2008 Ole Miss Rebels

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely starting whitesfor Houston Nutt's firstseason in Oxford. Wake up you drunk white "Rebels!"

Offense

QB Jevan Snead

LG Reid Neely

TEDavid Traxler-in a fight for the positionEdited by: Colonel_Reb

It's such a shame that a team named the "rebels" stands for rebeling against good white football players. Has there ever been a D1-FBS team field 2 or less white players before?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, there were about 3 or 4 teams that fielded two whites in multiple games last year. I don't know of any that have started just one all year.

whiteCB

Master
Hey Col reb isn't the starting QB a white guy somehow named Jevan Snead a
transfer from the U of Texas??

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You are correct whiteCB. I had forgotten about him and confused him with one of the many black QBs recently recruited. I'll update the original post.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
You are correct whiteCB. I had forgotten about him and confused him with one of the many black QBs recently recruited. I'll update the original post.

Haha...I totally understand its not everyday you come across a white boy with the name Javan. lol. I remember my jaw hit the ground when I found out that Javan Snead(a totally black sounding name) wasn't a brotha. Same thing with San Diego Padres SS Kahlil Greene. What are these white women thinking??
smiley5.gif

whiteCB said:
Haha...I totally understand its not everyday you come across a white boy with the name Javan. lol. I remember my jaw hit the ground when I found out that Javan Snead(a totally black sounding name) wasn't a brotha. Same thing with San Diego Padres SS Kahlil Greene. What are these white women thinking??
smiley5.gif

whiteCB, it could have been the white dad who named their kid that with the intent that they would get a better look when being recruited for sports, lol.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You could be right Electric Slide. All I know is I'm glad my father didn't name me Malique or Tauwrence or some such nonsense.
smiley36.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I checked Gerald Harris' Rivals profile the other day and he looked mixed to me. There was good lighting for the 2 face pics on that site.

If he's mixed, Ole Miss is even darker...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Correct you are Deadlift. He will be removed from the list. As least y'all know that I really don't pay attention to this ultra-Caste team anymore.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bad news for the New Miss defense!
smiley36.gif
DE Greg Hardy out for 6-8 weeks.

[url]http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12792&am p;SPID=737&ATCLID=1552836&DB_OEM_ID=2600 [/url]
OXFORD, Miss. - Ole Miss junior defensive end http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewAr...SPID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=542648Greg Hardy underwent outpatient surgery Monday afternoon on his right foot to repair a stress fracture in his fifth metatarsal.

The procedure was performed at the Oxford Surgery Center, and the Millington, Tenn., native is expected to miss six to eight weeks of action, according to Ole Miss head athletic trainer http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewAr...SPID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=542235Tim Mullins.

"It's an unfortunate setback for Greg, but we're glad the surgery went well and he can begin his recovery," said Rebel head coach http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewAr...PID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=1327756Houston Nutt. "We look forward to getting him back on the field later this season."

Hardy has earned preseason All-America honors from several media outlets and was named to watch lists for the Rotary Lombardi Award, Nagurski Trophy and Hendricks Award. Last year, he topped the SEC in sacks (10.0) and ranked second in TFLs (18.5).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
In comparing Danny Woodhead and other white RBs who have been told they were too small to be recruited or given a scholarship by FBS programs, I find Dexter McCluster, a diminutive RB for New Miss. He's listed at a whopping 165 pounds at 5-8, and they recruited him all the way from Florida. Just another example of the double standard. When you start looking for examples, they mount up quickly.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A rare TD for a white Rebel today. Converted TE Badley Sowell had a 1 yard catch in the 3rd quarter of the Egg Bowl.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Found this AP article on the sports wire today and don't think it's been commented on elsewhere:

Ole Miss recruit arrested for assault

"A Mississippi football signee with a history of legal trouble faces an uncertain future after he was arrested on charges he assaulted a man at a McDonald's drive-through with brass knuckles.

Starkville police arrested Jamar Hornsby and charged him with felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor petit larceny....

The 22-year-old Hornsby is already on probation after taking a plea deal in a misdemeanor credit card fraud case that occurred while he was on the University of Florida football team. Hornsby signed a national letter of intent with the Rebels in February, but his future with the team is now uncertain."

This guy is garbage-plain and simple-but for some reason Ole Miss needed him, even after Florida had kicked him off their team a couple of years ago.

If Attorney General Holder wants to have a courageous discussion about race in this country, perhaps he could start by explaining why habitual black criminals like Hornsby get repeated chances for college scholarships.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hadn't heard about this Van. Thanks for posting it! Nutt really is a wannabenegro.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Not that it matters much now, or will ever matter on a team coached by Houston Nutt, but New Miss has 2 white CBs listed on the Red Roster for the Grove Bowl today. Kyle Horine from Kingwood, Texas, and Zane Allcorn from McKinney, Texas. They also have more white FBs than I've noticed recently. Of course, some of these are walk-ons and transfers who never see PT.