson is a good quarterback.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
ManifestDestiny said:

LOL @ making sure to include at least one white guy who 'undeservedly' made the Pro Bowl past his prime, among the plethora of black players who go to the Pro Bowl EVERY YEAR.

Ok man, we get it - you're a moderate. You're not like the 'racists' who dominate this site. So now that we know each other, please don't feel that you have to denigrate or knock some white player every time you want to make a post about some black guy you think is a great example of player character or convince us that Tarvaris Jackson is a good quarterback.

Nice post Shogun, and I agree with you. Pretty lame one there, Manifest Destiny.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
So it will be Flozell Adams in the Pro Bowl...
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

He clearly sucked this year. Jon Stinchcomb got snubbed.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Flozell Adams, wow the Reuben Brown lifetime achievement award must have co-winners this year.
smiley11.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Ugh, Flozell Adams has more false starts than anyone if I'm right. A white Lineman with has many as he has would have been out of the league after 6 games.
smiley11.gif

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I forget which of the caste jockeys it was (I think it was the Fox gang) but they speaking about the "fall from greatness" of the Cowboys this year. They were talking about what Dallas needs to do and the offseason and to my surprise they said they need to replace Flozell Adams. They said he allowed the most sacks in the NFL this season in addition to numerous penalties. So of course this warrants a pro-bowl spot.

It is always the perception that there are no stats for offensive linemen making "grading" them impossible and a task best left for the "experts". This is simply not true.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
There are White defensive players that excelled.

Aaron Smith

Justin Smith -- 61 tackles and 5 sacks

Kyle Williams -- 46 tackles

Barrett Ruud -- 117 tackles and I think 3 sacks

With the emphasis on the pass in today's NFL, I think D-lineman are going to get less tackles. If teams were running the ball more, Aaron Kampman would have more tackles. Instead, teams have exploited the Packers' hyped-up secondary. I think Charles Woodson shouldn't have made the Pro Bowl.

Shaun Rogers is a joke -- and hasn't he been on losing teams year-after-year-after-year?

Dallas Clark has been phenomenal the last 2 games and now has about 800 yards. His hands are incredible and he doesn't alligator arm. It's a real treat to watch this warrior.

Walter Jones and Chris Samuels are injured. Texans' offensive guard Mike Brisiel probably should have gotten the spot that was given to Brian Waters. White is right spoke of the morbidly-obese Jason Peters... Jake Long would have been a better selection. There was a big push for Ryan Clady so the Jason Peters selection was a bit surprising. If I'm not mistaken, Peters' was previously selected to the Pro Bowl, so that must be the reason he was selected again.

With the afformentioned injuries, Jamaal Brown might sneak into the Pro Bowl. Or over-the-hill Flozell from "America's Team"...

Jake Long will be in the Pro Bowl!!!
smiley1.gif

SHOCKINGLY, it was Jamaal Brown and Flozell that took the (Pro Bowl) places of the injured Walter Jones and Chris Samuels.