2007 Missouri Tigers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white starters for 2007.

Offense
QB Chase Daniel
LT Tyler Luellen
LG Ryan Madison
C Adam Spieker
RT Kurtis Gregory

Defense
DE Stryker Sulak
SLB Van Alexander
MLB Brock Christopher
CB Paul SimpsonEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Chase is going to be a stud...mark my words. Although Coffman won't be starting at TE, he will get plenty of reps and will be the best TE in the nation next year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, I think Chase Coffman will step out of the shadows for Mizzou this year, sort of like what Jonny Harline did at BYU in 2005.

Also keep your eyes on Paul Simpson, one of the few starting white CBs in the Big 12.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Coffman is already probably a top 3 TE in the country, he is better than his counterpart as well. Chase Daniel is a real fun qb to watch, he reminds me alot of Drew Brees but with more speed.

Having to give credit. Martin Rucker, the african-american TE who is ahead of Coffman on the depth chart is very good, no doubt and will play on Sundays. Also he is the brother of former Nebraska player Mike Rucker. He, along with Coffman form the best 1, 2 TE combo in the nation. However, as good as Rucker is, Coffman is even better. I seen Coffman play in the Missouri H.S. state championships and he was lined up at receiver and had good speed and adjusted well with the ball in the air. His hands are probably the best in the Big 12. His blocking is decent, not great. That is the only thing that Rucker has on him which is the only reason why he is starting. Everything else there is no contest. Coffman is so good that Mizzou will split Coffman wide just like in H.S. to get that one on one matchup. He's been doing it since his Freshman year and hopefully with Daniel having a possible Heisman campaign, Coffman will get more national press.

KG2422

Mentor
We are starting to see a few more white cornerbacks sprinkled in here and there.
smiley4.gif

SteveB

Mentor
Chase Daniel is single handily destroying Nebraska. He has 342 yds passing and 2 TDs and is the leading rusher for Missouri with 65 yds and 2 TDs. And that is only through 3 quarters.

Great win for Mizzou! Chase Daniel is starting to get some Heisman voters to take notice. Chase Coffman had a great game also. He ended up second in receiving for Mizzou going 6 for 75 yds and a TD. Should have been 2 TD but they ruled him out...It was a bad call
smiley7.gif
. Go Mizzou! Get those Sooners next week!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
From the AP today:

Missouri loses safety: Missouri will play the rest of the season without strong safety Cornelius "Pig" Brown, who tore an Achilles tendon in the Tigers' victory over Iowa State.

Brown had surgery Sunday morning and was expected to be released from the hospital late Monday, Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said.

"We had him on the line of scrimmage a lot in times in our nickel defense where he was involved in run support and the pass," Pinkel said. "He just has a lot of energy. He talked, acted and played that way. They were making T-shirts up about him and it was turning into something very special. I feel bad for him, but there's nothing we can do. We just have to move on."

Brown ranked second on his team with an average of 8.8 tackles per game and led all defensive backs in the conference with eight for losses this season.

This is the big game today. Kansas-Mizzou. The Border War. I wasn't able to get tickets so I'll be watching from the tube. The whole state is shutting down. If any of you know the history behind these 2 teams, you'll know why. This is the biggest game in either school's football history. As a former University of Missouri St. Louis student and life-long Missourian, I cannot root for the Jayhawks, however I hope that Sharp, Meier, and Reesing have good games.
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
On the Mizzou side, looking for Daniels, Chase Coffman, and Van Alexander to have good games. Get ready for Mizzou to light the scoreboard up. I think Kansas is a very good team, but they haven't faced a team the caliber of Mizzou's. I say 35-17 Mizzou. Edited by: mrjohnnynofear

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Yep, I think Chase Coffman will step out of the shadows for Mizzou this year, sort of like what Jonny Harline did at BYU in 2005.

Also keep your eyes on Paul Simpson, one of the few starting white CBs in the Big 12.

I checked Paul Simpson on the Missouri website and he is about as black as they come.
I don't think there are any white DBs in this game, but according to the KU website, 3 of their starting 4 defensive lineman are white, as are 2 of the 3 starting linebackers.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) - Missouri backup linebacker Marquis Booker was suspended Monday following his arrest on suspicion of unlawfully using a weapon and an underage liquor law violation.

The 20-year-old was arrested early Sunday outside an apartment complex in south Columbia, police said.

He threatened to "light the place up" and grabbed a handgun from his car during a parking lot argument, police said. Booker cocked the gun but did not point it at anyone, according to police. He drove off with four others as officers arrived.

Officers found a loaded handgun under the front passenger seat. Booker told police it was his.

Also in the car were wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, junior linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, a football recruit and a female student.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7923576/Booker-suspended- following-weekend-arrest?FSO2&ATT=MA [/url]