2008 Louisville Cardinals

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white starters for the 2008 campaign.

Offense

QB Hunter Cantwell

RB Brock Bolen
smiley32.gif

TE Pete Nochta-in a fight for the position

C Eric Wood

RG Mark Wetterer

RT Jeff Adams

whiteCB

Master
Louisville ONCE AGAIN NO WHITE GUYS ON D!
smiley7.gif

I'm really starting to loathe this program!! Does anybody actually know the
last year Louisville had a white starter on defense because I sure as hell
don't.

blue_mentos

It will probably always be like that. Louisville, as far as I know, has a required ratio they have to keep of black students. In Kentucky, Louisville seems to be a much popular choice than UK for black students and it seems like the college wants to encourage that by limiting playing white players.

whiteCB

Master
blue_mentos said:
It will probably always be like that. Louisville, as far as I know, has a required ratio they have to keep of black students. In Kentucky, Louisville seems to be a much popular choice than UK for black students and it seems like the college wants to encourage that by limiting playing white players.

Could you please elaborate on this required ratio thing? I have never heard of such a thing for "higher" education.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
blue_mentos said:

Could you please elaborate on this required ratio thing? I have never heard of such a thing for "higher" education.

Yeah blue_mentos, I'd appreciate some more information on this as well.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8319096/Louisville-WR-Spi llman-dismissed-from-team?FSO2&ATT=MA [/url]
<H3>Louisville WR Spillman dismissed from team</H3>

Associated Press
<DIV =gray_dots>

Updated: July 6, 2008, 7:40 PM EST

Louisville wide receiver JaJuan Spillman has been dismissed from the team following his second arrest in 18 months.

<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = FSTL /><FSTL:EDGEINCLUDE source="/name/public/Topstoriesshort"></FSTL:EDGEINCLUDE>

Coach Steve Kragthorpe announced the dismissal Sunday, three days after Spillman was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, carrying a concealed weapon and having no insurance.

Kragthorpe said Spillman will not have an opportunity to return to the program.

Spillman, 21, pleaded guilty last month to marijuana possession stemming from his arrest on Jan. 31, 2007. He was suspended indefinitely from the team after a win at North Carolina State, but was reinstated after the season was over.

Spillman caught nine passes for 64 yards last season and averaged 22.2 yards on 18 kickoff returns.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8314964/Louisville-WR-Guy -shot-in-back?FSO2&amp;ATT=MA[/url]
<H3>Louisville WR Guy shot in back</H3>

Associated Press
<DIV =gray_dots>

Updated: July 5, 2008, 5:30 PM EST

Louisville wide receiver Trent Guy was shot in the back early Saturday outside a garage near a downtown nightclub. The school said it expects him to fully recover.

<FSTL:EDGEINCLUDE source="/name/public/Topstoriesshort"></FSTL:EDGEINCLUDE>

The 20-year-old junior was taken to University Hospital, where he was in stable condition after surgery, athletic department spokesman Rocco Gasparro said.

"His injuries aren't as severe as they could be," said Gasparro, who visited Guy. "At this time, we expect him to have a full recovery, but it's too early to speculate on his playing status."

Police said there have been no arrests and they are investigating.

Gasparro said an argument was sparked after a man touched Guy's fiance at the club. The club asked them to leave. On the way to Guy's car, two men - one having clashed with Guy at the club - opened fire on the victim and his fiance, Gasparro said.

The shooting was reported about 2:25 a.m., police spokesman Phil Russell said. He declined to say if Guy was shot, citing police department policy, but he confirmed there was a shooting involving a 20-year-old male.

Guy played in all 12 games for the Cardinals last season at receiver and was the team's top kick returner. He caught 11 passes for 177 yards and two touchdowns, and averaged 22.2 yards on kickoff returns and scored a touchdown. He was expected to start at receiver this season.

This news should help the white receivers and backs at Louisville.

blue_mentos

from what i understand, U of L must keep a certain percentage of black students on campus or they will loose funding (im guessing from certain african amercian continuted education or diversity organizations). probably along the lines of historical black colleges but on a small level.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brock is splitting carries this season and hasmainly been used in short yardage and late in the game situations. He has just 40 carries for 162 yards and 2 TDs on the year. He had 23 for 104 last night, and an 11 yard catch, but the freshman black back is the go to runner now. Sad stuff, as I thought Brock would have a chance to shine this year.

White Power

Mentor
Colonel he will still get most of the carries when the game is on the line. Bolen I believe will remain the starter, and continue to split carries for the rest of the season. Sure that freshman had a good game running on the outside, but he is too small to pound the ball up the middle to loosen up the secondary for play action passing. That is why Bolen will continue to be part of their running game. Colonel don't be negative. I know it's hard not to be, but lets have faith that Bolen will still play alot until we see otherwise. I really beleive Bolen has a chance to be drafted high and maybe the next Alstott at the pro level.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope you are right White Power, I really do.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WR Long out for the season-We'll see how this affects the white skill players on the UofL offense tomorrow night.

Louisville junior wide receiver Scott Long tore his right anterior cruciate ligament in practice on Tuesday night and is out for the season, school spokesman Rocco Gasparro said Wednesday morning.

Considered the team's No. 1 wideout, he had his first breakout game on Saturday in a 24-20 win over South Florida, catching five passes for 134 yards and two touchdowns, including the game-winner in the fourth quarter. Those were the first two scores of his collegiate career and his first 100-yard day.

"I'm very disappointed for Scott," Louisville coach Steve Kragthorpe said. "He's worked so hard this year to get into shape. [The injury] occurred during a non-contact drill in practice. We have to move on from this situation and get ready to play a good Syracuse football team."

Kragthorpe said Long will have surgery sometime in the next two weeks.

Long missed the first four games of the season after breaking a bone in his left foot in training camp.

Louisville (5-2, 1-1 Big East) is currently tied for fifth in the Big East standings and play at Syracuse (1-6, 0-3) Saturday.

Brian Bennett covers Big East football for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3670256