2008 Vikings

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
My two cents:

Joe Montana is the best.

Favre and Marino follow.

Peyton Manning when retired will be the greatest.

Tom Brady (if recovered from injury) will be top 5.

Warner is no where close to Favre when debating greatest QBs ever.

Favre has compiled great stats and has one of the strongest arms ever but his poor decision making at times are why I feel Montana is superior.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Warnipple said:
No probably about it, Peyton Manning WILL eventually surpass Farve statistically,
and in a lot fewer games, and he'll have at least as many Superbowls. Except, of course, in one critical category: interceptions. Farve's penchant for stupid mistakes, making throws a veteran quarterback should never make and in critical situations, simply has to be factored into any evaluation of him. Which is why statistically you should look at overall efficiency ratings which will take that sort of thing into
account (so, e.g., Steve Young and Warner will come out looking better than Farve in that regard). And yes, Superbowls are a team effort and are overstated when evaluating a QB. However, if you look at the way Tom Brady has played in big games compared to the way Farve has, the contrast is striking. That has to count for something. Are you saying that if your life depended on the outcome of a game, you'd rather have
Farve under center than Montana or Brady?

Good analysis, I don't disagree with any of it.

If my life depended on the outcome of a game I would want Micheal Vick as QB then I wouldn't have to spend 4 hours fretting over the outcome (haha). Seriously though, yes Montana or Brady, probably Montana, no Brady, either one, maybe Bart Starr or Johnny Unitas....

Warnipple

jaxvid said:
If my life depended on the outcome of a game I would want Micheal Vick as QB then I wouldn't have to spend 4 hours fretting over the outcome (haha).

LOL

After giving it some thought I am actually stoked about Favre joining the Vikes!
smiley32.gif
<div>
</div><div>This is going to be a team with a super-star White Quarterback, and a star defensive White player in Jared Allen!!
smiley16.gif
smiley10.gif
</div><div>
</div><div>How many other teams have star White players on each side of the ball anymore?
smiley25.gif
Especially with the massive proliferation of all-negro defenses?!?!?! </div><div>
</div><div>Gunna be sure to catch some Vikings games! (and hey I am half-Norwegian so it doesn't take much to get me to watch a team named 'The Vikings'!!
smiley47.gif
)</div>

forty-four

Guru
Warren Moon threw for more yards than anyone but Favre, Marino & Elway. Is he better than Montana, Young, Unitas, , Kelly, Brady, Bradshaw, Staubach, Manning, etc.?

Favre is/was great, but I don't buy the "greatest" tag. Sure he has numbers & LONGEVITY. Is he the most durable QB ever? Absolutley. The Greatest ever? No way. Sure he is top 10 and arguably top 5.

I like to think of which QB I'd want at the helm in the "must win" game.

I say Montana. Anybody really want Favre (even in his prime) in that situation?

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
It's about time they got another white man to lead the team, rather than a brother. Having a black as quarterback for the Vikings is like having whitey head the NAACP!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
My two cents:

Joe Montana is the best.

Favre and Marino follow.

Peyton Manning when retired will be the greatest.

Tom Brady (if recovered from injury) will be top 5.

Warner is no where close to Favre when debating greatest QBs ever.

Favre has compiled great stats and has one of the strongest arms ever but his poor decision making at times are why I feel Montana is superior.

Troy Aikman should get mentioned more on some of these top QB lists. I wouldn't put him in the top five of all time but I would certainly put him in the top five of the last two decades. Three Super Bowl Rings in four years and if it wasn't for the Jimmy Johnson firing he probably would have had four and a Super Bowl MVP. Extremely accurate, strong arm, good leader and could have easily had more passing yards if he didn't have the all time yardage leader at running back(Emmitt Smith) to hand the ball off too. He belongs in the conversation is all I am saying.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Niroy Stonebreaker said:
This is going to be a team with a super-star White Quarterback, and a star defensive White player in Jared Allen!!
smiley16.gif
smiley10.gif

How many other teams have star White players on each side of the ball anymore?
smiley25.gif
Especially with the massive proliferation of all-negro defenses?!?!?!

I was thinking the exact same thing watching a bit of the game last night. Chad Greenway is also a star who will reluctantly be recognized as such by the media after he puts together another great season in '09. Ben Leber is a solid LB, and DE Brian Robison is another star in the making as soon as he's done serving his forced racial apprenticeship. But they're still too black on offense; after Favre there's no one to cheer for. Too bad they took TE Garrett Mills from the Patriots and then let him rot.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Garrett Mills has definitely been the worst treated White TE to come into the NFL since I've been here at CF. Its a shame, as he is an awesome athlete and talent. Do y'all think Favre will start over Rosenfels the whole season?

Colonel_Reb said:
Do y'all think Favre will start over Rosenfels the whole season?
<div>
</div><div>Starting Rosenfels over Favre would ignite a huge fire-storm! The only reason I could see it happening is due to injury and lets face it Favre, while easily the most durable Quarterback of all time, has become more injury prone over the years. He even has some sort of tear-issue going on right now so I could see Favre having to sit out a few games for injury reasons. </div>

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Favre is one of the top 5 quarterbacks of all time but right now there are at least 10 active quarterbacks that are better than him due to his age.Drew Brees,Peyton Manning ,Philip Rivers,Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers and Roethlisberger are all better.