2008 MLB Playoffs

guest301

Hall of Famer
Any thoughts here on who you will be rooting for in the upcoming playoffs. I am leaning towards the Red Sox and Phillies/Brewers, who ever wins out there. I also am still hoping the Astros pull off a minor miracle and sneak in.Edited by: guest301

Skipperron

Guru
Well, since I pull for the Pirates I don't really have a dog in the show. But, I have plenty of ex-Pirates that we have given away. So I can pick from those. And my pick will be the Red Sox and Jason Bay.

I hate Milwaukee, their announcers and fans totally turned me off of them plus I literally despise that fat wad of nothing, Prince Fielder. Happily I don't think they will make it. Would not mind seeing the Astros sneak in either but I just don't see it.

So I guess it is the Red Sox

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I'm a Phillies phan so they are my team all the way, would like to see them play the very white Red Sox in the World Series...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Phillies-Red Sox would be a great match-up.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I'm just hoping the Brewers make it into the playoffs and knock out the mutts. That'll be a clean sweep, both the yanks and mutts not making the playoffs. nothing could be sweeter.

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It'd be great to see the Brewers edge out the Mets for the wildcard, eitherSunday or else win a playoff Monday. Both Caste New York teams and their gigantic payrolls out of the playoffs would be a wonderful thing.
smiley1.gif

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Phillies are in baby! At any given point in the playoffs you might see them starting 7 whites. I'm really excited to see what we can do in the playoffs this year. We can beat Los Angeles (swept them earlier in the season) and Milwaukee (swept them too).

And I have no doubt that they can beat the Caste-Mets when it really counts. The few whites that the Mets have on their roster are great ballplayers, though. David Wright is absolutely great and Ryan Church could have been an All-Star if it weren't for his concussions.

Go Phillies!

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Phillies beat Brewers 3-1 with an unreal performance by starter Cole Hamels: 8IP,2H,0BB,9K,0ER. Brad Lidge with the save and the Phillies are up 1-0 on the series.

The Brewers have an absurd amount of blacks on their team. Some Latinos, but a truly massive amount of American blacks. A whole lot of good it does them...

How do you guys feel about the Phillies? They're pretty white by today's MLB standards...Edited by: PhillyBirds

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Red Sox might be my second-favorite team. Almost completely white-dominated! Pedroia is MVP-calibur, and that team's chemistry is so much better without Manny Ramirez.

Plus, Tim Wakefield is my favorite pitcher in the majors, hands down! I have a weird obsession with the knuckleball. It's like a weird cult.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
The LA Angel's lineup is disgusting. Only 2 whites in the starting lineup, Texieria and Mike Napoli. Not counting SP John Lackey.

I hope the Red Sox thrash them. All white minus David Ortiz for Boston tonight.Edited by: PhillyBirds

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Red Sox v. Angels is a classic caste matchup:

Boston 90% white v. Angels 70% black

A Boston-Philly Series would be like watching baseball in the 1950s and 60s with mostly white teams with a few blacks sprinkled in.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In Game 1 of Cubs/Dodgers, the "great" Alfonso Soriano went 0-5 as the Cubs' managed a paltry 2 runs. Those runs came on a Mark DeRosa 2-run HR.

After watching ESPN's "PTI" and their blatant spin -- I wonder if the Cubs' are even a TEAM and I wonder if they even possess an ounce of intestinal fortitude?

Derek Lowe, a man who was maligned a number of years ago, shut the Cubs' down! Crucial Game 1 win.

I'd like to see the Dodgers advance over the Cubs in this series.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Gee, the whitest teams are dominating the caste teams. Who would have thought? It only happens every year.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Solomon Kane said:
Phils wrap it up. Pat Burrell hits 2 homers. Awesome.

Great outing for the much-maligned Joe Blanton against the Brewers today. Burrell stepped up big, and white platoon 3rd baseman Greg Dobbs had two hits. I still don't know why Chris Coste isn't catching. Carlos Ruiz is a good defensive catcher, but is totally clueless at the plate. The Phillies' mostly-white lineup swings the bat very well.

GeneralLee

Who are you guys rooting for in the White Sox vs Rays series I am a Chicago White Sox fan eventhough they arn't the Whitest team in MLB but they arn't the biggest caste team either depite haveing Ozzie Guillen as manager who is Hispanic and a Black GM in Kenny Williams and a Jew owner in Jerry Reinsdorph.
I am glad to see the Cubs lose to the Dodgers
smiley17.gif

The Chicago Cubs have 11 foreigners on their team.
How many foreigners and non-whites are on the Dodgers. I need this info for the many arguements I am having.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
screamingeagle said:
The Chicago Cubs have 11 foreigners on their team.
How many foreigners and non-whites are on the Dodgers. I need this info for the many arguements I am having.

Just look at the team roster at any sports site like Yahoos Sports or ESPN they always list the birthplace of the players.

4from the Dom. Republic and 3 from Asia.

Roster

97 Beimel, Joe St. Marys, PA
58 Billingsley, Chad Defiance, OH
51 Broxton, Jonathan Augusta, GA
22 Kershaw, Clayton Dallas, TX
18 Kuroda, Hiroki SP Osaka, Japan
23 Lowe, Derek SP Dearborn, MI
36 Maddux, Greg SP San Angelo, TX
52 McDonald, James RP Long Beach, CA
61 Park, Chan Ho R3 Kong Ju City, South Korea
44 Saito, Takashi Japan
47 Wade, Cory RP Indianapolis, IN
28 Ardoin, Danny C Ville Platte, LA
13 Berroa, ÃÂ￾ngel SS Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
30 Blake, Casey 3B Des Moines, IA
33 DeWitt, Blake 3B Sarasota, FL
15 Furcal, Rafael SS Loma de Cabrera, Dominican Republic
5 Garciaparra, Nomar Whittier, CA
12 Kent, Jeff Bellflower, CA
7 Loney, James Houston, TX
14 Ozuna, Pablo Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
16 Ethier, Andre Phoenix, AZ
27 Kemp, Matt Midwest City, OK
9 Pierre, Juan Mobile, AL
99 Ramírez, Manny Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Thanks for the info, Jaxvid, especially where I can find it.
Rule of thumb for the playoffs and World Series: bet on the team with the fewest foreigners.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Brad Lidge was 'Lights Out' with the Astros, then somehow lost his magic. But he's back to'Lights Out' again. He's been perfect this year,registering 41 saves in 41 opportunities, and going 5-5 in the playoffs. Amazing turnaround.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
The Dodgers are so ardently non-white it's sickening. Only three whites (not counting pitchers) appeared for LA last night. The only thing that's worse is how badly the MSM wants Caste Los Angeles to beat Philadelphia. I mean, the Dodgers' one win got more coverage than the Phillies' three!

Another thing I noticed is how when the Phillies win, it's all about how the Dodgers blew it. Not that a fundamentally sound, mostly white lineup could beat the great playoff Caste-hopes. Of course not.

And when veteran Matt Stairs came off of the bench and annihialted a fastball to take a 2-run lead, Dodger Stadium, and the Manny-hyping announcers were silent.

Tomorrow Cole Hamels seals the deal and this whole "Manny going back to Boston" storyline gets shoved right back in the faces of the media. One of the whiter teams in the majors in making a run.