2008 Ball State Cardinals

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the white starters for the upcoming campaign.

Offense

WR Briggs Orsbon

LG Michael Switzer

C Dan Gerberry

RG Kreg Hunter

Defense

DT Drew Duffin

WLB Bryant Haynes

OLBAlex KnippEdited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteCB

Master
Col. Reb Alex Knipp has actually been bulked up and moved to OLB where
he'll start this year. Keep up the great work!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

PhillyBirds

Mentor
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Ball State have a white running back last year? I remember watching him in a Bowl game and he reminded me a lot of Brandon Jacobs in terms of his build and running style. Can't recollect his name.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
They had a white FB, Brad Salyer, in 2006, but I don't remember any white RBs who had significant carries last year. Of course, I could just be losing my memory.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Their RB Lewis is 5-6, same height as me. Yet Danny Woodheadwas too small for a FBS school.

Riddlewire

Master
It's a little late now, but I notice that you never listed Briggs Orsbon in the first post. Although he's only technically started seven games for them, he's actually their leading receiver with 52 catches for 626 yards and 5 touchdowns. A remarkable freshman season for one of the stars we identified here at CF last year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I noticed Briggs last night while watching a bit of the game online. I haven't seen Ball State all year and evidently he wasn't on the two deep chart I looked at when I previewed the team back in June. I'll go ahead and update their depth chart, just for accuracy's sake.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Daniel Ifft started the first 3 games, it appears, so Orsbon was able to emerge after that. Cool stuff!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Briggs was also a high school quarterback which makes his accomplishments even more impressive.

Riddlewire

Master
Briggs is having a fantastic game in the MAC Championship against Buffalo. 10 catches for 126 yards so far.
Best hands I've ever seen on a true freshman.

Riddlewire

Master
Coach Hoke has gone braindead in this game.
After the very first series, it was obvious what Buffalo's gameplan was: Stop the run at all costs. They were willing to give up whatever passes Ball State wanted. But Hoke insisted on attempting to run the ball. He was just throwing away one down on every possession. Add the turnovers into the mix and you get this nightmare result for Ball State.
Oh well. They still had a nice season. And Orsbon will be WR#1 next year.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Their RB Lewis is 5-6, same height as me. Yet Danny Woodhead was too small for a FBS school.
and this guy isnt even that fast or elusive despite the announcers trying to say he is comparing him to darren sproles, he looks a little chubby actually. so 5'6 and slow, that is dissapointing that someone like woodhead couldnt get a division 1 scholarship