2008 Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable white starters for the smallest FBS school in the country. An increase of 3 over last year. Too bad it was all on the offense.

Offense

QB Riley Skinner

FB Mike Rinfrette

WR Chip Brinkman

TE Ben Wooster

LT Joe Birdsong

LG Russell Nenon

C Trey Bailey

RG Barrett McMillin

RT Jeff Griffin

Defense

DE Matt Robinson

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Ben Wooster had 6 catches for 90 yards and a TD.

John Russell started at DT and he did well, even recovering a fumble if I'm not mistaken.

Wake Forest was fun to watch, and I think White athletes are making some gains over there.

I would definitely like to see Wake defeat some of the darker ACC teams. Some tough battles are ahead.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I think they had 10 White starters.

Chip Brinkman might have come off the bench. He had 2 receiving TD's.

When the starting receivers were shown, I don't recall seeing Chip.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Ben Wooster is listed as a tight end on the Demon Deacons' roster, but he lines up split-out wide ( i never saw him with his hand on the ground). he had 6 catches for 90 yards and 1 touchdown, a 43-yarder.

teammate Chip Brinkman was money in the red zone. two of his three receptions went for touchdowns.
smiley32.gif
Brinkman runs a reported 4.5 40.

chipbrinkman.jpg

Chip Brinkman takes the hit to get the score.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Wake's all-white offensive line looked unbelievable!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Riley Skinner is a good quarterback, but he looked like Peyton Manning back there against Baylor. he had all day to throw, and i felt bad for the Baylor defensive backs. they did a good job, but you can't cover guys forever. with all the time Skinner had, he literally picked the secondary apart.

Baylor's secondary coach needs to smack their d-line coach upside the back of the head, cause the Demon Deacon o-line whipped their butts All Night Long, and it made the secondary look MUCH worse than they actually were.