2007 NFL Week 9

Bart

Hall of Famer
Big Ben has quietly been having a pretty good year. He seems to be outperforming the legendary Steve McNair this evening, but the game isn't over yet.

Did anyone just hear Kornheiser's speech on Black Coaches, and Mike Tomlin? It sounded like he was reading a script.

G

I had a drunk white fan moment watching the game tonight. I wondered out loud why McNair was still a starter since he is clearly too slow to run and too weak to throw anymore.

A football expert corrected me and pointed out that his backup is Kyle Boller, a white player clearly not up to the task of doing better than slow, injured old McNair.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Bart,

Thanks for the video.

That hit on witten says it all. Yeah, it's great to see a guy deliver a blow like that, but if the receiver goes for a bunch more yards after the catch because the tackler didn't bring hin down, you've got nothing. That video shows the state of nfl tackling.

Tom Iron...

GWTJ

Mentor
Anyone notice how many times the MNF announcers reminded the audience that the Ravens D was missing a couple of guys. They seemed to do it at least after every TD pass but it may have been more.It's gotta hurt the caste pundits that the thuggish black Ravens defense stinks.

bigunreal

Mentor
Steve McNair has played worse than any QB I've ever seen this season. He is absolutely horrible, and is singlehandedly holding back a potentially great offense. Of course, "offensive guru" Brian Billick doesn't help much, with his typically idiotic play calling and refusal to involve his best weapon (McGahee) more in the passing game. If any white QB had a single game like McNair had last night, Kornheiser would have left the booth and stormed the field in protest, and every jock-sniffing "journalist" would be making fun of him and demanding he be benched.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
McNair may have played one of the worst QB games I've ever seen last night, but at least he finally finished a game without getting injured! What an accomplishment!

I think he left early with an injury in every single game this season accept for last night. I wonder if he was actually injured in those games, or if Billick wanted to create the perception that the "bust" Kyle Boller had actually lost the game...while the "Warrior" McNair was playing too hard and was injured.

At least the Raven's defense is getting pretty white, while the black stars are looking slow and old.