C Jeff Kendall

DEFENSE
DE Nick Reed
LB John Bacon
*Expect to see former walk-on Ryan DePalo playing a good deal in the secondary

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice of Mike Bellotti to allow a few white guys to play the o-line and a couple to line up with their athletic superiors on defense. The black population of Oregon according to the 2000 Census is 1.6%. It's one thing for SEC schools in states withsignificant black populations to have primarily black starters; programs like Oregon thatmimick themare even more racist.

jared

Mentor
Totally agree Don. It annoys the hell out of me to see schools in places like Oregon, Minnesota, Kansas, etc. that have 80% black rosters. Although to clarify, I did not mention that there are three Pacific Islander starters on Oregon's team as well. The Pac 10 loves their Samoan offensive and defensive linemen.

eaxs

Is everyone else puzzled by the hype over Somoans as much as I am? Quick, name a great Samoan football player. I know that they are fat, non-White, and prevalent on the West coast which is a dream come for morons like Bellotti, but still.

Angelcynn

Guru
I've been to Oregon twice and I don't recall seeing a black person, maybe in Portland but not many. That starting lineup is unbelievably racist what the hell is wrong with some of these coaches???

Only Seau and to a certain point Vai Sikahema. Even at that Oregon, for the past 20 years or so has grabbed alot of their players, much less skill players from California. Portland Jesuit, South Medford are or were nationally ranked high school teams right in the state but I am sure they don't reflect the roster of the University. Heck if they really wanted some african-american players they can go right to Portland Jefferson, Grant, or Lincoln. I guess it sticks a thorn in my side when college teams don't give their homestate kids a chance to shine.
smiley7.gif