2008 North Dakota State Bison

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thisis just a partial listof white starters as NDSU hasn't released an official depth chart yet. I'll list the rest in a few weeks.

Offense

QB Brian Mertens

RB Tyler Roehl

TE Jerimiah Wurzbacher

WR Kole Heckendorf

WR Alex Belquist-in a fight for the position

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
5 white sskill players plus i am guessing 5 white o-linemen? Not too bad plus i am guessing at least 5 or 6 white players on defense.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep celtic, they should start at least 16 whites unless they had a real fall off on defense. They started 17 whites in 2006. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Here's a greatinterview i found on Tyler Roehl. He has high expectations for his senior year and will be one of my favorite players to follow. Keep in mind North Dakota State plays D-1 Wyoming, don't be surprised if they pull an upset.
<DIV =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center>Tyler Roehl Interview
Fullback - North Dakota State
<DIV =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center>
<DIV =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
7/11/08
By: Alex Khvatov</BLOCKQUOTE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
Alex Khvatov: What are your measurements (height, weight and forty time)?

Tyler Roehl: Height 5'10", weight 231, and my 40 time is 4.58.

Alex Khvatov: Coming out of high school, what schools showed interest in you?

Tyler Roehl: North Dakota State and University of North Dakota.

Alex Khvatov: What made you choose North Dakota State?
Tyler Roehl: I grew up in West Fargo, North Dakota. It was close to home. The school was going to Division I. They were headed in the right direction. If I had to do it all over, I would make the same decision a million times over.

Alex Khvatov: What is your workout regimen in the off-season?
Tyler Roehl: We lift and run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. At 6:30 in the morning, we lift and at four in the afternoon, I run. I do Pilates two times a week. I started doing it since this winter. It helps with the flexibility and core strength.

Alex Khvatov: What are your strengths on the football field?
Tyler Roehl: I am a determined player. I want to help the team win. I am going to get the tough yards. I do what I am called upon to do as a teammate. I also have the breakaway speed to run away from defenders.

Alex Khvatov: What areas of your game do you need to improve upon during your senior season?
Tyler Roehl: I don't think it is a big deal, but I want to improve on ball security. I also need to work on picking up the blitz better.

Alex Khvatov: What is the highlight of your football career up to this point?
Tyler Roehl: Our team game against Minnesota last year. I rushed for 263 yards. Their program is down right now, but they still play in a major conference. I got recognized as USA Player of the week. We got recognition and it is another way to help our program. We won the game.

Alex Khvatov: Tell me about your breakout junior season.
Tyler Roehl: I put in a lot of hard work. I put in a lot of extra time. I had a lot of extra film sessions. I had a great supporting cast, great line and a QB that didn't make mistakes. I wasn't really expecting it. It is a dream come true.

Alex Khvatov: What is your favorite NFL team?
Tyler Roehl: Right now, it would have to be Urlacher and the Bears. The Monsters of the Midway Defense.

Alex Khvatov: Who is your favorite player?
Tyler Roehl: When I was growing up, I was a big Terrell Davis fan. He is just a great RB. I remember when he had migraines during the Super Bowl and he came back and got the MVP.

Alex Khvatov: Who is the toughest player that you have faced during your career?
Tyler Roehl: Joe Mays, Linebacker from North Dakota State. He was my teammate. He hit hard, was great on blitzing moves and gave all out effort. He got drafted by the Eagles.

Alex Khvatov: Which underclassman on your team should we keep an eye on in the future?
Tyler Roehl: Right tackle Keith Buckman is doing well. He is a great lineman. He did well as a sophomore last year. He really emerged as a top lineman for us. He should be even better this year.

Alex Khvatov: Which NFL player would you compare your game to?
Tyler Roehl: Rudy Johnson or Jacob Hester.

Alex Khvatov: What are some of your individual and team goals for your senior season?
Tyler Roehl: First and foremost, I want our team to be eligible for the playoffs. This is the first year that we are going to be in the Missouri Valley Conference (former Gateway Conference). I want to win the conference. I want to gain 1,500 yards and score 25 touchdowns which would break the school record.

Alex Khvatov: How does it feel to be getting all of this attention?
Tyler Roehl: Getting attention is flattering, but I have to stay humble. I have another year to prove myself. I got to stay humble though.

Alex Khvatov: What do you enjoy most about playing football?
Tyler Roehl: The challenge. The one on one situations to find out who will be better. Also when you are down by a touchdown, making the winning run is sweet.

Alex Khvatov: Has the NFL always been in the back of your mind?
Tyler Roehl: You know what, I have dreamt of it as a kid. I still have a lot of hard work to do. If there is a chance, I will take it.

Alex Khvatov: What is the one thing in your daily life that you can't live without?
Tyler Roehl: I got to say lifting. I enjoy working out. It is one of my hobbies.

Alex Khvatov: Tell me something about yourself that makes you unique.
Tyler Roehl: I am a proud uncle. My brother and sister both just had kids.

Alex Khvatov: How important is education to you?
Tyler Roehl: It is very important. I was a First Team Academic All-American last year. I am a physical education major.

Alex Khvatov: What do you want to do after your football career is over?
Tyler Roehl: I want to go into coaching. It would probably be coaching football in high school or college.

Alex Khvatov: What are your hobbies?
Tyler Roehl: I like hanging out with my teammates, lifting, playing college football on PS2, going to the lake in the summer and hanging out with my family.

Alex Khvatov: Finish the sentence, Tyler Roehl is...Tyler Roehl: On the field, I am just a football player. I like to hit. I play the game the way it is supposed to be played. A smash mouth brand of football appeals to me. Off-the-field, I am a fun-loving guy. I am a jokester. I make people laugh. But I am serious when I have to be.
</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

White Power

Mentor
If he rushes for 1500 yards he will get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round, and probably be given a chance to play running back at the next level. This kid could break all the sterotypes if given the oppurtunity run the football in the pros.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I like that he compares himself to two smash mouth runningbacks in Hester and Rudi Johnson. The only knock is that he is a bears fan!
smiley2.gif