2007 Ohio State Buckeyes

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
OSU's loss is going to give the pro-caste media a chance to drop the Buckeyes a few notches. It was even worse losing to super caste coach Ron Zook's "Florida North" Illini and the horrible Juice Williams.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree jaxvid. I hated to see Ohio State lose. Hopefully LSU and Kansas will be 1 and 2 this week. I don't believe Oregon is at the same level as those two programs. I think the Ohio State loss was a fluke, and believe they are still a contender. I'm sure the media won't agree with me though.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the best part about the loss, was the 5 white defenders for Illinois looked good, 3 d-linemen and 2 linebackers, led by J Leman.

hey, i'm looking on the bright side here.
smiley9.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This is true JC. In recognition of those white warriors from Illinois, I'm wearing my "Keep The Chief" shirt today.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
OSU drops to 7 in the polls, no shot at the title, freakin' ridiculous for the number 1 team to lose a game and drop that far with so many other 1 loss teams. Pure pro-caste bias.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
OSU drops to 7 in the polls, no shot at the title, freakin' ridiculous for the number 1 team to lose a game and drop that far with so many other 1 loss teams. Pure pro-caste bias.

They would say, "it's the penalty for losing late in the season." They can forgive a loss that occurred earlier in the season, but it is what's happening now that matters.

OSU still has a lot to play for and is jockeying for a higher position. They either take care of Michigan or they don't. They certainly don't want to lose to a team that lost to Appalachian State.

The media can't say -- "OSU is garbage" -- at this point, but they will pile-on if they lose to a very-Caste Michigan team.

I suspect the BCS God's don't want Kansas to go undefeated (not necessarily for racial reasons), but simply because "they are not supposed to be there" and it won't look good excluding an undefeated Big 12 team. Kansas could look them straight in the eyes and tell them -- "what more could we do?"

I like the fact that LSU has Hester and Steltz, but their sumo O-Line is one of their big weaknesses, and I just have a feeling that the team won't show well in a top bowl game. I'm not saying that means anything except -- "just don't buy the hype and see how things really play out."

whiteCB

Master
jaxvid said:

Now Ohio St has got to suck it up and play well this week becuase believe me Michigan will be very tough to beat at home. A win vs UM will put Ohio St in the Rose Bowl which I guess is the next best alternative to not playing in the BCS national championship.

Also a couple notes about the loss to Illinois. Did anyone see Illinois first TD? Well on the first drive they had a long ass run that put them on the 3 yard line. However, Illinois' RB got pushed from behind and the ball fell out of his hands before he hit the ground. So it was an obvious fumble and OSU's safety recovered it in the end zone, so its OSU's ball now right? WRONG!!! The a-hole refs said it was not a fumble and that Mendenhall had hit the ground before the ball came out. ABC showed a replay and the ball had clearly came out before the RB hit the ground. Not a peep about the bad call from the a-hole announcers. This is B.S.!!! There is a conspiracy against OSU becuase the nation hates the Buckeyes so screw them!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping OSU makes it to and wins the Rose Bowl, and I also hope Oregon gets beat. I think if Kansas runs the table, they will probably jump Oregon anyway.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If Ohio State can take care of Michigan, they might find themselves playing for a national championship. They will have to have some help though, but it is much more of a possibility now that Oregon lost. We'll see what happens in the Big 12.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
If Ohio State can take care of Michigan, they might find themselves playing for a national championship. They will have to have some help though, but it is much more of a possibility now that Oregon lost. We'll see what happens in the Big 12.

That would be possible now but only if LSU and West Virginia lose. LSU's best chance at losing is in the SEC champioship where they could easily lose vs. Arkansas. West Virginia'a best shot at a loss is vs. Cincinnati which is possible but not likely, or the pollsters could jump Ohio St over WV if they soundly beat Michigan. It looks certain that out of Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri that one of those schools will win the Big 12 and go on to the national championship.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I sympathise with OSU's success with white players but I'll be at the game tomorrow and will NOT be wearing scarlet and grey.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteCB, Arkansas is in the SEC West with LSU, so they cannot play them in the SEC championship game. LSU will play Arkansas next Friday though. I don't think LSU would have to lose for OSU to make it to the BCS championship game. I think depending on what happens in the Big 12 during the next two weeks and the Big 12 Championship game. West Virginia would probably have to lose for Ohio State to make it, but I think LSU could be there to play them, if everything shakes out right for OSU. I'll agree though that OSU being there is a long shot.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good points, Colonel. and yes, LSU and Arkansas are in the same division.

the weird thing is, that seemingly every time they play each other the team who is playing great football going in to the game LOSES.
smiley5.gif

it's been that way nearly every year since the rivalry began. let's just hope Hester, Steltz, and Flynn can overcome the jinx and take care of business.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah Jimmy, "the battle for the golden boot" has been a weird one. I remember watching the 2000 game when Arkansas won 14-3. That was a strange game. LSU won it in 2003 on their way to a national title, and I think they will make it 5 straight against the Hogs and they just might win another BCS crown this year too.

Riggins44

Master
On the Ohio State-Michigan game they just showed Mike Hart w ith his white mother and black father before the game. They had a big hug and then Hart kissed his mother.

The MSM never misses a chance to show miscengation. They absolutely love it.

Sickening.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I got no problem with Hart kissing his mother, but the media always showing miscegenation in a positive light is sickening!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Michigan's 'phenomenal' receiver Mario Manningham just flat out dropped a pass, and commentator Kirk Herbstreit (a former Buckeye quarterback) defended him, saying "that NEVER happens to Mario Manningham." he then went on to make several excuses for why Manningham must have dropped such an easy pass...

the very next play, Manningham dropped ANOTHER pass.
smiley36.gif

Herbstreit then said the Michigan quarterback should go put his arm around Manningham and hug him, and tell him everything will be okay in order for the receiver to get his confidence back.

oh yes, the terribly sensitive black ego. how many times have we heard about that?
smiley36.gif

Stonewall

Guru
Guys, maybe I've been spoiled by Ohio State's plethora of white talent on defense in recent years, but I've got to say, I'm disappointed with the number of whites on defense that I'm seeing in today's Michigan game.

Just two years ago, they had Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel as their LBs, who were viewed as the best linebacking corps in college football. All three have nowstarted an NFL game.

On the DL, Quinn Pitcock and Tim Anderson were stars who are also now in the NFL.

Not knocking Ohio State, I have a lot of respect for the program and the offensive line is great, and Hartline is a star. Plus, there has been an upgrade at QB this year. But, what's going on with what once was a defense that started 4-5 white players?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Riggins44 said:
On the Ohio State-Michigan game they just showed Mike Hart w ith his white mother and black father before the game. They had a big hug and then Hart kissed his mother.

wow, i would never guess that he has a white mother, he looks very black.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Michigan's 'phenomenal' receiver Mario Manningham just flat out dropped a pass, and commentator Kirk Herbstreit (a former Buckeye quarterback) defended him, saying "that NEVER happens to Mario Manningham." he then went on to make several excuses for why Manningham must have dropped such an easy pass...

the very next play, Manningham dropped ANOTHER pass.
smiley36.gif

Herbstreit then said the Michigan quarterback should go put his arm around Manningham and hug him, and tell him everything will be okay in order for the receiver to get his confidence back.

oh yes, the terribly sensitive black ego. how many times have we heard about that?
smiley36.gif

Manningham was horrible, has been horrible, and everyone knows it. I'm sure he'll be a high round draft choice though because well.... he's black.

Last week Manningham yelled at back-up QB Ryan Mallett when he didn't get passes thrown his way or weren't accurate. The idea that his QB should put his arms around him only applies if you're talking about his neck.

white is right

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Riggins44 said:

wow, i would never guess that he has a white mother, he looks very black.
I'm guessing the scouts didn't know it either........
smiley2.gif
smiley11.gif

Stonewall said:
Guys, maybe I've been spoiled by Ohio State's plethora of white talent on defense in recent years, but I've got to say, I'm disappointed with the number of whites on defense that I'm seeing in today's Michigan game.

Just two years ago, they had Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel as their LBs, who were viewed as the best linebacking corps in college football. All three have now started an NFL game.

On the DL, Quinn Pitcock and Tim Anderson were stars who are also now in the NFL.

Not knocking Ohio State, I have a lot of respect for the program and the offensive line is great, and Hartline is a star. Plus, there has been an upgrade at QB this year. But, what's going on with what once was a defense that started 4-5 white players?

They still have two starting white D linemen and one white guy at LB, but they do rotate in a few other white guys at those positions. Unfortunatley no white guys have played in the secondary this year, even though I know they at least have one white backup at safety.

Also Did anyone catch Dexter Larimore play? Any thoughts on him. He seems to be an up and coming player on the D line. I know his name sounds black, but he is definitely white.

Also OSU has a couple white backup RBs, two who got a couple carries this year. But has anybody heard of Bo Delande? I think he's redshirting this year. I got to see last year's state championship game on TV, and he absolutley ran all over the other school. I wonder what kind've of college player he'll turn out to be, if he even gets a chance to carry the ball.

whiteCB

Master
Stonewall said:

Just two years ago, they had Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel as their LBs, who were viewed as the best linebacking corps in college football. All three have now started an NFL game.

Yeah as a big time Ohio St follower I know what your saying. However, the Ohio St offense at times this year has been 9 out of 11 white for many plays. The defense is a little down this year but that happens every once and a while. At least their best defensive player and the guy who gets the most media coverage, Laurinitis, is white. Also Ohio St has a 4 man DT rotation and 2 out of the 4 are white. Next year white OLB Ross Homan will be starting because SR Larry Grant will be graduating. Ohio St has 2 young white safeties who should start to see some playing time next year. So it could be a lot worse. Yes, its not as good as usual but its way better than a lot of other top 15 teams.

referendum

Mentor
Buckeyes back in the title game. Now if we could just get Ohio St vs. Kansas, but I don't think thats likely, but against LSU would be nice as well, if only because of Hester and Steltz.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I hope Ohio State goes in as the #1 ranked team because #2 is death this year. What an amzing college football season, The NFL could only wish to put half as good a product on the field, not counting the Patriots of course.