2008 Baylor Bears

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected starting white Bears for 08' These 9 whites equal the number of starting whites last year, which was a big improvement over the last several years.

Offense

QB Blake Szymanski-in a fight for the position

WR Thomas White

TE Justin Akers

OG Chris Griensenbeck

C J.D. Walton

OG James Barnard

Defense

DE Jason Lamb

LB Joe Pawelek

FS Jordan LakeEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I watched a couple of Baylor games last year.

Joe Pawelek and Jordan Lake are very good athletes, good tacklers, and have exeptional endurance.

My Fox Sports channel is showing the Baylor/Wake Forest game tomorrow, so I'm going to check it out.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
middle linebacker Joe Pawelek and free safety Jordan Lake are clearly the two best players on the Baylor team. they were both all over the field in last night's game against Wake Forest.

there were two other defensive players that caught my eye, too, though. kick returner and back-up free safety/cornerback Jake La Mar showed tremendous speed and agility both covering guys in the slot and returning kicks. i wonder why he's not on the field more...

also, the Bears started Krys Buerck at cornerback, and he showed a lot of promise as a cover man. even the completions he gave up were in tight coverage. is he a dark-complected white athlete or a mulatto?

krysbuerck.jpg
301360m.jpg
KRYSBUERCKNIKE150.JPG

his bio pic and two high school photos

either way, he's a talented player. but it would be nice to have another cornerback out there.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
oh, one other thing is on my mind about Baylor... they inserted an "exciting playmaker" at quarterback last night. robert griffin took a lot of snaps for the Bears, and apparently "electrified" the viewing audience. griffin, who enrolled in January and practiced in the spring, completed 11 of 19 passes for 125 yards and ran 11 times for 29 yards. he also lost a fumble on a snap at the Baylor 11 that led to the Deacons' first touchdown of the second half.

what "electrifying" numbers, indeed!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

"He was pretty impressive," Coach Jim Grobe said. "For a young kid to get out there and do some of the things that he did tonight, he got my attention.
you can't make that stuff up!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
oh, one other thing is on my mind about Baylor... they inserted an "exciting playmaker" at quarterback last night. robert griffin took a lot of snaps for the Bears, and apparently "electrified" the viewing audience. griffin, who enrolled in January and practiced in the spring, completed 11 of 19 passes for 125 yards and ran 11 times for 29 yards. he also lost a fumble on a snap at the Baylor 11 that led to the Deacons' first touchdown of the second half.

what "electrifying" numbers, indeed!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

"He was pretty impressive," Coach Jim Grobe said. "For a young kid to get out there and do some of the things that he did tonight, he got my attention.
you can't make that stuff up!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

The agenda was so obvious. When they went to the studio at halftime, the older White guy made a fool of himself. He certainly got down on his knees' and "earned" his paycheck...

With all the hands-of-stone receivers' out there, it almost seems like these "dual-threat" QB's have become a "necessary" part of the game. Gotta try somehow to move the chains.

White QB's continue to get benched because of poor receivers. Anyhow, this farce is likely to collapse because "dual-threat" QB's have a higher risk of injury. The media builds THEM up so much and then tells us we should weep when they are inevitably injured. Ironically, this "dual-threat" nonsense has hurt the developement of black QB's and no doubt the development of some white QB's as well.

I really worry about Jake Locker. Football is a team sport. Irregardless of the personnel around him, a QB shouldn't try to be Superman. If he doesn't get himself under control, it won't be a good situation.

I worry less about Tebow because he has a more stocky, running back-like frame. He's also a good passer. Truth is, athleticism can fade pretty fast with the onset of injuries and so on, so a QB has to know how to throw and effectively scramble when necessary.

I don't want a ton of white QB's to kill themselves unnecessarily; To turn themselves into some kind of martyr. For what? I know we want to see white men running the ball, and that's where some white QB's have stepped in to give us some enjoyment. They have partially filled a niche (for us) that really should be filled by white RB's. I understand the idea of having "white athleticism" on display but, in Jake Locker's case, we have already seen that he's very athletic. He needs to protect his body, the source of his athleticism, by not trying to do too much.Edited by: Deadlift

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Buerck looks like a mulatto kid i know. In fact they both have the same name.

Gi-15

Mentor
Lake is ranked as a possible 3rd-4th round selection in next year's draft by tfydraft.com , he was also 2nd team all-big 12 last year on a terrible baylor squad, lets keep an eye on this guy